• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Assassin's Festival DLC out (Assassin's Creed collaboration; free)

Koozek

The DLC is out now if it's the 31st where you are. You have to download it separately (~800mb) and it's accessible through the "Special" menu on the title screen.

If it's not listed yet on your PS4's store, try searching for it on the web version of the PSN store on your PC or whatever.

ICYMI, trailer for the Assassin's Festival event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6Sy3Xx5Ss

“This collaboration is the result of being huge fans,” says Ismail. “There’s a lot of respect between the two teams and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the opportunity to pay homage to each other’s work.”

The collaboration kicks off on August 30, as Final Fantasy XV players who have obtained the Dream Egg from the Moogle Chocobo Carnival event will be gifted a very familiar Assassin outfit for Noctis. The very next day, August 31, will be the release of the free Assassin’s Festival DLC for Final Fantasy XV. The town of Lestallum will transform itself for the event with signs and banners signaling the arrival of the festival, and new activities will be available for players to participate in. It doesn’t end there. The Assassin’s Festival will have some additional themed items and features, including another outfit from Assassin’s Creed, along with abilities that enable Noctis to explore more like an Assassin and even use some of the Assassins’ more well-known abilities.
Code:
[IMG]http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/ac_ff_artwork.jpg?x49516[/IMG]
[IMG]http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2017/08/feather_keyart_final.jpg?x49516[/IMG]

AerialAir

Banned
How far are we from a physical Final Fantasy XV: Premium Edition? Seeing all this content being released and knowing that the premium edition is digital only is a real bummer.

How far are we from a physical Final Fantasy XV: Premium Edition? Seeing all this content being released and knowing that the premium edition is digital only is a real bummer.

Would it even fit on 1 disc? I think the game is close to 65-70gb rnow with the multiplayer being 10gb separately iirc and one more dlc pack remaining.
Thats just that we know of.

ViviOggi

Ayyy the framerate in those climbing sections

Cute idea though hope it'll be included in the PC version as well

Haunted

So I'm the only one who thinks that these kinds of silly promotional cross-overs in a game with a completely self-contained world that wants to be taken seriously as its own thing cheapens the brand and hurts the world they're trying to immerse you in? This is breaking the fourth wall in all the worst ways, imo.

The best thing I can say about it is that it's free and optional.

So I'm the only one who thinks that these kinds of silly promotional cross-overs in a game with a completely self-contained world that wants to be taken seriously as its own thing cheapens the brand and hurts the world they're trying to immerse you in? This is breaking the fourth wall in all the worst ways, imo.

The best thing I can say about it is that it's free and optional.

They don't say out rights that it's assassin's creed, just asssassins. The game could bring up a context to justify them in the world if done right. Plus, this special event could indeed be another of Noctis dream, just like the Chocobo festival, so I guess it's okay if it's introduced like that.

AerialAir

Banned
Would it even fit on 1 disc? I think the game is close to 65-70gb rnow with the multiplayer being 10gb separately iirc and one more dlc pack remaining.
Thats just that we know of.

They could always leave the multiplayer out of the disc as a download-only option, since you will always need an internet connection to play online, and put all of the SP content on a disc, it makes a lot of sense since this game is constantly getting VERY different from what was originally released in December.

jesu

I got the assassin's outfits in my game yesterday, look pretty cool.
Haven't downloade this DLC yet but enjoyed the Chocobo festival.

They don't say out rights that it's assassin's creed, just asssassins. The game could bring up a context to justify them in the world if done right. Plus, this special event could indeed be another of Noctis dream, just like the Chocobo festival, so I guess it's okay if it's introduced like that.

Oh they outright say that assassin's creed is a game series in eos and this is a festival for its fans where retards are doing leaps of faith to kill themselves in an attempt to feel like an assassin .
God fucking knows why an enemy general is hanging out at the town at the same time lol, and this is post insomnia attack mind you.

Its best to consider these dlc's as non cannon fan fiction. The carnival and ascreed thing.

Samus4145

Actually I couldn't find it either tonight when I searched for "Assassin's Festival", but found it under "Final Fantasy XV", then "Show all", and then it's there at the bottom.

Weird. Still not showing. I'll try the web store later. Thanks

scar654

Neo Member

Spoilers about it:
They do, when you begin Noctis and Prompto talk about the festival about Assassin's Creed videogame.

Spoilers about it:
They do, when you begin Noctis and Prompto talk about the festival about Assassin's Creed videogame.

Is the festival a dream ? When I saw the trailer, it was clearly stated on the flags : Assassin's festival, not assassin's creed festival, though.

Oh they outright say that assassin's creed is a game series in eos and this is a festival for its fans where retards are doing leaps of faith to kill themselves in an attempt to feel like an assassin .
God fucking knows why an enemy general is hanging out at the town at the same time lol, and this is post insomnia attack mind you.

Its best to consider these dlc's as non cannon fan fiction. The carnival and ascreed thing.

As far as I can tell, the lore seems to be that Assassins were a real thing in ancient Eos but their stories are largely forgotten and they have become something of legend. There was then a game series (Assassins' Creed) made based upon these legends and then a festival created to celebrate both the real Assassins and the game series.

I would have preferred it if the in-game lore was just about the real ancient Assassins and the in-universe version of Assassins' Creed didn't exist as that pushes the limits of the cross-over IMO, but oh well.

Anyway, from what I've played this is another fun little addition like the Moogle-Chocobo Carnival. Well worth checking out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Playing through the game now.

It's pretty good for free DLC. It's like the Moogle Carnival with a story quest. Sure the advertisement is blatant but it's still fun!

Jetku

Does this last forever, or is it time sensitive?

I'd like the Carnival's outfit for Noctis but don't plan on playing through XV this month. What chapter is required to access the festival?

Vashetti

Banned
Does this last forever, or is it time sensitive?

I'd like the Carnival's outfit for Noctis but don't plan on playing through XV this month. What chapter is required to access the festival?

Runs until January.

You can play the events at any time, it's accessed through Special in the opening main menu.

ASSASSINO!!!!!

This is so bizarre. I'm not quite as triggered as Jim Sterling is, but it still fascinates me how many games get some kind of Assassin's Creed collaboration. :/

Ludens

Banned
How can I
follow the general inside the central? I end on a rooftop but no matter what, they spot me since there is no place to hide or warp.

Falchion

I grabbed it. I'll definitely be playing this through at some point so I need the AC and Cup Noodles DLC to have the full experience right?

Ludens

Banned
So, I completed the dlc (the main mission at least), here's some notes:

-the dlc is a buggy mess. First, remember to save everytime youcan, because right after I got the first main mission, the game stopped saving. If you add the fact I got a crash, a bug in which I needed to push Triangle in order to proceed but the game wouldn't recognize my input, the situation in which you get stuck between soldiers and some element of the scenario (and you can't escape)...well, it was frustrating. I also triggered a bug in which, no matter what, during a specific stealth mission I got caught every single time in the same stop.
-if you only do the main mission, the dlc is around one hour long.
-the dlc is canon, as you will discover by playing it.

I don't like the fact the dlc is....too promotional toward AC. I mean, it's crystal clear here Ubi paid for it, because every two seconds one of the character says how wonderful is the AC franchise, it doesn't happen just in the beginning of the dlc. In MGSIV there was the option to use Altair's costume, and it was a very nice thing. In AC Revelation (I believe? Can't remember) you could use Raiden: that's a "right" promo in my opinion, promoting both franchises in a funny way. Here is just...too evident. Too evident Ubi used Final Fantasy as a way to promote their new game.

In the end the dlc is for sure much better than the Moogle festival, it's free, there's some story here, some new mechanics, and for the price of nothing I can't really argue. But man, this should be policed. In the final section of the dlc the framerate simply dies on vanilla PS4.

Played maingame after a long time
Zu hunt, was fun to get there but damn it reminded me what a mess combat was when fighting things like that
, then that chapter 13 v2 (was great, better than I expected) and awhile assassins creed festival.

Didn't finish it yet, but it was more fun than chocobo festival. Solid free content. What really suprised me was few clear fps dips, steady pro mode.

Since the dlc got me to pick up the game again...
Damn these dungeons are legit... Why werent these used for the story? I didn't do most of them before beating the game.
Well costlemark was shit...

And theres more dungeons within dungeons i think?
Only one left is pitioss.. Before i get the key...
Which ive heard is either really awful or really good.
Also managed to beat the weird omega looking demon that gives you the legendary daggers..that was hard as tits till I realized how op they made the ring, the high level holy(the one where noctis warps through the enemy and theres a explosion behind him) did 9999 damage.
Honestly theyve made you way too op with the dlc stuff. Those glauca armors absorb waaaaay too much damage for their recharge to be a problem. With that equipped, have the armiger ring on noctis, use a great sword, shuriken or daggers to charge armiger in seconds. Instantly use armiger chain, then spam the ultima warp spell thing over and over.
Its a tad jarring how i intentionally nerf myself and go with fun weapons instead of high power in most fights but those timed quests destroy my balls because everything even remotely powerful is blocked.

#bloggaf

Koozek

Since the dlc got me to pick up the game again...
Damn these dungeons are legit... Why werent these used for the story? I didn't do most of them before beating the game.
Well costlemark was shit...

And theres more dungeons within dungeons i think?
Which ive heard is either really awful or really good.
Also managed to beat the weird omega looking demon that gives you the legendary daggers..that was hard as tits till I realized how op they made the ring, the high level holy(the one where noctis warps through the enemy and theres a explosion behind him) did 9999 damage.
Honestly theyve made you way too op with the dlc stuff. Those glauca armors absorb waaaaay too much damage for their recharge to be a problem. With that equipped, have the armiger ring on noctis, use a great sword, shuriken or daggers to charge armiger in seconds. Instantly use armiger chain, then spam the ultima warp spell thing over and over.
Its a tad jarring how i intentionally nerf myself and go with fun weapons instead of high power in most fights but those timed quests destroy my balls because everything even remotely powerful is blocked.

#bloggaf
Yeah, loved the dungeons, especially finding them all randomly while exploring the world.

You're in for a ride with Pitioss :D Don't forget to instantly save when you beat it and got out of the dungeon!!! It doesn't autosave and crashing your flying car to get out of the area is a game over with 3-4 hours of progress lost. Happened to some people.

Munti

Ok I quite enjoyed it. They put in a lot details and the festival area is decorated very nice.

I really liked the gameplay and wish that some parts of it would also be in the main game. The last section was very cool.

Also:
yeah,
Ghallad was finally referenced for the first time in the game.
yeah,
Kingsglaive food
yeah,
Marlboro-chibi(?) appears first time in the game.
:p

You will either love it a lot (like me) or deeply despite it. Probably nothing inbetween :p. You will need a lot of patient. Good luck.

Top Bottom