• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Finished] Heavyweight Champion Andy Ruiz vs. Anthony Joshua 2

Who's your pick to win the rematch?

• Andy Ruiz (Decision)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy Ruiz (KO or TKO)

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Anthony Joshua (Decision)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Anthony Joshua (KO or TKO)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ornlu

Banned
I dunno if there's really much to do; Ruiz is too immobile to keep up with the bicycle. Any time he gets in close joshua can just do a bitchmode clinch and the ref just instantly separate them. So it's either lose slowly or get a DQ

MastAndo

Joshua smartened up and went back to what worked early, after getting a bit sloppy in the mid rounds. Good for him - really, not the most exciting thing in the world, but this was basically a perfectly executed fight against an opponent like Ruiz.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
And Joshua wins!! Fuck Ruiz, boring piece of shit. How’s he even the champion for fuck sake!

The commentators mentioned that he showed up two months late to his training camp and gained 15 lbs since the first fight. If true, that says a lot about Ruiz and his motivation for this rematch (just a payday).

Mista

Banned
The commentators mentioned that he showed up two months late to his training camp and gained 15 lbs since the first fight. If true, that says a lot about Ruiz and his motivation for this rematch (just a payday).
Thats why I said he's a piece of shit. He isn't even worthy of being in a championship game
Now its back to where it belongs!

Ornlu

Banned
And Joshua wins!! Fuck Ruiz, boring piece of shit. How’s he even the champion for fuck sake!

I'm one of those damned "Just Bleed" MMA guys; I love it when you get 2 fighters sitting in the pocket. Fights like this where the winner wins via bicycle just aren't my thing.

To be fair, though, Ruiz has no business being the size he is as a professional boxer. He shouldn't even be near contender status if heavyweight wasn't what it is.

Mista

Banned
I'm one of those damned "Just Bleed" MMA guys; I love it when you get 2 fighters sitting in the pocket. Fights like this where the winner wins via bicycle just aren't my thing.

To be fair, though, Ruiz has no business being the size he is as a professional boxer. He shouldn't even be near contender status if heavyweight wasn't what it is.
Used to watch UFC but got very bored. AJ was more fit and landed more hits. That piece of shit kept on standing like if he's on a vacation

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The only time it's okay to have some bear pounds is in MMA or pure grappling in a heavyweight/absolute weight division. Weight, not just strength and power, can be used to your advantage in grappling scenarios. In pure striking, though, it's mainly a hindrance to be carrying extra fat.

Ornlu

Banned
Used to watch UFC but got very bored. AJ was more fit and landed more hits. That piece of shit kept on standing like if he's on a vacation

:lollipop_fearful: I genuinely don't know how an MMA fight could be boring, beyond a positional wrestling clinic. There's always a threat; no style is safe.

Anyway, back to this fight: Joshua had no business at all losing that first fight!

Mista

Banned
:lollipop_fearful: I genuinely don't know how an MMA fight could be boring, beyond a positional wrestling clinic. There's always a threat; no style is safe.

Anyway, back to this fight: Joshua had no business at all losing that first fight!
It was fun for me until all the fighters I liked just got done.

Like I said a couple of posts before, Ruiz doesn't deserve to compete in a championship match let alone be a champion

AJ took him easy first fight and he paid the price. Came back strong and retained whats his

Now they're shouting match 3 in the arena and I honestly don't want this to happen

Jashua looked great. He looks like a boxer designed by God. Ruiz is a complete disgrace lol. I don't think anyone wants to see a "third trilogy". There are much better fights to be made.

Ornlu

Banned
It was fun for me until all the fighters I liked just got done.

Like I said a couple of posts before, Ruiz doesn't deserve to compete in a championship match let alone be a champion

AJ took him easy first fight and he paid the price. Came back strong and retained whats his

Now they're shouting match 3 in the arena and I honestly don't want this to happen

100% agree. No way does this deserve a trilogy. Joshua can move on to getting his head ripped off by Wilder whenever that fight finallty gets made.

Shirley, you can't be serious. Watch Wonderboy vs Woodley 2 if you need a cure for insomnia.

Ornlu

Banned
Shirley, you can't be serious. Watch Wonderboy vs Woodley 2 if you need a cure for insomnia.

Could be true; I can't stand Woodley so I haven't watched him fight since Marquardt bounced his head off of the cage years ago.

I guess Slice/Alexander could count as a boring striking fight, beside the comedy angle. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

mekes

Joshua fought smart. It wasn’t the most exciting fight but that’s also on Ruiz who didn’t do a damn thing about it. AJ fought to win the rounds whilst keeping Ruiz out. Reminded me of watching a GSP fight.

He still needs to fight Fury or Wilder for me to have a concrete interest in him. 2 fights against Ruiz have hurt his stock and I see Fury and Wilder as the A-game in the heavyweight division by a margin now. I actually think either would convincingly beat him. Especially Fury, it would be a schooling.

bronk

Banned
Damnit Ruiz my Mexican brother..... Rolling into the fight as a fat bastard and fucking off camp. You ain't on that champ shit. Kick rocks.

S8m6L34.jpg

Mista

Banned
Damnit Ruiz my Mexican brother..... Rolling into the fight as a fat bastard and fucking off camp. You ain't on that champ shit. Kick rocks.

S8m6L34.jpg
I don’t mind you slacking if you’re destroying everyone in every fight like Wilder for example. But in Ruiz case? This is your first time being a champion and definitely the last time. Should’ve worked harder and even if he did, he’s not going to win.

GymWolf

Gold Member
joshua is gonna fight like a dancing jab bitch with wilder too?

he doesn't have the range advantage against him...

Top Bottom