• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Find your oldest gaming purchase receipt

Damn, seeing this thread makes me wish I kept my older receipts, I always keep them in the game boxes at least now every time I buy a new game.

I still have the reciept for my Commodore 64.
C64, datasette and joystick purchased (by my parrents) on April 24 - 1987 for 2375 SEK. The joystick was a Suncom Starfighter and about a year later the stick broke, but as you can see I got a new joystick on the warranty.
4jnDDom.jpg

I also had the C64 in for repair in July 1993 (it was the CIA chip)
7mlDmtn.jpg

Here is the recipt when I bought my Playstation in December 1998. It's chipped of course so I could play imports like Brave Fencer Musashi on that other recipt (also wanted Xenogears but they didn't have that in at the time so I had to get it later).
1zFh9Xj.jpg

Mr Git

I still have a receipt for DKC3 on the SNES somewhere, rediscovered it a couple of years ago. It was so faded though barely legible. I'll see if I can find where I put it.

Chinbo37

I sold my mint in box Ocarina of Time with the gold cart last year.

I included my Best Buy pre order receipt from 1998 or whenever it was exactly.

Was fun to find that.

N.Grim

I have one for the original gameboy but I can't remember the exact year, it could be from 1989, I can't check now
Not really mine because it came whit a Gameboy that I bought a few years ago

AmyS

I still have the reciept for my Commodore 64.
C64, datasette and joystick purchased (by my parrents) on April 24 - 1987 for 2375 SEK. The joystick was a Suncom Starfighter and about a year later the stick broke, but as you can see I got a new joystick on the warranty.
4jnDDom.jpg

Whoa, you got me beat!

Rookhelm

I know exactly where my PS2 receipt is....if I could find the PS2 (the receipt is inside, in the empty hard drive bay).

I used to keep receipts of Master System games in the cases, same with PS2 games.
So I'd say I have something from pre 2000 definitely, just not to hand, as the Master System games are packed away.

I definitely have a load of receipts from 2002-2009 in PS2 cases though.

JRW

Dreamcast console still works fine today and is an original model purchased on launch day.

Fjk9cfR.jpg

Neat thread!

I'm going to look through my boxes of random gaming junk in storage because of this thread. I know I had a receipt from Grand Central department store for a set of bargain bin Atari computer and 2600 cartridges from mid-1984 as well as a receipt for Karateka for the Apple ][ from later that year from a local bookstore that sold computers and software.

jbueno

Those are the two oldest ones that are within reach so 2001 I guess. Keep a bunch of older stuff back at my parents in storage, might have older stuff there. Lost a a few of mid to late 90s N64 stuff to a flood.

arigato

Man, I remember the days of cartridge games being $70+. I remember cajoling my parents into buying me shadows of the empire for the 64. That game was stupidly expensive at that point.
Yeah, sad thing about nowadays is the high possibility of getting hustled with a repro instead of an authentic cartridge.

CCpvPYx.png

Looks like I have the oldest receipt with the actual game name listed!

My Dad is looking to see if he can find my receipt for my Nes console and other games. He's been saving receipts since the early 80's lol.

AmyS

CCpvPYx.png

Looks like I have the oldest receipt with the actual game name listed!

My Dad is looking to see if he can find my receipt for my Nes console and other games. He's been saving receipts since the early 80's lol.

That's a great one, awesome!

Love this thread.

I miss Babbage's :(

ghibli99

Does our family's Apple IIe receipt from 1984 count? I primarily played games on it. :)

odgCu.jpg

Edit: The disk drive & controller cost still blows me away.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Does our family's Apple IIe receipt from 1984 count? I primarily played games on it. :)

odgCu.jpg

Edit: The disk drive & controller cost still blows me away.

I'm trying to understand why some of that receipt is blurred out. None of it looks like it would be personal info...

April 17, 1990.

azGsJCp.jpg

(my actual receipt)

Item name not printed on the Toys 'R Us receipt, but this was for Phantasy Star II on Genesis (that's the $79.99) with $62 store credit for an exchange. Payed the balance in cash.

Now below is a screen capture from Youtube of the video game isle at a TRU in 1990 that someone uploaded. As you can plainly see, Phantasy Star II did indeed retail for $79.99 in the U.S.

BIWafRm.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96wWKzkp4s

Very impressive. It's still readable also, wow.

These are the oldest gaming related receipts I was able to find, both from 2008. MGSIV and another one for a PS3 wireless keyboard for that in-game chat.

0BakKcA.jpg

Top Bottom