• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV May 24 update adds survey to title screen regarding future updates

Sciel

Maybe they are doing this because they are commited to the project? For you, it might be a turd but it was enjoyed and played by many and even on GAF, where the game gets a lot of hate for some reason, it was number 6 in GOTY list so yeh.. Updating the game and releasing new content ensures steady legs.
Eh, I'm not a fan of the game but if they want to do it and are committed to it then thats good on them. Its rare to get a dev supporting their game this long (whatever the reason it may be).

God the turn around from "a mostly good game with a poorly told story" to "obviously the worst thing ever" sure didn't take long for a lot of gaffers.

Also to those saying "why bother"... It couldn't have to do with the fact that they've still got at least 3 pieces of DLC they still have to deliver for people who bought the season pass could it? :p
Yeah, this is my line of thinking as well.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I honestly think you guys are waiting for nothing. The idea that "it's going to be a complete and perfect game eventually!" is just marketing hope that I don't see coming together at this point.

It's going to be the same flawed game with a few DLC-ish additions patched into it. You can play it now or you can play it later with some extra junk sprinkled on top. There will be no perfect XV worth waiting for.
I don't expect it to be perfect, but I almost always only play through a game once, so I may as well wait until it's as good as it's gonna get. If it was just extra content, I wouldn't mind, but they've been making QOL, gameplay improvements and even story changes which I'd want from the start.

MilkBeard

They are already working on a new IP alongside the FFXV updates and DLC. They don't need the full team for pre-production of the new game. FFXVI is done by another team at SE (possibly BD5, the FFXIV team).

Niiice, this costume will be available for anyone now:

DAevvuEXUAA4vqJ.jpg

Always wanted that one. Will be my first cosmetic DLC ever :D

Yep, I always wanted that one, and I think it will be the first (and last) cosmetic DLC I every buy.

I think most people understand that, they just want them to move on from the game.
Whatever few people / resources that are still being used to polish this turd could be better reallocated to their other projects?

Not really. Having some people stay on and create content isn't going to affect any major games that get released in the near future. BD2 is it's own division, and they have a new IP to work on, but they obviously haven't moved into full development yet. Also, there are many people who enjoy this game, although it may be hard to see if you only see the gaf posts on the main page about this game, where all the haters come and express their opinions of the game in droves. But I, like others who enjoyed the game, like to see new things in it. Who would have thought.

Mendrox

People still defend this piece of shit. Also the patches except for the added music were ass too. First DLC was just okay because of the soundtrack and price for it. Timed quests? lol Story pieces added? useless. Let the 70% of the staff rather take a long vacation than wasting time.

Like freaking clock work. Y'all sad

Forgetting all that what kinda feedback to give, hmm

Dq music added to the playlist
More outfits for my boy prompto
Add that off road car already!
I'm bad at these things idk what to add lol

Give me episode prompto

Exentryk

Keep up the good work, Tabata! Take another 2-3 years of updating XV. Do more surveys and noodle cup campaigns. Fans love it!
At least this way you are kept away from ruining other games.

MilkBeard

People still defend this piece of shit. Also the patches except for the added music were ass too. First DLC was just okay because of the soundtrack and price for it. Timed quests? lol Story pieces added? useless. Let the 70% of the staff rather take a long vacation than wasting time.

Simply because hyperbolic posters such as yourself come and 'talk smack' with inflated garbage posts like 'piece of shit' 'turd' etc., not to mention the drive-by posts just for a chuckle so they can share the negative hive-mind and look cool doing it. This shit really gets old. If these people would start talking like mature human beings then we would be able to have a better discussion.

In the opinion of a decent number of people, the game is pretty good (it's my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy, for example). I know some people don't like it, and that's cool. But the kind of posts we get here in FFXV threads are bottom of the barrel, worse than Youtube comments. So it just becomes a really sour experience when people behave in this manner. If you want to add to quality discussion, then that would help improve this situation.

In the worst way possible too.
Didn't like it = hater

It's not that people have to like it, it's the stupid drive-by posts that pile up in every FF XV thread. I usually stay away from these threads completely because I just get sick of seeing them. But sometimes it's time to confront it. If you don't like the game, that's fine, really. But popping into the thread to say some sarcastic quip about how the game is trash, long dev cycle, polishing a turd, etc. doesn't help anything and only makes the community vibe really toxic. It happens every thread, as if these people forget they already said it the last time an FF XV thread popped up.

All these people actually complaining about new content post-release? What? Wut?

How about you guys don't think you aren't the center of the universe? Mainly if you are only here to complain and don't even play the game anymore.

This entire situation is so bizarre. Makes me appreciate good ol' fashioned games like Persona 5 even more. Emphasis on the good.

Kouriozan

Even after the game's release, they still don't know what to do with it.
I remember they asked for feedback a lot with Episode Duscae too.

I plat-ed the game last year, it's tim eto move on, really.

Arkeband

Banned
S-E: do you want to off road in the car?"
Fans: uh I guess but why?
S-E: Please enjoy 'Stinky Tofu with a mellow flavor'
Fans: wtf?

All these people actually complaining about new content post-release? What? Wut?

"it's stupid and they could be fixing the base game but it's free, u ingrates! What other games release content after launch? [literally every modern game] you should be groveling at their feet!"

TuXx

More Luna scenes before Altissia?

Honestly, they need to just move on after episode Ignis.

Edit: more outfits would be nice too

I figured I would wait for all the updates before I did a replay / NG+ in the hopes they would beef up the narrative's delivery... but tbh, the only thing they could announce now for FFXV that would get any actual hype from me would be an Ignis cookbook.

Cikay

I was disappointed but overall I liked the game.

The more I see people hate it, the more I appreciate its qualities. Really, this game offers some things rarely or never seen in the J-RPG genre.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

How about you guys don't think you aren't the center of the universe? Mainly if you are only here to complain and don't even play the game anymore.

Can you really consider all of this new content? The game was released as an unfinished product and this is mainly evident in the story. This isn't updating the game post release with new content. This is them trying to finish the game to the best of their ability.

Can you really consider all of this new content? The game was released as an unfinished product and this is mainly evident in the story. This isn't updating the game post release with new content. This is them trying to finish the game to the best of their ability.

It was a finished game when I played it at launch. Anything added since is just gravy.

It's not that people have to like it, it's the stupid drive-by posts that pile up in every FF XV thread. I usually stay away from these threads completely because I just get sick of seeing them. But sometimes it's time to confront it. If you don't like the game, that's fine, really. But popping into the thread to say some sarcastic quip about how the game is trash, long dev cycle, polishing a turd, etc. doesn't help anything and only makes the community vibe really toxic. It happens every thread, as if these people forget they already said it the last time an FF XV thread popped up.

This is fair and in retrospect I probably am guilty of doing it myself.
It's just that ten years of anticipation ending with this subpar game really did hurt.
I imagine people will be bitter for a long time.

Ferr986

In the worst way possible too.
Didn't like it = hater

lmao look at this thread and tell me who's hating on something. Come on.

No. Only the Ch.13-2 was "finishing the game", these updates with new hunts and food and shit are just post release content. Shitty story is not going to be fixed.

Toth

The posts of this thread is precisely why I did not make the thread last night. Way too many misinformed people. The game has 3 DLC left to go. They are asking fans if there is anything else they want in the game alongside those DLC. It's really that simple.

Z3M0G

If they hope to extend the life of this game rather than give us a XV-2 and XV-3, I'm all for it. Give us true story expansions each year perhaps.

"That's it! I've come up with a new recipe."

One. More. Time.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of hearing that.

MilkBeard

This is fair and in retrospect I probably am guilty of doing it myself.
It's just that ten years of anticipation ending with this subpar game really did hurt.
I imagine people will be bitter for a long time.

Yes that is completely understandable. I wasn't waiting 10 years, only a few years back just before they revealed it to be FF XV. So in that sense, I don't feel that much pain of anticipation. If I was really attached to the Versus design, I might have been pissed.

Alexm92

I haven't played the game yet and I'm happy they keep updating it because I want it to be the best it can be by the time I get around to playing it.

People complaining about post launch support need to get a life. It has sold millions of units (over 6 million as of January) and was the fastest selling FF game ever. Of course they are going to support it as much as they can.

These are the threads that make me glad that GAF doesn't actually represent anything close to a cross-section of gamers across the spectrum. The negativity and cynicism in this thread is painful. FFXV is a solid game that millions have enjoyed, and honestly it's kinda sad how jaded most people on this forum have become.

These are the threads that make me glad that GAF doesn't actually represent anything close to a cross-section of gamers across the spectrum. The negativity and cynicism in this thread is painful. FFXV is a solid game that millions have enjoyed, and honestly it's kinda sad how jaded most people on this forum have become.

XV threads have been filled with constant shitposts (from the same people) for quite some time now but they're allowed to for some reason so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah...FFXV had its chance and they blew it. Just release the DLC chapters and move on.

The updates I'd like would require them to bring the voice actors back to record more cutscenes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The posts of this thread is precisely why I did not make the thread last night. Way too many misinformed people. The game has 3 DLC left to go. They are asking fans if there is anything else they want in the game alongside those DLC. It's really that simple.

Of course that's what they're asking. I'm wondering why the resources are not being used for the DLC instead of this venture....

A game can sell millions and still be technically bad. People also enjoy bad games. They are not correlative always.

Garlador

It was a finished game when I played it at launch. Anything added since is just gravy.

Eh, I'll disagree. It was certainly playable and had a beginning, middle, and end, but there were clearly missing gaps in the story, several features felt undercooked, and technical issues still persist in the game months and months and months after release.

It's a game that you could certainly play and enjoy, but one that felt like it needed quite a bit more time in the oven to iron out many glaring issues.

Top Bottom