• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem 25th anniversary concert announced

Chrom

FE is still a Nintendo IP and I am pretty sure IS would have to asked Nintendo before greenlight a concert.

You are entirely correct, but that is my point. It is important to keep in mind that this concert is a production that is being pushed by a company not named Nintendo. It's not Intelligent Systems's business that Nintendo didn't do anything for Metroid.

Well, IS isn't going to fund a Metroid anniversary event, are they?

You are entirely correct, but that is my point. It is important to keep in mind that this concert is a production that is being pushed by a company not named Nintendo. It's not Intelligent Systems's business that Nintendo didn't do anything for Metroid.

*facepalm* Sorry my reading comprehension failed again...

Chrom

*facepalm* Sorry my reading comprehension failed again...

Hey, no worries. I'm just glad we were able to get on the same page.

But yeah, contrary to popular belief, Fire Emblem being co-owned by Intelligent Systems means it's much more feasible for awesome stuff like this to happen. As a fan of the series, I feel very fortunate.

Chrom

Why wouldn't it go international?

I think it's not very likely that this concert will go international largely because the 25th anniversary only really pertains to the Japanese demographic. It just doesn't seem realistic to me that Intelligent Systems would sponsor Fire Emblem 25th anniversary concerts in other places such as North America and Europe.

On the bright side, I am willing to bet that fans outside of Japan will be able experience this concert in some fashion without having to go there live. A stream, music CD, or whatever else feels like they could be in the cards. Let's hope for the best!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why wouldn't it go international?
Despite Awakening doing surprisingly well, Fire Emblem doesn't have the long-term cultural cache here some like Zelda does. Zelda is a way bigger deal outside Japan, but most of Fire Emblem's games didn't see worldwide release.

Sölf

Online ticket and stream please.

Woah. Has FE ever had a concert before? The soundtracks for the series have been spectacular.
It has had songs performed by an orchestra if that counts?

Two tracks in the Game Music Concert series (why did this series die? where else am I going to find orchestral Stunt Race FX music? Super Smash Bros 5?):
Game Music Concert 3 - Track 3 (Fire Emblem 3 actually, Awkening players will reconise this because "You have power... like mine" is an arranged version)
Game Music Concert 5 - Track 4 (actually Fire Emblem 4 a mix of the FE main theme, the final chapter theme and the ending)

The credits to Fire Emblem ~Character Theme Collection~ say it was formed by the HAYASHI ORCHESTRA but then at the same time also list Synthesizers & Computer Programming...

Third-Drifter

Neo Member
Oh man hopefully we can watch this in some way or the performance is recorded and released.

Really long shot is that the concert is played outside of Japan.

Awakening had an excellent soundtrack, but I thought PoR/RD OSTs' were something else. I would really like to a live version of

Ike's Resolution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2XFM-tyAPw

and each opening theme

PoR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmjFaThkqaA

RD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lc9M3KLyZk

Regardless of which FE OST the concert draws from, the music is really suited for an orchestrated performance.

Golnei

In regards to distribution, while the best case scenario would obviously be a full release, at least there's precedent for an official stream (Smash Bros. Big Band, Symphony of the Goddesses' Japanese tour). Interested to see if they might try to organise something like the Zelda 25th anniversary, with the concert recording bundled with first print copies of FE14 - though they could of course forgo a recording entirely...

The credits to Fire Emblem ~Character Theme Collection~ say it was formed by the HAYASHI ORCHESTRA but then at the same time also list Synthesizers & Computer Programming...

Since it was a small ensemble, I'm guessing that the credited strings and wind instruments were live and the rest was synth. I'd be surprised if it was all synthesised, considering it came out in 1990 and sounded like this.

Also, don't dismiss Mario Kart for new arrangements of retro game music - if the Excitebike cover is any indication, something from Stunt Race FX is reasonably plausible...

So many good songs in this series. I especially hope that at some point in the concert, they take the time to hit at least a couple songs from Geneology of the Holy War and Thracia 776. So many amazing tracks from there that would sound great in a concert setting.

Uprising in Augustria

Man, I would love it if they did "Uprising/Disturbance in Augustria". It's pretty much my favorite track in the series, even if there are other tracks that I think are better.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sölf;152272118 said:

I'm excited for this but then I get lukewarm because I know Tsujiyoko's stuff is going to dominate this concert (and it should). But I think Fire Emblem scores have been so much better after she gave up the reigns.

I really hope they release a CD of this, I have always wanted a full orchestration of Fire Emblem music. I saw the Zelda Symphony live when they started season 2 and debuted the Majora's mask movement. That concert never got a full cd release did it?

Top Bottom