• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV 80% OFF in Europe PSN

ISee

I'd pay money for the opportunity to eavesdrop on a Sony-Square conference where they discuss how many licenses were sold today because of the error and what they are going to do next.
I'm also very happy to not be the person that fucked up.

Crumpo

So it was a price error?

I was 20 minutes late for work this morning because i wanted to buy it,

RESULT!

I feel equally smug being late to work to get this...I even used PayPal instead of cdkeys for credit because I was worried it'd be pulled!

Didn't physically start the download on PS4 so hopefully that works when I get home.

Square, if you're watching I had no intention of buying FFXV for more than a tenner, so revoking my license will not earn you a sale at a higher price.

Marmelade

Square, if you're watching I had no intention of buying FFXV for more than a tenner, so revoking my license will not earn you a sale at a higher price.

Same for me.
FF XV wasn't even remotely on my radar and I was perfectly fine with waiting for the eventual PC version but at 14€ it was too good of a deal to pass up

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Same for me.
FF XV wasn't even remotely on my radar and I was perfectly fine with waiting for the eventual PC version but at 14€ it was too good of a deal to pass up

Yep, either I keep this or I just borrow it from a friend of mine (which was the plan originally)

I'd pay money for the opportunity to eavesdrop on a Sony-Square conference where they discuss how many licenses were sold today because of the error and what they are going to do next.
I'm also very happy to not be the person that fucked up.

To be fair in instances like this I'd imagine Sony are basically forced to pay the remainder of what would have been owed at the intended price. It's their network and their mistake after all.

ISee

Back home and playing :).
Initial impression: hmm cool presentation, might be interesting.

To be fair in instances like this I'd imagine Sony are basically forced to pay the remainder of what would have been owed at the intended price. It's their network and their mistake after all.

Probably...

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I got in this situation recently with another game.I bought it February 28th and got notified it was cancelled March 9th.

HappyMeatyEgg.gif

Rixa

Hmm. Can they do this in EU? I mean can it take so long as in that example?
Basically they have my money and if it takes so long. One would think that consumer rights come in.
IF they do that and it takes like 8-10 days, I will surely contact my country's consumer office about that.

ISee

Has anyone tried asking support about it?

There is currently no issue. We paid for it and are able to play and support doesn't know what decision corporate Sony is going to make in the next couple of days anyway.
I'll play the game and if Sony decides to take it away I'll wait for the pc port as previously intended.

Hmm. Can they do this in EU? I mean can it take so long as in that example?
Basically they have my money and if it takes so long. One would think that consumer rights come in.
IF they do that and it takes like 8-10 days, I will surely contact my country's consumer office about that.

No easy answer here. As previously said: they don't need to honour an invitatio ad offerendum, especially not one that occurred because of an error. But they already took the money and accepted the deal. BUT there were curt rulings forcing costumers to give back stuff that were cheaper because of online store price errors. But Those price errors were very easy to make (399.99€ instead of 3999.99€) and those were small companies who would have run out of business otherwise.

Rixa

No easy answer here. As previously said: they don't need to honour an invitatio ad offerendum, especially not one that occurred because of an error. But they already took the money and accepted the deal. BUT there were curt rulings forcing costumers to give back stuff that were cheaper because of online store price errors. But Those price errors were very easy to make (399.99€ instead of 3999.99€) and those were small companies who would have run out of business otherwise.

Yup and obviously if they keep my money many days and inform like after one week there was pricing error your game has terminated and we return money to your wallet. I will contact consumer office, like this:

"Hey CO, Sony offered sale game and I bought it (have the recipe in the email). Now they canceled that deal and returned money to my Wallet (when I paid with CC). What should I do? Shall I file this reclamation to them and send it to you too"?

Usually it helps a lot if reclamation mail is send to company & to consumer office.

My PS3 broke 2010 to YLOD, it was almost 3 years old (few weeks less than 3y). I contacted Sony and informed them about situation and my right and their liabilities about broken machine (where the broken thing was from start of the console). Got reimbursed PS3 back (which still works) :D. Obviously different story now, but so good we have these consumer rights :).

Nah, I got in this situation recently with another game.I bought it February 28th and got notified it was cancelled March 9th.

10 days huh, interesting because it'll probably take that length of time to download the 45GB game with my internet connection.

It will let me start it after 7.5GB is downloaded, so 79 minutes to go.

jimminy1403

Neo Member
They did withdraw the free Fallout 4 season pass from about a year back. Though that was probably a lot easier to do given no money changed hands.

Rixa

^^
Thanks for those info posts :). I did put my copy to download yesterday. Maybe today I can actually play it.

Freeman76

Someone in the psn sale thread they had asked and Sony rep said they won't revoke

That was me, I answered my own question by asking support lol.

Funny how many users were like "haha hope you people are ready to lose your game" when they clearly had no clue what would happen.

ty_hot

I think the 14 day trial expires after a while if you don't use it right after you create your PSN account. I know I was able to use it but a friend of mine was in the same situation as you, after a couple of months of creating his own account and never having PS+ he decided to use it but couldn't.
I tried again, this time in the console and it worked. Got PES and Infamous.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nobody is getting their game revoked. Sony will foot the bill with SE. This isn't like Fallout. Enjoy a good game for a great price.

Ruff

It would suck hard if they revoked it, since I'm sure people actually bought PS+ subscriptions solely to get this deal that had no signs to the average consumer that it was a mistake. It would look like a giant scam.

liquidtmd

Banned
Must say, I'm 2 hours in after snagging it at £9.99 and having an absolutely great time.

After hearing so many varied views, its way above my expectations. Looks gorgeous, the music is incredible and I'm really digging the atmosphere it's setting up

Glad they don't seem to be revoking.

No chance to get the game with that price in a future discount? Even the full package.

You won't see this price again for a loooooooooong time
Must say, I'm 2 hours in after snagging it at £9.99 and having an absolutely great time.

After hearing so many varied views, its way above my expectations. Looks gorgeous, the music is incredible and I'm really digging the atmosphere it's setting up

Glad they don't seem to be revoking.

In many ways it's a really strange game and you can tell that it had a troubled development, but it's definitely not bad if you like open world stuff.

Top Bottom