• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

gillty

Banned
Quick question guys SE bills you for FFXI on the 1st of each month right...

So if I subscribe today I will be billed on april 1st, for this month and the next (If I dont cancel before then)?

edit: seems I was correct, which is awesome because I'm broke right now after buying bfbc2.
FFXI TSR Jereme: You would be billed for the month you reactivated the ID on the first of the next month.
FFXI TSR Jereme: Our billing cycle is on the first of every month.
FFXI TSR Jereme: If you note, you were not billed on the date you reactivated the ID.
FFXI TSR Jereme: We simply postponed the fee to the next billing date, which is always the first of the month.

Big Chungus

Valru said:
Quick question guys SE bills you for FFXI on the 1st of each month right...

So if I subscribe today I will be billed next month on the 1st for this month and the next (If I dont cancel before then)?

They charge the 1st of every month iirc....

I remember renewing on the 27th of the month (2004)...a few days later I was charged again.

So I was charged 2 months worth of play in a few days.

Teknoman

Hey everyone, apparently someone is sending out fake beta email:

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/4196-warning-fake-beta-emails/?

There are some evil people in this wold playing cruel jokes. Be very cautious of dealing with any FFXIV Beta Invite e-mails. E-mails for FFXIV Beta Invite will come from a @square-enix.com. There is a squarenixcom@gmail that is circulating these fake emails. This information has been verified after talking with a Square Enix representative about the fake e-mails

Teknoman

Freyjadour said:
Do want :(

Should I have linked my FFXI account before applying months ago?

Link it now and apply for the other two additional chances.

Even if you dont make it in the early alpha stage (which will guarantee your position in all stages till retail), they are going to keep picking more people from the list at regular intervals.

So you pretty much have a chance to get in beta right until it ends.

Nakazato

Teknoman said:

Even if you dont make it in the early alpha stage (which will guarantee your position in all stages till retail), they are going to keep picking more people from the list at regular intervals.

should i still apply if i want o get in to the ps3 beta. I have decent pc 2.4 ghz dual core 2 gigs ram X1900 card. or should i try for the pc

Teknoman said:

Account isn't active anymore, but linked and applied anyhow. I would sub again if it were a sure bet, but until I see more of you getting invites I'll wait.

Caffer

Neo Member
guys do you think it's a coincidence that the ffxiv official beta site will open the day after the Sony's GDC conference?i hope they announce the ps3 beta coming soon...:)

Caffer said:
guys do you think it's a coincidence that the ffxiv official beta site will open the day after the Sony's GDC conference?i hope they announce the ps3 beta coming soon...:)

Personally I don't think there'll be any PS3 beta until the PC beta phase begins; they probably want to get the alpha out of the way first on PC only so they don't have to deal with certification for numerous PS3 patches.

Kandinsky

Caffer said:
I expect the PS3 beta to take place 1 week before the game's launch:lol

Teknoman

News:

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

Updated stuff:

- There will be several rounds of tester selection, with the total number of participants increasing each time.

- Once selected, participants will be able to continue in their role until the end of the Beta Test phase.

- Submitted applications will be considered for each round of tester selections. It is not necessary to reapply.

* The game to be tested is under development, and may differ significantly from the commercial release.

* If an applicant applies multiple times, only the final application will be valid.

* Inquiries regarding the selection process and/or its results will not be answered.

* For more details, see the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Application FAQ here.

* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.

* If you have already applied for the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test but would like to apply for the PlayStation 3 beta with a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, please be aware that all previous applications will be invalidated.

* The promotional code will also be required to obtain the FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, so please hold on to your code until the game’s official release.

MrDenny

Teknoman said:
News:

Updated stuff:

* The game to be tested is under development, and may differ significantly from the commercial release.

* If an applicant applies multiple times, only the final application will be valid.

* Inquiries regarding the selection process and/or its results will not be answered.

* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.

* If you have already applied for the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test but would like to apply for the PlayStation 3 beta with a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, please be aware that all previous applications will be invalidated.

* The promotional code will also be required to obtain the FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, so please hold on to your code until the game’s official release.
Does this apply to the US FFXIII copies?

Nakazato

Teknoman said:
News:

Updated stuff:

HOLY SHIT so dose this mean what i think it dose registered ff13 for a chance for beta on ps3 ??

Teknoman

I guess so, since its on the NA site. They might mean the S-E Members (similar to club nintendo) codes that come with games these days. Probably enter the code, then they send you a code.

desu

Teknoman said:
I guess so, since its on the NA site. They might mean the S-E Members (similar to club nintendo) codes that come with games these days. Probably enter the code, then they send you a code.

Sounds likely, hope we find out more in the next days.

Hex

Banned
Teknoman said:
News:

What's this what's this??

Teknoman

lol I forgot whether or not I added my POL ID to my beta app. They went up in december 09, and I reactivated FFXI in june 09...so I SHOULD have done it.

I could reapply now, but dunno if that would mess up my ZAM/FFXIcyclopedia chances.

Fumetsu said:

All S-E games starting in 2009 (for NA and EU anyway) started including little red and black cards with codes on them. You can register for points (like Club Nintendo) and some might net you special items. Im guessing thats the case with XIV. Registering the code should give you another code for a special item in XIV, and you can use that same code to enter for the PS3 beta.

Teknoman

hitsugi said:
but if it's on the NA site.. >.>

come on I need positivity to get me through this Monday

PS3 beta isnt starting that soon...but its probably just that little S-E members card thats inside the case. The JP XIII has a special campaign code, but NA and EU probably have normal S-E members points codes. It probably wont be an instant reply, but eventually you should get something.

Just remember, entering for PS3 invalidates the PC entry.

jiggle

Fumetsu said:

sounds like by registering your copy of FFXIII on SE site, they're gonna send us a code for FFXIV?

so stupid they're making you choose either PC or PS3 version
when you don't even know if u'll get into either in the first place
and there's no place to even sign up for PS3 version yet

Teknoman

jiggle said:
sounds like by registering your copy of FFXIII on SE site, they're gonna send us a code for FFXIV?

so stupid they're making you choose either PC or PS3 version
when you don't even know if u'll get into either in the first place
and there's no place to even sign up for PS3 version yet

Yeah there is, its the same app for the PC version.

ephn9e.jpg

jiggle

oh right
forgot about that

were we able to click both?

i can't remember what i chose XD

well i guess it's a good thing they'll accept the latest application
so i can reapply with the code

Caffer

Neo Member
yes you can check both...anyway SE updated the info and they mention the ps3 beta a lot more now...i still hope the announcement at GDC...XD
by the way...i already bought european FFXIII.. found today in a store!do you think it's a bad idea to register the code today?

Teknoman

Caffer said:
yes you can check both...anyway SE updated the info and they mention the ps3 beta a lot more now...i still hope the announcement at GDC...XD
by the way...i already bought european FFXIII.. found today in a store!do you think it's a bad idea to register the code today?

Nope. Just make sure everything you do on s-e's site is tied to your S-E ID. Of course thats easy these days since they basically fused S-E Members and the S-E ID.

Of course the code you use to register the game isnt the one you input on the beta site.

Caffer

Neo Member
i had to resubscribe because the site didn't accept my SE id...i had to enter a SE member id..do you know how to link it to my SE ID?:/

Amir0x

Banned
Since FFXIII turned out the way it does I find myself really filling my FF anticipatory void with this game. It may or may not be the first MMORPG I jump into since LOTRO, and I think I could probably not get super obsessive over it like I did that game. Can't wait to hear impressions on this game

LowParry

Crazy that this beta starts in the next few days. I'm sure there will be plenty of "unofficial" impressions of the game which I'm very very very much looking forward to.

Amir0x said:
Since FFXIII turned out the way it does I find myself really filling my FF anticipatory void with this game. It may or may not be the first MMORPG I jump into since LOTRO, and I think I could probably not get super obsessive over it like I did that game. Can't wait to hear impressions on this game
FF XIV and Diablo III are the only two online RPGs I'm waiting for.

I just hope the gameplay is something completely different to the WoW model (WAR, AoC, AION, LOTR, EQ 2, STO, CO, FE, + others)...

else I'm skipping it

Teknoman

Caffer said:
i had to resubscribe because the site didn't accept my SE id...i had to enter a SE member id..do you know how to link it to my SE ID?:/

Just go here: https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account

to check your SE ID. Members is just the site you go to add things for points, the SE ID is just for all around security on anything SE related.

After making sure everything is correct, go here:

http://member.square-enix.com/na/

And click on the big March 01 banner.

Hex

Banned
Amir0x said:

I agree.
I swore off MMOS for quite a while and got sucked into LOTRO in a big way (still log in when I have free time but not as much luckily).
I find myself looking toward FFXIV in a very similar way as I did with LOTRO and I forsee many lost hours in my future.

Teknoman

Well I can say XIV will be nothing like WoW...or any other MMO for that matter. Maybe sorta similar to XI, but its S-E. They always do something different...for better or worse.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teknoman said:
Well I can say XIV will be nothing like WoW...or any other MMO for that matter. Maybe sorta similar to XI, but its S-E. They always do something different...for better or worse.
Guaranteed for better for XIV.

Estival

Aw, so you need to buy FFXIII to register for the XIV PS3 beta, it says the code is required information. Too bad for me :(

Hex

Banned
Estival said:
Aw, so you need to buy FFXIII to register for the XIV PS3 beta, it says the code is required information. Too bad for me :(

Try and snag a code from someone who is not into mmos

Amneisac

Uh, okay, so not to sound like an idiot, but linking my PlayOnline account with my Square Enix account doesn't reactivate my FFXI content IDs, right? The only reason I ask is it shows my PlayOnline ID under "registered" not "cancelled" so I was just curious. Not that I don't enjoy FFXI, but I'm not really trying to reactivate right now.

gillty

Banned
RE: PS3 BETA,
I don't see there being a large ps3 beta (and its likely to be JP only) just because the PC is the main platform and all general things will be tested that way. I do see them doing a 2 week "open beta" for PS3 users at launch. I just wouldnt get my hopes up.

Top Bottom