• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Pro Patch Live Early?

Jinroh

In my opinion, unstable 40-60 FPS should be MUCH better than stable 30 in theory.
Not really. Coming from the PC world I find 30 fps dreadful, but at least you get used to a "good" 30 fps and tend not to pay attention after a few hours. But when the framerate constantly changes you don't get used to anything. If the game runs at 60 fps in a cave you'll be shocked once it goes down to 40 in a more demanding environment.

TheCed

If I complete the Cactuar Temporary quest and Start a New Game +, Will I be able to get the 333 AP bonus again ?

Well about the Timed Quest experience points... it says you will get 10.000 points but I have now done the quest several times and every time I get -in combination with the famous 100% exp lasagna- 100.000 experience points.

Maybe a bug but profit from it while you can!

Well about the Timed Quest experience points... it says you will get 10.000 points but I have now done the quest several times and every time I get -in combination with the famous 100% exp lasagna- 100.000 experience points.

I get 100k points without eating anything.

Enough with the fishing stuff in the booster pack/dlc. Was that last fishing quest that hard for people?

Nah, it's not a bug. Cactuars were great for early game experience. Naturally killing 100 of them would get you a good amount.

gfxtwin

They could've at least locked it at 40fps. I don't get why there seems to be an unspoken law that console framerates need to be only 30 or 60 or fuck off. 40fps is still noticeably smoother than 30!

I'm probably a plebian, but it really doesn't bother me. I'm fact, it seems fine to me? Growing up with NES slowdown has probably conditioned me to not care (and in fact see times when higher frame rates kick in as a fun bonus).

To be clear, a stable 60 fps would be ideal.

Caim

same here.
anyone know how to get tho booster pack stuff?
last one was automatically added.
i need dat ragnarok sword.

It's up on Australia PSN, so I'm guessing it will slowly open up for everyone else later.

Ragnarok has a 158 damage stat, but massive boost to warp strikes to make up for it.

I imagine that will help with AP farming a lot.

Patch just made the game disgusting, if you couldn't reach 60 just don't do it. Instead use the extra pro resources for a lock experience and graphical upgrades.. and give the HQ mode the uncapped mess.

Eusis

No, the game is already Pro patched.

Why aren't people getting this? Boost Mode only affects non-Pro enabled titles.
It probably would help if we also had a "don't run in Pro mode" switch as people suggested, but I'm pessimistic we'll see that.

But we're seeing Boost mode and I thought the potential QA reasons would've made Sony back away even if they were fringe, but then they've had features with issues for the fringe that nevertheless weren't game breakers for them. And anyways that's exactly why it's a switch, "just in case."

Is there anything in the works for PS4 that also improves frame times or whatever it's called ? I know on PC you have that RivaTuner thing and when I played MGSV PC that made a significant difference. Is there a way to bring that tech to consoles?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Because nobody outside GAF cares about it, the even if they are aware of it post people can't even notice the difference.

This isn't remotely true.

It's incredibly noticeable in FFXV. People may not know the technical term but they see it happening.

reKon

Banned
I honestly didn't think the patch is that bad on lite mode. But then again I'm just not as picky about shit. Yes, 60 FPS would be excellent. But by no means is the variance game breaking. I was able to play through Infamous SS back then before the Pro game out on an unlocked frame rate. THAT game was even more jarring in terms of the difference in unlock FPS at times. Still enjoyed it at a lot.

Poppyseed

They could've at least locked it at 40fps. I don't get why there seems to be an unspoken law that console framerates need to be only 30 or 60 or fuck off. 40fps is still noticeably smoother than 30!

It's not an unspoken law. I suggest you read up about why frame rates really do need to be 30 or 60fps for most displays (Hint: it needs to be a number that goes into 60, the usual number of hertz a regular monitor/tv has). If monitors were e.g. 80hz, then a frame rate of 40fps would be great, as well as 80fps would be even better. But 40fps on a 60fps monitor is just awful.

gfxtwin

It's not an unspoken law. I suggest you read up about why frame rates really do need to be 30 or 60fps for most displays (Hint: it needs to be a number that goes into 60, the usual number of hertz a regular monitor/tv has). If monitors were e.g. 80hz, then a frame rate of 40fps would be great, as well as 80fps would be even better. But 40fps on a 60fps monitor is just awful.

I looked into it, yeah it sucks if you have a TV that only does 30hz or 60hz or something. I guess those are still common? Somehow I lucked out when I bought one of the cheapest 40-inch 1080p TVs I could find and it displays the game at 40-45 fps. It looks smooth. MUCH better than the somewhat choppy 30fps it was previously. If they revert back to only 30fps I hope they still have uncapped framerate as an option.

dmix90

Wow. What a shitty patch.

I don't know exact terms of what's wrong with animations in unlocked framerate mode but they are broken. I haven't messed with animation much but it looks like they had keyframes setup for 30fps and when framerate is unlocked instead of smooth interpolation they just playback these animation at 1.5-2x speed lol. It boggles my mind how stuff like this gets released.

Tyaren

So, are you guys actively sending complaints to SE about that?
I'm not using Lite mode, because the framepacing issues in HQ mode don't bother me at all, but yesterday I tried out the new Lite mode to see what the fuss was about and it was...jarring. x__X I felt like the character animations also were weirdly sped up sometimes then slowed down to normal again. It was rather uncomfortable to watch and play.

MadFerIt

Glad I finished FFXV before the Pro patch.. I thought the judder was bad enough with the lesser frametiming issues with the lite mode, now it's completely off the rails.

I've played plenty of games with variable unlocked framerates around 40-50fps and they were nowhere near as bad as this game, SquareEnix needs to fix the frame timing issues bigtime, completely unacceptable.

dmix90

Well i am personally not using any social media outside of gaf so i try to bump threads like this when needed :)
Surprised DF not mentioned broken animations in their video.....also not that many users here complain about them. Not sure how anyone can not notice these issues honestly.

Blizzje

As vocal as some of us are about the framepacing (in high mode), if you look at twitter there are precious few tweets sent to Square Enix about the framepacing. At this point, they may not even know that we want them to fix it.

Top Bottom