• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

You weren't kidding about Japan going super casual btw, Everything in that poll supports that.

Japan is more casual, Final Fantasy Type-0/Episode Duscae feedback made that clear.

On the plus side, most people didn't bother with Phoenix mode!

also, difficulty selection:
Normal/Phoenix-10%
Normal/Casual-37%
Normal/Classic-28%

Hard/Casual-6%
Hard/Classic-17%

Lunatic/Casual-<1% (lol)
Lunatic/Classic-2%

personally I feel like casual should be the normal-mode-only option, so I bolded the ones that would be gone if I had my way (although I kinda doubt the hard/lunatic casual players would actually walk away if they weren't there)

edit: hey guys, us Classic players are the 47%! Kappa

Nintendo dream had a couple of polls (I think I Don't read moon language I just wanted the lucina card) in their latest mag with Elise and Leon doing very well as well.

you wanna tell us the result of those polls too? :p

The one that came out a couple of weeks ago, the October issue. I think Dengeki Nintendo is coming out with a a Cipher card in their next issue as well.

oh huh, let me check into that too lol

also, good to hear Japan isn't too casual to use phoenix mode

oh and past the top 10 results weren't shown so no idea how depressingly low hinoka and sakura are in the rankings

Draxal

Hard/Casual for life.

In gave saves are such a cheat mode, but man some of these stages get so long that I need them.

Hard/Casual for life.

In gave saves are such a cheat mode, but man some of these stages get so long that I need them.

If I had my way battle saves would be across all difficulties too :p

(honestly, if classic had battle saves, I wonder how much casual mode would drop, it feels like that's one of the bigger hangups with it)

edit: wait Camilla wasn't even top 5 for the marriage part there

to quote Leffen, "rofl kek lmao"

Draxal

(honestly, if classic had battle saves, I wonder how much casual mode would drop, it feels like that's one of the bigger hangups with it)

I honestly consider battle saves to be a much bigger cheat than non permadeath myself.

Draxal

edit: wait Camilla wasn't even top 5 for the marriage part there

to quote Leffen, "rofl kek lmao"

It kinda makes sense. You get married to Azura/Felicia/Joker by they time you even get her. And the fangirls love the Nohr Royal Bros. They made Cipher Female Kamui Nohrian for a reason.

edit. My favorite comments.

-Like a Holy Mother, loved her at first glance (F/20s)
-Love her voice (M/40s) (Me too, her voice actress has so much fun playing her).
-Her singing really helped me (M/30s)
-Awaking Wonder!!! (M/Teens)

-I had the impression it was a &#8220;difficult game,&#8221; but that changed. I intend to challenge myself and play the other games in the series (F/20s)

It kinda makes sense. You get married to Azura/Felicia/Joker by they time you even get her.

edit. My favorite comments.

-Like a Holy Mother, loved her at first glance (F/20s)
-Love her voice (M/40s) (Me too, her voice actress has so much fun playing her).
-Her singing really helped me (M/30s)
-Awaking Wonder!!! (M/Teens)

I dunno, Leon/Marx didn't exactly give a fuck about later jointime considering they made the top 5

also

I hope they put effort into the stories for FE from now on!

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not

edit: oh I realized what else was bugging me, they didn't ask about actually finishing the game, I wanted to how many people actually finished the story and (as a bonus, I wouldn't expect this though) crosstabs on what difficulty and route was chosen (i.e. do classic players have higher completion rate than casual, Birthright vs Conquest vs Invisible Kingdom rates, etc.)

Draxal

I dunno, Leon/Marx didn't exactly give a fuck about later jointime considering they made the top 5

also

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not

You got me before the edit!. Game also force feeds Azura down a male Kamui's throat btw.

Don't think its sarcastic, don't think many were happy with the story overall but liked the characters (kinda like awakening)

Draxal

seeing everyone loving Holy Bowman is pretty great

and Astra being everyone's favorite skill feels pretty expected lol

Maids and butlers being 3-4 is so lol. Esp since Felicia turns out to be awful in both of my playthroughs.

edit.

New Cipher sleeves are up for preorder on AmiAmi.

Draxal

COly6ARVAAABH_A.jpg

COly64GU8AAS03d.jpg

Art is sweet.

The art is indeed amazing.

just because:

Takumi-493, Leon-475 (18 points)
Marx-396, Ryoma-195 (201 points)
Camilla-285, Hinoka-<176 (dunno if results past #10 are displayed) (109+ points)
Elise-246, Sakura-<176 (see Hinoka) (70+ points)

I can't believe Leon lost; he's my favourite. :( Good to see that Nohr fam is still the best fam, tho.

Anyway, judging by the comments made by first time FE players on the survey, it's good to see some people became interested in the rest of the series and in picking up new installments. Nice to see the fandom grow.

Draxal

I was really happy Oboro rated so high personally (although I'm wondering how much of it is that she's Takumi's #1 fangirl).

The art is indeed amazing.

I can't believe Leon lost; he's my favourite. :( Good to see that Nohr fam is still the best fam, tho.

Anyway, judging by the comments made by first time FE players on the survey, it's good to see some people became interested in the rest of the series and in picking up new installments. Nice to see the fandom grow.

Hey, take comfort in the fact that if a worldwide poll was done he'd likely be #1! (he was almost #1 here anyway)

I was really happy Oboro rated so high personally (although I'm wondering how much of it is that she's Takumi's #1 fangirl).

eh....I thought that didn't really show up a lot in her supports?

also there's no way that statement is true if fanart is any indication

Draxal

Hey, take comfort in the fact that if a worldwide poll was done he'd likely be #1! (he was almost #1 here anyway)

eh....I thought that didn't really show up a lot in her supports?

also there's no way that statement is true if fanart is any indication

Curious about the fanart comment, but yeah it's definitely not Cordelia and Chrom all over again.

Actually ... now thinking what that fanart usually contains and knowing the fire emblem fandom ... I take back my comment about being curious.

Draxal

Cipher series 3 'preview'
7kmKmiP.png

couldn't watch the stream till the end though

Aqua's pendant is bigger than I expected lol

Is Touma a new faction, as that looks like it's a Hoshido template and not a new one.

Some new pictures of Series 2 (which got delayed 2 days)

2015091212551099a.jpg

COrEq2EU8AAea0r.jpg

Picture of the new tournament pack promo set.

COs7KplVAAEcZa6.jpg:large

Also, think these are the bonus sleeves from the booster box?

COssspKVAAEnuXM.jpg:large

Draxal

That PoR art is from PoR.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/path-of-radiance/other-art/Senerio_1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/path-of-radiance/other-art/Tiamat_1.jpg

(Though I would certainly appreciate higher quality versions being available. As I haven't found any, but I could be looking in the wrong places... If someone does know of highre quality versions, let me know <.<)

Heh, Guess I was a bit premature here :).

I really do like the starter only Ike art though.

I think it's pretty cool that all the male siblings made the top 10. (Even if Takumi is #1, because I don't care for him at all.)

Shows how strong the female and gay male fanbase for this series really is. This series definitely has a much broader appeal than some give it credit for.

That PoR art is from PoR.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/path-of-radiance/other-art/Senerio_1.jpg

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/path-of-radiance/other-art/Tiamat_1.jpg

(Though I would certainly appreciate higher quality versions being available. As I haven't found any, but I could be looking in the wrong places... If someone does know of highre quality versions, let me know <.<)

Path of Radiance HD

If only.

Or maybe here?

Nintendo is really fussy with the large art they release, although they're better at it now (thanks to E3 etc.).

Beat the first Fire Emblem yesterday. I actually had a lot of fun with it - I kind of expected worse because people seem to regard the game as "unplayably dated" but the FE series' strengths still shine through. The clunky menus and not being able to see weapons' stats definitely drag the game down a bit, though, and the balance is kind of laughable (I love how totally busted the secret shops are in particular, and I was surprised at just how generous the game is with its warp staves). Certainly a much, much better game than 2, which was still pretty decent but had a ton of chaff weighing it down.

So with that I've beaten the first five Fire Emblem games, finally. I'd probably rank them something like 5 >>> 3 > 4 >>> 1 > 2. I'll probably start up Binding Blade kind of soon, and Blazing Sword sometime after I beat that (which is probably a ways off lol).

Draxal

oh huh, let me check into that too lol

also, good to hear Japan isn't too casual to use phoenix mode

oh and past the top 10 results weren't shown so no idea how depressingly low hinoka and sakura are in the rankings

Just as an update, Nintendo Dream is coming out with the Male Kamui 3/2 promo card, while Dengeki Nintendo is coming out with the Female Kamui 3/2 promo card. The issues is are both beling released today.

hmm i'm confused... pretty sure famitsu did mention this month for that new FE manga... but it isn't in the series list on young magazine website...
don't want to waste ~500 yen to buy one lol
Just as an update, Nintendo Dream is coming out with the Male Kamui 3/2 promo card, while Dengeki Nintendo is coming out with the Female Kamui 3/2 promo card. The issues is are both beling released today.

you mean, yesterday? :p
anyway, there's no way i'm getting the promo card since i get my dengeki copy digital anyway.... unless there's a way to get them lol

Draxal

hmm i'm confused... pretty sure famitsu did mention this month for that new FE manga... but it isn't in the series list on young magazine website...

you mean, yesterday? :p
anyway, there's no way i'm getting the promo card since i get my dengeki copy digital anyway.... unless there's a way to get them lol

It's still the 18 in the EU and the west (and only turned into the 19th an hour or so ago in Japan!). My local Kinokuniya carries both so I'm good, although I do pay a decent premium.

You probably can import them from Amazon.jp and use on of the shipping sites to foward it.

It's still the 18 in the EU and the west (and only turned into the 19th an hour or so ago in Japan!). My local Kinokuniya carries both so I'm good, although I do pay a decent premium.

You probably can import them from Amazon.jp and use on of the shipping sites to foward it.

getting 2x of the same magazine... i'm not that hardcore :^)

don't want to waste ~500 yen to buy one lol

Odd, but Famitsu did say "from" September 2015, so it doesn't necessary need to start on September.

That or maybe it was delayed (or a mass hallucination)? I did get vibes the Yusuke Kozaki is struggling a bit to get the right equipment.

Or was it September 2016?

you have a local store carrying Japanese magazines? what

what a weeb

Draxal

Kinokuniya is a japanese bookstore that has multiple overseas locations :p

Ayup, there's at least 10 stores in the states and they're all in the major west coast cites and two in the NYC area (one in nyc proper and one where all the consulate workers live as they commute into the city).

Odd, but Famitsu did say "from" September 2015, so it doesn't necessary need to start on September.

That or maybe it was delayed (or a mass hallucination)? I did get vibes the Yusuke Kozaki is struggling a bit to get the right equipment.

september 2016... doubt anyone except you will remember about it :p

Kinokuniya is a japanese bookstore that has multiple overseas locations :p

Ayup, there's at least 10 stores in the states and they're all in the major west coast cites and two in the NYC area (one in nyc proper and one where all the consulate workers live as they commute into the city).

well, that means there are none remotely close to where I am!

that would be hilarious

jnWake

I recently played FE7 and FE8 and I'm interested in continuing with the series. Sadly, the GCN and Wii games are obscenely expensive so I'm skipping them... Should I wait for the DS game to hit the Wii U eShop or should I just go for Awakening?

People seem very torn on the DS game so I'm not sure if I should just skip it or not.

Weebos

Banned
I recently played FE7 and FE8 and I'm interested in continuing with the series. Sadly, the GCN and Wii games are obscenely expensive so I'm skipping them... Should I wait for the DS game to hit the Wii U eShop or should I just go for Awakening?

People seem very torn on the DS game so I'm not sure if I should just skip it or not.

I think you can move on to Awakening if you want.

Shadow Dragon is a remake of the first game, so if you care about learning a bit about Marth then wait. It isn't amazing, especially coming off the GBA games. The art style change is pretty rough and there are no supports. Awakening is much closer to the GBA games, especially Sacred Stones.

Also, I know they're prohibitively expensive, but if you even get the chance check out the GCN and Wii games. Path of Radiance in particular is great.

And, if emulators aren't a big deal for you, FE6 and FE12, which weren't released in the states, have solid translation patches.

get both DS games (though obviously 12 would require an import and/or an emulator)

also I'm sure you can snag FE9/10 for less than $60 if you look in the right places ;)

Lunar15

Shame, since those two are my favorite games in the series.

Top Bottom