• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Information Thread | PC Open Beta... yeah it's not really open.

oneHeero said:
WTF is going on in here? Ps3 signups through code from FF13 game?

I just have to buy FF13 to get a code to register for Ps3 beta? From any retailer????!?!?!??!
Keep in mind that's just to register for a chance to be in the Beta. Not everyone who applies will get in.

careksims

Nakazato said:
If your in the US dont count on it we'll likely get the shaft again :\

Ugh... Why do they do this? I don't get the reasoning.

When the release date draws near I probably pre-order it from Amazon.

Replicant

Kagari said:
Yeah, after XIII, I doubt the US will see a limited edition.

Wait, you guys don't get the LE (the one with mini artbook + limited OST + stickers)?

If it makes you feel any better though, I think paying extra $40 for those stuff is a bit of a rip-off.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Replicant said:
Wait, you guys don't get the LE (the one with mini artbook + limited OST + stickers)?

If it makes you feel any better though, I think paying extra $40 for those stuff is a bit of a rip-off.

No, we didn't.

tenchir

Odd that some of you got your codes emailed to you. I got my code right after I registered my game on the next page. I clicked on the beta link on that same page and apply for the beta. I copied and paste my 20 digit code and had no problem.

Some new stuff from Famitsu/Dengeki:

Corinth from Eorzeapedia said:
No pics yet but it is widely being reported that Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation will have big articles on FFXIV this week.

I'm just going to list a bunch of the things being reported. Remember, we don't have pics yet and the magazines don't come out until tomorrow or the day after. In other words, all of this is UNCONFIRMED at the time I write this. Some of it we have heard before tho. Also, I will probably misspell a lot of things because I'm not going to bother looking up English terms. :oops: Don't hurt me.

• The writeups will have pictures from the alpha build and interviews.
  • When fighting, you have to think of distance and position. Also, moving parties will be the norm compared to the non-moving pull back to camp style of FFXI.
  • MP will not auto-refresh. You will have to be careful with how you manage MP. There will be ways to gain MP.
  • There will be 6 elements. Some people are saying that Light and Dark will not be present.
  • Puglists have steal.
    [*]
  • You can throw javelins at enemies that are not in a battle state to do a sort of sneak attack.
  • Marauder's have low accuracy. They also have a meditate-like ability to store... something. Probably TP.
  • Horticulturalist are the only ones that can see digging spots meant for them. They can dig up stuff during battle that can be used to back up the party. The more of these people you have, the more items you can get it sounds like.
  • When a blacksmith repairs your weapon, you don't have to hand it over!!!
  • The alpha build requires a computer with high specs. Some are saying its due to a lack of config options. The final product will require lower specs.
  • VRAM512MB is enough.
  • Not all parts of character making will be present in the beta. In particular, you cannot do facial customization.
  • There is a mode where you can walk around to regain HP.
  • There are spells you can cast while moving.
    [*]
  • There are many ways to earn TP. You can earn TP from spellcasting as well.
  • General parties are 6 to 8 people. Alliances are also possible.
  • There are alpha build screenshots. People say there are small things that are different from the German alpha build we saw at Gamescom.
  • Gladiators and Puglists have a way to gain hate.
  • Gladiators have a version of Phalanx different from FF11. Their version is where you can guard with a shield while still attacking.
  • Puglists have a provoke ability called Whistle.
Remember, at this time all of this is unconfirmed! However, we can expect to see real updates soon. And, if SE keeps up their habit, we'll see updates to the NA website to tie in with the magazine releases.

very interesting... looking forward to seeing the article.

Teknoman

HappyBivouac said:

Also, moving parties will be the norm compared to the non-moving pull back to camp style of FFXI.

Puglists have steal.

You can throw javelins at enemies that are not in a battle state to do a sort of sneak attack.

Puglists have a provoke ability called Whistle.

If any of this is true, im still going to have a hard time decided to be either a career pugilist or lancer.

jiggle

time for RDM to move to XIV now that they're not needed in XI :lol

interesting that non combat job can contribute to battle

EctoPrime

I hate that FF14 sign up site, the damn thing keeps saying my username or pass is wrong but the members site is quite happy to accept them. Also what is that one time password thing about?

Nakazato

HappyBivouac said:

....puglist have steal that means..... no thf like job :\

edit: grain of salt till confirmed

Teknoman

EctoPrime said:
I hate that FF14 sign up site, the damn thing keeps saying my username or pass is wrong but the members site is quite happy to accept them. Also what is that one time password thing about?

Are you using your Square Enix ID or the old Members username/password?

http://account.square-enix.com/regist/

If you dont have an actual Square Enix ID, then make sure to create one there, and then click on the big banner at the members site to link the two. From then on, you'll only use the Square Enix ID username and password to log into anything related to S-E.

Dont worry about the one time password, thats just something that came with the FFXI security token.

Teknoman

Yeah the members thing came around before S-E ID arrived on the scene. Now S-E is trying to place all of their services under that one ID. You even can use it to log into FFXI. Just create a Square Enix ID and you can tie it to your members profile. It wont delete or change any info aside from the face you'll use the S-E ID for everything.

I think it reminds you that Members ID isnt an actual S-E ID at the front of the beta page, or at least it used to.

EDIT: Looks like the EU members site is drastically different from the NA site...but the same thing should apply. This is whats on the NA site:

210dmhx.jpg

EctoPrime

5kn69h.png

This site is linked in the email you get for registering FF13 along with the FF14 code. I see now that it does say that you need a Square ID but it does not tell you that it is different to what you just signed up for minutes earlier.

where the hell do i need to use the code i cant log in keep saying it wrong i know it right can can log into other parts just not the one all site point me too

some one send me link for the pal

i got a email but it dont take me anywhere just back to the same page

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
sure wish my code wasn't fucked up :(

damn typos. I got freaking diamonds in my product registration code for christ sake

eggandI said:
Lol hello DRK 6 second wait time between swings (2/4 end up missing)

goodbye game!

Yes, you read one line and dismiss a game. Truly the rest of us gamers should look to you for inspiration when deciding what games are worthy of playing.

Ahh, the more information is trickling out into the public, the more excited I get. Pugilist is the class I'll go for in the beginning, they seem to resemble Monks the most, the only class I played in my sole month of FFXI.

eggandI said:
Lol hello DRK 6 second wait time between swings (2/4 end up missing)

goodbye game!

There are reasons for this. It's the same balancing as any other game.

New news is good news! Glad to see so much info on parties, it is a focus I am definitely looking for in XIV.

Shouta

Big article on the jobs in Famitsu. Haven't fully read it yet but I have it here. Pugilist = MNK + THF. Earthfist or whatever (from FFT) skill + steal + sneak attack

Nakazato

Shouta said:
Big article on the jobs in Famitsu. Haven't fully read it yet but I have it here. Pugilist = MNK + THF. Earthfist or whatever (from FFT) skill + steal + sneak attack
:OOOOOOOO
would be nice if pug could use daggers tho

The more I hear about the classes the more I'm starting to like the whole 'weapons=class' thing. Great idea because it sounds like I'm going to be screwing around a lot to find out what suits me best having never played an MMO before.

Nakazato

I should be doing hw said:
The more I hear about the classes the more I'm starting to like the whole 'weapons=class' thing. Great idea because it sounds like I'm going to be screwing around a lot to find out what suits me best having never played an MMO before.
you should do the FFXI 14 day trial

Le-mo

Anybody want the promo code for the Final Fantasy XIV item/beta? First one to post a picture related to The Legend of Dragoon gets it.

Lyonaz

Good God registration for the FFXIV is such bullshit, I better make it to the PS3 beta.

Blegh my friend got access for the PC beta and Starcraft 2 Beta in the same week. And he doesn't even play games that often. >.< :lol

Jinko

Screw the PS3 beta code, has anyone got in to the PC alpha from the lotto draws, Zam and ffxiclopedia yet ?

Aplha opens tomorrow ...

JWong

Banned
2San said:
Needs more Nomura

Don't know about you guys Nomura's style might be crazy, but at least it's not bland and generic. o_O
Shit, I'd pay 30 bucks a month to bask in a world of Nomura's art...

I'll just pay 60 bucks for Versus though...

eggandI

Banned
2San said:
Needs more Nomura

Don't know about you guys Nomura's style might be crazy, but at least it's not bland and generic. o_O

Lol these look better than every single design in any recent FF game (main line). The designs actually make sense and look pretty badass (for the most part... those puglist or w/e fist weapons look stupid).

HappyBivouac said:
Yes, you read one line and dismiss a game. Truly the rest of us gamers should look to you for inspiration when deciding what games are worthy of playing.

I was messing around :)

BTW can anyone translate? theres a lot more pics in the link with some Japanese characters behind them.

Cynar

2San said:
Needs more Nomura

You are part of the reason why Final Fantasy games have been going down hill :(

Top Bottom