• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Forms of the Alola Starter Pokemon Leaked [MASSIVE SPOILERS]

Which is the coolest?

Results are only viewable after voting.

L Thammy

At this point GF is like the opposite side of the same coin. You get uninspired typical fan art evos, other end you get uninspired 5 year old super hero crap. It started going to hell 3rd gen with Blaziken leading the path way to hell.

I'm legit surprised they were able to produce Greninja. Especially after the disasters from gen 5.

Blaziken actually looks less like a superhero than the animal it's based off of, the Shamo chicken.

2-shamo-chickenpjbzj.jpg

Neiteio

Uh yeah there's no way I'm getting off this Rowlet train now

Fire fighting haters am cry
1) Fire/Fighting is probably the best typing of the lot, competitively

2) He's probably not Fighting, anyways — everything from his basis on "heels" like Tiger Mask to the concept art's description of his personality suggest he's Dark.

At any rate, my favorite is actually Popplio's evo. I plan to use all three on the same team, though!

silva1991

This. It's just such a shitty and obnoxious design. Why is Game Freak so against a fire cat that stays on four legs? It doesn't matter if its technically not fire fighting, it still has the same design philosophy as the 3 fire fighters that came before it.

To me it seems like Game Freak can't handle many Pokemon being legitimately cool, they need to have some silly element added to them to make them comedic to balance the cool factor, and I'm kinda sick of it. Like most of the Gen 4 kanto evos, and most of the dragons being fat.

What's so wrong with a something like this? I get that it's pretty edgy, so tone that down a bit. But a fire saber tooth tiger is a million times cooler than some stupid joke wrestler evo.

Wow this is perfect

Nintendo should hire whoever designed those he is actually good at this.

Sami+

Final Litten form looks fucking horrible and there hasn't been a not horrendously ugly fire starter since my favorite - Infernape.

The other two are dope as hell tho, I'm picking Popplio.

Unicorn

I like Venusaur, but he's probably the most overdesigned starter evo in the entire series.
Nah, his base form doesn't change. His focal point, the flower, blooms through the forms. Emboar is overly designed with flourishes like embroidery on clothing.

Also lol at using Green sprites.
venusaur-color.png

First set of starters had strong dinosaur influences. Each representing a solid archetype of dinosaur

I'm glad to see that the Grass starter is the favorite. It's the first time besides gen 5 I think, but honestly it only won because it went up against not good Water and Fire starters.

Also, I'm definitely thinking that they are going to go with Fire/Dark, what with the heel thing. The only thing I don't like about its final form is that they look like sausages.

And finally, I like the Water final stage except for the fact that it will become the rule 34 darling. :[

Galang

Banned
I'm actually thinking this is one of the top 3 set of final starter evolutions. X/Y and Black/White had mostly atrocious final evos... Delphox was sooo disappointing especially considering Braixen was so cool too. They really dropped the ball for the past decade. This is all a pleasant surprise. Never been a grass fan, but rowlets final evolution is literally perfect! My favorite final evo since empoleon

Makonero

Nah, his base form doesn't change. His focal point, the flower, blooms through the forms. Emboar is overly designed with flourishes like embroidery on clothing.

Also lol at using Green sprites.
venusaur-color.png

First set of starters had strong dinosaur influences. Each representing a solid archetype of dinosaur

Still ugly and a toad.

The fact that all three original starters are reptiles/amphibians is weird as heck.

Puruzi

Banned
Just wanna say that if any Pokemon "looks like a digimon" (lol) it's Blastoise considering that it literally grows fucking cannons.

Daingurse

I'm actually thinking this is one of the top 3 set of final starter evolutions. X/Y and Black/White had mostly atrocious final evos... Delphox was sooo disappointing especially considering Braixen was so cool too.

I liked Delphox. Named mine after Rita Repulsa.

Gamefreak, please make Litten's final evo Fire/Fighting. It would please me.

Neiteio

That's overdeigned? Just a Dino with a plant on it's back right?
A dinosaur with a swollen misshapen body full of irregular bumps and boils, and an overcomplicated plant design with multiple layers and small accents.

So yes, overdesigned. One of my all-time favorite Pokemon, but overdesigned. The point is, I see no harm in the new starter evos. They have a lot going on, but it works.

Rowlet's final is creative and nicely designed, the other two not so much. On the upside, Popplio's final is a lot better than if one of the Digimon designers attempted it. >_>

I like Venusaur, but he's probably the most overdesigned starter evo in the entire series.

Overdesigned? I think that honor goes to Emboar.

I got a soft spot for Bulbasaur line because even though it didn't have as cool of a final form as Squirtle and Charmander, it arguably was still the best competitively of the trio, at least until GF made Mega Charizard X so damn OP.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Is everyone's problem with Popplio's evo the "girly" factor in the design, or is there something I am missing?

yeah, besides some people not liking that it looks "girly" I dont see why its so heinous, like not even dislike, but straight up loathe

Okay wait hold up, Y'all shitting on Tiger Mask like its garbage.

Tiger Mask is not garbage.

As much as y'all haaaattteee fire/fighting, a lot of y'all pretty sure T. Mask is F/F

He's Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground, he's a wrestler.

Owlet is more dope, but Tiger Mask is not garbage.

Popplio got the L

AfroDust

There are definitely alot of overdesigned Pokemon, especially in later gens, but Venusaur is not among them. He's literally just a basic reptilian creature with a tree on his back and some spots.

Hmmm it's a bit disappointing what the fire starters have become. The first Three gens were great, but now I dislike the ones that follow. Since then I've been going water, but it looks like I finally might pick a grass starter.

I do have more of a simplistic taste so even then, Rowlet isn't extactly appealing to me.

Doesn't matter, I'm liking a lot of what I'm seeing in this game. I'll drop the starter if I can find better Pokemons

Neiteio

There are definitely alot of overdesigned Pokemon, especially in later gens, but Venusaur is not among them. He's literally just a basic reptilian creature with a tree on his back and some spots.
I'd bet money the average person couldn't look at the plant on its back and then draw it accurately without referencing it. Venusaur is unusually complicated in its design, by any gen's standard. So many frills and lines and other details both on its bumpy skin and the construction of the plant itself.

I'd bet money the average person couldn't look at the plant on its back and then draw it accurately without referencing it. Venusaur is unusually complicated in its design, by any gen's standard. So many frills and lines and other details both on its bumpy skin and the construction of the plant itself.

The average person would be unable to replicate any Pokemon save for Voltorb.

Top Bottom