• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT2| PAL reinforcements

ohlawd

Absolutely.

Cordelia is a fucking beast. Lvl 1 Hero with lvl 25 stats all around. This isn't even my final form.

lol just remembered that Beyonce thread.

Cordelia/Lissa/Maribelle are the strongest first gen chars along with the avatar and Chrom. Lissa/Maribelle have access to sage class with tomefaire/galeforce/dual support+/

Lissa and Maribelle are so great. Good pair ups as Dark Fliers for magic Owain and Brady.

If you train Donny enough to reclass him he becomes a death machine much better than Fred tbh.

Are you pairing everyone up? Because that helps a lot.

What happens specifically when you pair up characters? I put Donny and Fred together the first time without much of an idea what was going on. He did a smidge more damage and I was getting Fred's movement. What else happens?

Anteo

But when he wakes up, he god damn wakes up

He soloed the endgame on my first playthrough. While I had to use strategy with everyone else so they can survive, I just send him directly to the boss to tank like 20 units. By the time everyone else made it there, the boss was on his last breath.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Cordelia/Lissa/Maribelle are the strongest first gen chars along with the avatar and Chrom. Lissa/Maribelle have access to sage class with tomefaire/galeforce/dual support+/

Those three along with Chrom, Avatar, and Sumia (for pair up bonuses with Chrom and Galeforce) are the only first gen characters always on my team.

ohlawd

Where's that God Donnel image edit when one needs it

Got your back.

0jBw1vt.jpg

Jintor

Apparently I need to lvl Lissa and Mirabelle like crazy and then reclass to dark flier (and then re-reclass back to sage or whatevs)

What happens specifically when you pair up characters? I put Donny and Fred together the first time without much of an idea what was going on. He did a smidge more damage and I was getting Fred's movement. What else happens?

Build support, stat boosts, and a chance of the paired unit jumping in to attack or block for zero damage (which looks hilarious when it's a flying unit blocking an arrow personally). Honestly if you're not pairing your characters you're making things more difficult for yourself than they would be otherwise.

Got your back.

0jBw1vt.jpg

Thank you.

BowieZ

Banned
No wonder Donny is a beast. He is an Adonis under those clothes! Dat Fighter class outfit!

PS I hope Donny is over 18

ohlawd

Dark fliers can't use staves though? I still need mah healers and I won't always have Miriel on hand

Then keep 'em as Falcon Knights (no pls don't) or Sage.

This is just optimization shiet since Dark Fliers give the best combo of Magic and Speed when acting as the support for paired up units.

Anteo

"Well, I used to be painfully lonely and in love with a man I could not have. I even dreamt of death... But I found another man who sustains me and a daughter I can be proud of. So trust me—no matter how dark things seem, you will always pull through it."

Hmmm

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Was going to shack Gaius up with Coredlia, but could probably be persuaded otherwise - didn't really feel their A support very much

In that case, who gets the hand of my godwaifu? I already did the canon thing and married MC to Lissa

You already messed up the canon. Lon'qu or Stahl are acceptable.

Anteo

Haha, sounds fun. I really need to grind his supports. On my first playthrough I paired him with Panne with my logic being "you were raised by beasts, she's a beast, therefore you two are perfect for each other now start making babies."

Sumia: "B-but the jeweler might think I'm a pathetic spinster buying her own ring!"
Henry: "Oh, yeah. He definitely thinks that."

Maaaaaaaaaaaan i regret not marrying Tharja and MC :/

Lissa is great and all but... man

Lissa is great, just not for MU

The exact same as male MU.

Lissa is great, just not for MU

Yeah, I have to agree there, specially considering her role as healer. If you're offensive with MU she won't really get to heal people, and if you heal with her that's one turn the MU's not murdering everything.

OceanBlue

Yeah, I have to agree there, specially considering her role as healer. If you're offensive with MU she won't really get to heal people, and if you heal with her that's one turn the MU's not murdering everything.

Make her a sage. :)

Now that I think about it, I made both of my healers (Lissa and Maribelle) my magic users, so I don't really know what Ricken's, Tharja's, and Miriel's caps are.

Edit: Miriel's offensive caps are slightly better, but not so much that it'd really make a difference. If anything, Ricken having access to Cavalier would probably make him the strongest. My Lissa and Maribelle are severely lacking in combat-activated skills.

Jintor

Lissa and Mirabelle getting a lot more play now that I don't have to babysit them as much

Still gotta keep em out of the way on story maps though. Fucking reinforcements

Make her a sage. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, she's a murder machine perfectly capable of defending herself, my "problem" with her is that she kinda steals the turn of whoever she's paired with in a way. I pair her up with Owain because of the support boost + it makes Levin Sword with him actually worth a damn, but most of the time he gets stuck as the second character rather than leading.

OceanBlue

Lissa/Maribelle's strengths lie in pairing up well with their magic-oriented sons and abusing Galeforce.

Lissa and Maribelle's strength is that they're adorable. :p

But yeah, it's definitely helpful that both of them can get Galeforce. Being able to take out Wvyren Lords and Generals and healing the team at the same time is really useful.

Oh don't get me wrong, she's a murder machine perfectly capable of defending herself, my "problem" with her is that she kinda steals the turn of whoever she's paired with in a way. I pair her up with Owain because of the support boost + it makes Levin Sword with him actually worth a damn, but most of the time he gets stuck as the second character rather than leading.
To be honest, I completely forgot about Pair Up. I don't use it, even though I probably should. Having virtually 24+ units because of Galeforce is too much fun. :D

ohlawd

Lissa and Maribelle's strength is that they're adorable. :p

But yeah, it's definitely helpful that both of them can get Galeforce. Being able to take out Wvyren Lords and Generals and healing the team at the same time is really useful.

Lissa? Adorable? Yes.
Maribelle? Adorable? N-... yes.

I love Maribelle. Love them princess types. Can't hate on that hard work and drill hair.

Top Bottom