• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Assassin's Festival DLC out (Assassin's Creed collaboration; free)

Ok I quite enjoyed it. They put in a lot details and the festival area is decorated very nice.

I really liked the gameplay and wish that some parts of it would also be in the main game. The last section was very cool.

Also:
yeah,
Ghallad was finally referenced for the first time in the game.
yeah,
Kingsglaive food
yeah,
Marlboro-chibi(?) appears first time in the game.
:p

You will either love it a lot (like me) or deeply despite it. Probably nothing inbetween :p. You will need a lot of patient. Good luck.

I know its mostly platforming... Im prepared.

Havent even begun the dlc properly but are there any rewards besides the photo frame and stuff that you get in the shop?

I heard you can get the black chocobo and a couple weapons as well..

Since the dlc got me to pick up the game again...
Damn these dungeons are legit... Why werent these used for the story? I didn't do most of them before beating the game.
Well costlemark was shit...

And theres more dungeons within dungeons i think?
Only one left is pitioss.. Before i get the key...
Which ive heard is either really awful or really good.
Also managed to beat the weird omega looking demon that gives you the legendary daggers..that was hard as tits till I realized how op they made the ring, the high level holy(the one where noctis warps through the enemy and theres a explosion behind him) did 9999 damage.
Honestly theyve made you way too op with the dlc stuff. Those glauca armors absorb waaaaay too much damage for their recharge to be a problem. With that equipped, have the armiger ring on noctis, use a great sword, shuriken or daggers to charge armiger in seconds. Instantly use armiger chain, then spam the ultima warp spell thing over and over.
Its a tad jarring how i intentionally nerf myself and go with fun weapons instead of high power in most fights but those timed quests destroy my balls because everything even remotely powerful is blocked.

#bloggaf

Sadly the dungeons within the dungeons are quite lame. They all use the same pallete, and structure. If they had just given them some visual variety they would have been great.

Yeah, loved the dungeons, especially finding them all randomly while exploring the world.

You're in for a ride with Pitioss :D Don't forget to instantly save when you beat it and got out of the dungeon!!! It doesn't autosave and crashing your flying car to get out of the area is a game over with 3-4 hours of progress lost. Happened to some people.

I save like a madman now... I think i lost 10ish hours of total progress cumulatively coz i didnt develop the habit of saving.
6 of which were just the arena. I farmed every unique item, twice. And i still dont have them lol.

Also after 70 hours, high mode all of a sudden looks worse than lite mode to me. Like the image is too soft. And i guess the lighting gets a bit more heavy.
On the bright side fps drops in lite mode dont bother me, maybe i have interpolation turned on... I dunno.

Side note, hdr effects of that norse dragons fire attacks are super pretty. Pretty sure that attack is the same as the water spray you got in the platinum demo. But with fire and bigger aoe

Sadly the dungeons within the dungeons are quite lame. They all use the same pallete, and structure. If they had just given them some visual variety they would have been great.

Damn... I thought theyd at least follow the template of their original dungeons

Koozek

Ok I quite enjoyed it. They put in a lot details and the festival area is decorated very nice.

I really liked the gameplay and wish that some parts of it would also be in the main game. The last section was very cool.

Also:
yeah,
Ghallad was finally referenced for the first time in the game.
yeah,
Kingsglaive food
yeah,
Marlboro-chibi(?) appears first time in the game.
:p

You will either love it a lot (like me) or deeply despite it. Probably nothing inbetween :p. You will need a lot of patient. Good luck.
What did they say about Ghallad? Missed that.

Munti

What did they say about Ghallad? Missed that.

If you go to the Square Enix Café, Prompto says something like
"yummi, food made in Ghalladian style (the food is what the kingsglaives ate in the movie)
. And some NPCs also comment with something like
"They have Ghallad food here"

Also I found the conversation between two childs quite nice, where the girl says that she is an assassine, whereas the boy then replies with "ok, then I play the beautiful princess that you have to rescue",

drabnon

Why is the same guy voicing all of the background characters and Loqi? You can't tell me a huge blockbuster game couldn't afford to hire more voice actors? Is this a problem in the Japanese voiceover as well?

This guy also voiced a bunch of random characters in the main game. It's kind of distracting.

Koozek

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Qdjwje2.gif[/IMG]
Source: [URL="https://twitter.com/shoya_0807/status/903917375086407681"]https://twitter.com/shoya_0807/status/903917375086407681[/URL]

Top Bottom