• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem fans, I ask you to defend your favorite entry in the series.

Astral Dog

Awakening was the most polished entry when released.score is still top tier

Two Stones(?) Had two whole campaigns to play

RM8

I fall under West-Emblem. Sacred Stones was my first Fire Emblem, and I fell completely in love with it. The dialogue, the music, the characters (and design), the gameplay--it set a strong precedent in my mind for what Fire Emblem was. I then bought FE7, and beat that; then PoR. I then bought RD close to release.

Every single game was a joy to play and experience, and I couldn't be any happier with the quality and enjoyment the series was providing.

The Tellius Duology are my favorite out of the bunch, but I prefer RD because of the sheer volume and scope of it, along with the excellent music and fun (and sometimes long) maps. I really enjoyed the journey a lot. Not that PoR doesn't deserve props, of course, but RD just blew me away so much more. It's a shame about the Support conversations, though.

RD > PoR > SS > FE7 for me, but they're close together.

I remember the reveal for Awakening and how excited I was for it. Finally! A new FE! It had been so long, my excitement was through the roof. Then the game came out (bought it digitally day one since the stock situation was bad already), and the more I played, the more my joy became undone by the soullessness of it all. Awful, one-dimensional characters that even 8-4's good writing couldn't save; an art style that was subjectively inferior and boring to previous entries (even though I love his work on NMH. Double disappointment); and finally, a story/journey so awful without any intrigue or charm that I couldn't believe this came from the same devs as the previous games. Also, the music wasn't as memorable, which was one of the most tragic things for me as video game music fan--especially because Rei Kondoh worked on it. He's basically a god. I was more than disappointed with the whole package.

I don't participate or lurk in OTs until I'm done with games, so when I finished Awakening, I thought, "Man, I wonder how many others were disappointed with this like I was," and there was almost universal praise that confused me. Then it was obvious most people were new to the series, and that Awakening was their first foray into it. Then news that "Awakening saved the series" started creeping out and I was just... I felt like that guy that's talking to a friend, and suddenly a friend of my friend comes along and they eventually get into a deep conversation I can't possibly join, so I'm just sitting there like, "Hmm," and eventually leave them to it.

I have no interest in the Fates games whatsoever because of Awakening. It looked like more of the same, and going by some of the more obvious negativity surrounding it (the localization stuff isn't even crossing my mind), I'm not totally off the mark.

As much as I shit on Awakening every chance I get, I am glad it saved the series. It's just not for me anymore for what could be a while (I'm wary and very curious about Echoes, though, and I want to get it. But $$$, etc., and I don't want to risk getting burned again. Plus, other games).

Honestly, the marriage/children stuff just isn't all that appealing, and neither is the attitude these mechanics inevitably bring along. Like the following fact:

Lucina is trash, and her best look is rocking a body bag. Great design and premise foiled by her boring-everything, down to being voiced by Laura Bailey. But it makes sense, since her father is the worst Lord I've ever experienced in FE. They're both terrible, boring, and basically worthless. Lucina having fans I can understand, but Chrom? I don't want to understand that one.
The same happened to me, but SS remains my favourite, I think.

And yeah, honestly don't bother with Fates. It's the first FF game I couldn't bring myself to finish and I usually don't care about story in games... even for FE. I think what puts me off the most is that the entire cast behaves like in a bad dating reality show. This is no army, the moment two of your units start to get along, things quickly escalate from zero to marriage. This on top of the terrible story makes Fates one of my biggest gaming disappointments to date. I'm now a casual Fire Emblem fan in the sense that I won't buy every game released in the series - I want to buy Echoes, but I'll likely skip the Switch game that is bound to be a dating sim mess, lol.

And it sucks, because SRPGs are kind of dead unless you have a very high tolerance for a very particular kind of writing and art...

Radiant Dawn is by far my favorite, even though I think it's an incredibly uneven game. RD takes the fantastic cast from Path of Radiance and throws them all into a war. It's a setup that's vastly different from most other FE games - there's no clear villain
until the relatively weaker Act 4, anyways
, you control three or so parties, and units will drop in, drop out, and change which party they belong to. It's a game that tries to tell a story where there isn't one true "good" side
arguably it doesn't do a great job at that, relying on the blood pact and a convenient god to resolve the conflict and moral ambiguity

But where I think the game's narrative succeeds the most is in its characters, or more specifically, the characters who are conflicted about their role in the war. The game does a great job of expanding those characters through narrative and gameplay mechanics. Throughout Radiant Dawn, there are characters who have friends fighting on the other side of the war, or find themselves fighting for a cause they don't believe in. You can talk to them with certain characters. Sometimes, they'll join (Haar and Jill). Sometimes, they'll be more stubborn (Ilyana and Jill). If you attack certain characters with others, you get different dialogue. And sometimes you're not even given the option to attack (Meg and Brom). All of these flesh out the cast and make them feel more human - they're uncertain, they don't want to fight, and you get to see how they react when they're forced to fight someone they know. This is a typical conversation:

There's a ridiculous amount of optional dialogue in Radiant Dawn, so much that you're likely to never see them all in a single playthrough (there are some conversations that are pretty much impossible to see, due to the map layouts, but the developers put them in anyways). It sucks that RD lost support conversations, but the base and battle definitely partly make up for it.

Also, there are some pretty cold one-liners:
Good post. I definitely agree on all parts, down to the bad. RD just felt so grandiose and epic... man, I think it's time for a replay.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
All this Radiant Dawn love is bringing a tear to my eye...

I wrote up an entire paragraph defending it before I changed my mind to PoR for setting its foundations and having an overall tighter cast, but the scope and scale of RD was something else. I would say the opening chapter with the Dawn Brigade did a way, way, WAY better job at dealing with living in a corrupt kingdom than Conquest did. I'm right there with all of you.

My boys Leonardo, Nolan, Sothe, and Micaiah, a mage-lord... hnnnng. And then when you get to Ike's team... HNNNNNG. And then it ramps up even further... *dead*

There's gotta be a Vince McMahon gif properly explaining the escalation in Radiant Dawn

NewGame

Banned
Most of the games before the Radiant Dawn were good, Fire Emblem 7 is still the best because it's perfect for new players and has such a gobsmackingly good story and fantastic characters.

A lot of the new games just add petting minigames and weird combat micromanagement that made characters feel less like a close friend you were fighting with and more of a 'build that's really OP I read online about'

Then there's the bride class *vomit*

The same happened to me, but SS remains my favourite, I think.

And yeah, honestly don't bother with Fates. It's the first FF game I couldn't bring myself to finish and I usually don't care about story in games... even for FE. I think what puts me off the most is that the entire cast behaves like in a bad dating reality show. This is no army, the moment two of your units start to get along, things quickly escalate from zero to marriage. This on top of the terrible story makes Fates one of my biggest gaming disappointments to date. I'm now a casual Fire Emblem fan in the sense that I won't buy every game released in the series - I want to buy Echoes, but I'll likely skip the Switch game that is bound to be a dating sim mess, lol.

And it sucks, because SRPGs are kind of dead unless you have a very high tolerance for a very particular kind of writing and art...
Fates is worth playing if you enjoy the mechanics and gameplay of Fire Emblem at all, particularly the Conquest route. Some of the best map designs in the entire series are in that game. The story is complete garbage, most of the characters are awful, I totally agree with you about that, but they did fix a lot of the balance issues Awakening introduced. Conquest alone is worth playing through, Birthright and Revelations really aren't worth it.

Echoes is a good entry in the series, especially if you never played Gaiden. Very different than other games in the series, the maps aren't great, and it does feel archaic in some ways, but the story is traditional FE, the characters are better than Fates for sure, the art style is fantastic, presentation and music are phenomenal, it has the best battle animations of any 3D Fire Emblem with very natural and fluid character movements...its a great game. If you like classic FE, you need to play Echoes.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Where do I fall? My favourite Fire Emblems are Fates Conquest, Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, in this order. Not having played the SNES games yet, I can only say that I do not like the NES games as much as the games starting on GBA, but I think people who list the first two games as their favourites are rare anyway. Since no one has attacked my favourite, Conquest, I see no need to defend it ;).

Path of Radiance is by far the best game and I don't think it will be topped. Though I admit I still need to play Awakening.

As previously mentioned its the best written, very accessible, and it feels like most of your party is super viable. Dawn was good too, but I felt it was weaker because it kept hoisting mechanically crappy teams that weren't the Greil Mercenaries on you.

Ranmo

I'm in a very Gray area as I really enjoy the gameplay and a lot of the characters from Waifu Emblem, but the stories aren't as enjoyable as West Emblem (but I really enjoyed fates conquest).

So my pick is West Emblem. Story was decent across the board and I especially loved the visuals for the GBA games. As for my favorite title...I'd have to say FE7.

Currently playing FE6 and it will probably de-throne 7 for me. But I'm not done yet. So for now it's 7.

latest

Path of Radiance is by far the best game and I don't think it will be topped. Though I admit I still need to play Awakening.

As previously mentioned its the best written, very accessible, and it feels like most of your party is super viable. Dawn was good too, but I felt it was weaker because it kept hoisting mechanically crappy teams that weren't the Greil Mercenaries on you.
If Path of Radiance is your favorite, specifically for those reasons, Awakening will not top PoR for you. I still maintain that Awakening is a good game overall, but it started trends that Fates took to an awful extreme.

Kain

FE7 aka Blazing sword. Because Hector is the main character (Eliwood doesn't count, nope, don't know what you talking about).

Radiant dawn is a close second, the army I had by the end was something to behold. But fuck Micaiah and Sothe, what a couple of useless brats.

PK Gaming

Why defend when I can attack?

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE4 - Really large maps, tedious gameplay
FE5 - There are some bullshit design choices
FE6 - Unit balance could be better
FE7 - Simplistic map design, too easy
FE8 - Very simplistic map design, very easy
FE9 - BEXP is broken, balance is poor, tedious gameplay
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly
FE13 - Extremely simplistic maps, basic story
FE14 - Story and Writing are no good
FE15 - No longer outdated but the gameplay is still bad

COME AT ME FOOLS

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly

COME AT ME, FOOLS
So looking at this list...your favorite is probably FE5, FE7, or FE6?

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly

COME AT ME FOOLS
The absolute madman.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly

COME AT ME FOOLS
de3.jpg

CazTGG

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly

COME AT ME FOOLS

93-00950087383.png

How come FE11 got the ugly label but 9/10 didn't?

exfatal

Awaken, cause it was the one i played the most and had the most fun with. Played shadow of dragon remake and was meh on it, and tried the gamecube one and was too hard. Also i enjoyed the baby making and getting married and all that side stuff.

lupin23rd

Geneology of Holy War for me.

Was the first one I bought and played when I first went to Japan when I was 16.

Loved the larger maps, which is still different from the other entries. I remember thinking I'd cleared out a map in the later game, only to see three of the "allied" castles all of a sudden turn enemy, and like 20 cavaliers run out to my horror.

Really hoping they do a remake (that does it justice) and bring it out in English.

Geneology of Holy War for me.

Was the first one I bought and played when I first went to Japan when I was 16.

Loved the larger maps, which is still different from the other entries. I remember thinking I'd cleared out a map in the later game, only to see three of the "allied" castles all of a sudden turn enemy, and like 20 cavaliers run out to my horror.

Really hoping they do a remake (that does it justice) and bring it out in English.
Genealogy needs a remake the most out of all the games in the series. I still think the maps are too big though, game has a huge overreliance on mounted units.

SolVanderlyn

FE6 is a very good game, possibly my favorite GBA title, but I have a really hard time classifying it because

A) It still falls to trappings of older FEs like awful reinforcements and crushing difficulty

and

B) It was never released over here like the rest of the "classic' games

It kinda falls under both the Japan and West-emblem umbrellas. It would be right next to FE7 if not for the reinforcements problem. Roy is also a lackluster lord (disappointing considering his Smash Bros incarnation). Top tier villainous cast though, those generals of Bern were awesome.

spiritfox

Whatever Fire Emblem games you like, calling it Fire Emblem [number] is the worst.

FE7 is great, but FE14 has some good maps and FE13 was very popular. FE9 and 10 were the best story though, but I also like FE8's gameplay. I should go and play FE4 sometime, but maybe they'll remake it like they did FE2 to FE15.

:p

FE7 is great, but FE14 has some good maps and FE13 was very popular. FE9 and 10 were the best story though, but I also like FE8's gameplay. I should go and play FE4 sometime, but maybe they'll remake it like they did FE2 to FE15.

:p
Maybe if Nintendo gave the games official western subtitles we wouldn't need to do this. On top of that, FE7 is confusing because if you just say 'Fire Emblem' no one knows if you are referring to the first western release or the whole damn series.

Whatever Fire Emblem games you like, calling it Fire Emblem [number] is the worst.

It's quick and painless though. It's faster than typing out the title. When you say FE7, everyone knows it's Fire Emblem.

Edit - Damn, beaten like a Lance Knight against a Great Lord.

spiritfox

Maybe if Nintendo gave the games official western subtitles we wouldn't need to do this. On top of that, FE7 is confusing because if you just say 'Fire Emblem' no one knows if you are referring to the first western release or the whole damn series.

Well they did when they released Heroes. But most people don't use them cause it's a pain to write New Mystery of the Emblem when you can write FE12. Also FE7 is officially Blazing Blade.

Well they did when they released Heroes. But most people don't use them cause it's a pain to write New Mystery of the Emblem when you can write FE12. Also FE7 is officially Blazing Blade.

Beaten like a Great Knight defending against a mage.
Ah yeah, forgot they addressed this with Heroes. Point still stands though, it's easier all around.

West Emblem for sure. For some reason I just cannot get into the newer Fire Emblem games, perhaps the Switch will change that.

I love the GBA era games.

GenG3000

I could never get into West Emblem (not-Kaga Emblem). All of them felt like just cookie cutter rehashes of the Japanese Emblem archtypes, downgraded mechanically and plot-wise, restrictive in design and didn't get interesting (characters, world building, writing) until Tellius. In all of them you had the Marth, the Caeda, the Oguma, the Navarre, the Julian, the redeemed wyvern princess, the enemy general, the Camus and so on.

3DS at least tried new things by distancing themselves from established traditions and got its due reward.

I feel more attached to the original Japanese releases, especially Genealogy of Holy-War and Thracia 776, but I cannot go back to those mechanics. Let's hope more titles get the Echoes treatment. Overall, my favourites would be Genealogy of Holy-War, Path of Radiance, Conquest and Echoes.

Blues1990

FE1 - Outdated
FE2 - Bad and Outdated
FE3 - Outdated
FE10 - Total mess
FE11 - Ugly, no supports
FE12 - Ugly

COME AT ME FOOLS

I'll take it that you hate the series? You didn't explain yourself very well.

OVDRobo

I have absolutely no idea what games people are referring to when they do it numerically, even as a Fire Emblem fan.

There's certain things I've picked up from seeing characters from games referenced at the same time as numbers like FE7 being 'the one with Lyn', but it's really bad to assume that people know the numerical ordering of a series where a majority of the games never came to western audiences. This isn't like Final Fantasy where the numbering is part of the name and the fact that people have taken to counting remakes as separate number increments is disastrous.

Every single game has a western title in one form or another, even if it's just an unofficial translation of the Japanese title and some have received official titles such as Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade and Fire Emblem: Binding Blade in later titles such as heroes.

As for the argument that full titles are harder to type out: That is the entire purpose for abbreviations. FE: NME or FE:NMotE isn't that tough to type out and it's way easier to understand if you don't have encyclopaedic knowledge of the series.

This is a bit off-topic, but using a numbering system for this series is awful..

Basically this.

CazTGG

I could never get into West Emblem (not-Kaga Emblem). All of them felt like just cookie cutter rehashes of the Japanese Emblem archtypes, downgraded mechanically and plot-wise, restrictive in design and didn't get interesting (characters, world building, writing) until Tellius. In all of them you had the Marth, the Caeda, the Oguma, the Navarre, the Julian, the redeemed wyvern princess, the enemy general, the Camus and so on.

The Kaga games had these same archetypes or slight variations of them throughout FE 1 and 3-5 along with their own faults, in fact the SNES entries were what cemented them as series archetypes after Gaiden's utter lack of character broke what became a series trend.

shining force III, not sure which scenario though

Your kin is not welcome here, heaven!

Thracia 776 is the best from what I've played. Its high difficulty really pushes you to learn all the intricacies of its systems (and its fantastic maps), and I've always loved that it makes you feel like you're a ragtag band of rebels fighting for every inch against a superior foe (something which most of the other games in the series don't really capture).

Thracia 776 is the best from what I've played. Its high difficulty really pushes you to learn all the intricacies of its systems (and its fantastic maps), and I've always loved that it makes you feel like you're a ragtag band of rebels fighting for every inch against a superior foe (something which most of the other games in the series don't really capture).

Dawn Brigade!

Seriously, I really like the gameplay contrast between Dawn Brigade and Greil Mercenaries. It's not just the story telling you who is weak and who is strong. You feel it when you play the different groups.

Chazbc24

Neo Member
trop10.jpg

I think you can tell from my favorite games of all time list what camp I fall into.

I am loving all the RD love. It seriously struck a great balance with the difficulty, in that you needed to utilize every unit in your army (even the bad ones) to make it through scenarios. That game is so much more about unit placement and actual strategy than character stats and that is why it is so amazing to me.

To me- Fire Emblem has always been about the balance between short term game (map objectives) and the long term game (allocating exp). Making concessions and sacrifices in the short term to fortify the long term- and vice versa is what makes the series so special. Which is why I feel I have a hard time getting into any of the open map style games.

squall23

By themselves, Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776 are fun. Putting them together, and it made for the best FE story.

Literally the main problem I have with FEs post-Thracia 776 is the battle animations as superficial as that sounds. For the SNES games, it actually looks like the characters are fighting, not just standing there waiting to attack or dodge or what have you. This didn't really change until the recent FE2 remake which I absolutely appreciate.

By themselves, Genealogy of Holy War and Thracia 776 are fun. Putting them together, and it made for the best FE story.

Literally the main problem I have with FEs post-Thracia 776 is the battle animations as superficial as that sounds. For the SNES games, it actually looks like the characters are fighting, not just standing there waiting to attack or dodge or what have you. This didn't really change until the recent FE2 remake which I absolutely appreciate.

POR and RD aren't like that too.

In FE4/5, you can tell how a battle plays out based on the animation for some classes. Like if a Swordmaster doesn't kill a unit with the first critical hit, it plays a different critical animation versus a unit that you can kill in the first hit. The same if it's a second hit, or a counter attack. You can tell based on the animation it plays. It's that good.

Radiant Dawn adds a lot more impact to the hits making the enemies recoil, or fall when they're hit by attacks. I love that feeling.

Dawn Brigade!

Seriously, I really like the gameplay contrast between Dawn Brigade and Greil Mercenaries. It's not just the story telling you who is weak and who is strong. You feel it when you play the different groups.

This. Radiant Dawn does a great job of using the medium to tell its story.

Ninferno

Good thread, though I honestly won't group the GBA games and Tellius games together as "West Emblem". Granted, I get what you mean, they are the first games to get released in the west and Roy, Ike in Smash and shit, but their similarity pretty ends right there.

Console FE games and handheld FE games are VERY different, cater to very different play-styles (theme, graphics, color scheme, play time allocation). There's no way you get similar feeling between Binding Blade and Path of Radiance.

That said, I have played every FE games in existence, including the original Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (aka "FE1"). I have to say I vastly prefer the console installments over the handheld counterparts. My top 3 FE games are Genealogy, Radiant Dawn, and Thracia. Therefore I don't quite fall under any category the OP has outlined; guess I'm a Jugdral + Tellius guy then?:) I did enjoy Shadows of Valentia a lot though; it is easily my favorite handheld FE game, followed by New Mystery.

That said, I have played every FE games in existence, including the original Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (aka "FE1"). I have to say I vastly prefer the console installments than the handheld counterparts. My top 3 are Genealogy, Radiant Dawn, and Thracia. That said, I don't quite fall under any category the OP has outlined; guess I'm a Jugdral + Tellius guy then?:) I do enjoyed Shadows of Valentia though; it is easily my favorite handheld FE game, followed by New Mystery.

Same. I also enjoyed New Mystery of the Emblem.

Loptous

Genealogy needs a remake the most out of all the games in the series. I still think the maps are too big though, game has a huge overreliance on mounted units.
I always found this not to be a problem starting from chapter 2 because you can separate your units in two groups (cavalry / infantry) and have them do their separate things.
Ex:
Chapter 2: Cavalry rushes to Anphony and save the villages while the infantry sets for Mackily. Once Anphony is captured, it's way faster to just warp Sigurd and have the infantry take down Mackily as opposed to do the long trek back with the cavalry / or waste turns warping all of them back.

Chapter 3 starts by having your castle surrounded from all directions.

Chapter 4 has your mounted units going for Thove while the infantry group waits at the bottom of the map to cross the mountains.

Chapter 5 has the desert.

Etc.

On top of that, they at least tried to balance it out by giving infantry the better stats and skills.

But different playstyles I guess. I don't really care about turn count in these games.

That said, I find the design decisions in 4 to be a lot more coherent as a whole than say, 5.

This. Radiant Dawn does a great job of using the medium to tell its story.
FE4 does the same with holy blood units. You can tell not balancing the units was a conscious decision, even if they went a bit too far with it admitedly. : P

I guess you can tell my GOAT from this lol

Shinypogs

I still need to play 4 and 5 but For now things stand thusly.

Conquest is my fav game in terms of map design and combat. Particularly conquest lunatic which is a real prick in later chapters but still beatable in a lot to ways allowing for great replayabity. In general the openness of the fates games in terms of recording through heart/friendship/marriage seals means you can have lot of different runs with the same people keeping the combat fresh.

There is no defending the story in conquest other than your initial choice. In a state of shock and panic after losing Gunter and the wtf hey we are your real family whoops your real mom is dead. Damn straight I'm siding with the people I remember growing up with, the siblings who've already proven they truly care for me and my tender heart who won't kill beaten prisoners.

The rest of the story is garbage though, implementation of children story wise is dumb and supports make no sense since apparently your secret astral plane fort can be accessed by random bandits and you can go talk to units you havent recruited yet in supports.

Path of radiance has my fav story and supports. The combat is too easy and the non royal laguz are some of the most garbage units I've ever been given. I also find it to be pretty ugly as a game.

Fe7 has my fav art and animations and also the best port and boat maps. Anything short of Hector hard mode wants increased enemy growths for any real semblance of challenge though and having to drag late promoting often force deployed lords around is just as annoying here as in other gba games.

I always found this not to be a problem starting from chapter 2 because you can separate your units in two groups (cavalry / infantry) and have them do their separate things.
Ex:
Chapter 2: Cavalry rushes to Anphony and save the villages while the infantry sets for Mackily. Once Anphony is captured, it's way faster to just warp Sigurd and have the infantry take down Mackily as opposed to do the long trek back with the cavalry / or waste turns warping all of them back.

Chapter 3 starts by having your castle surrounded from all directions.

Chapter 4 has your mounted units going for Thove while the infantry group waits at the bottom of the map to cross the mountains.

Chapter 5 has the desert.

Etc.

On top of that, they at least tried to balance it out by giving infantry the better stats and skills.

But different playstyles I guess. I don't really care about turn count in these games.

Yup. I find the "map being too big" criticism silly. I play the same way as you do. I split my units up to get ready for the next fights instead of moving everything in one direction. Not to mention you get 2 different warp staves very early in the game to help movement even more. Not to mention they are great for leveling up your weak healers with how much experience a single use grants.

I also agree the balance of the units is the best. Infantry are clearly better stats than mounted. Mounted does travel further and faster. I love that balance. Other games don't balance their mounted units nearly as well. Like damn, Paladins are powerful in POR/RD. Fast and excellent stats.

ramparter

Banned
I loved Radiant Dawn. I remember watching japanese vids on youtube before the game came out in English. Seeing third tier units blew my mind lol

Mine is Radiant Dawn. I skipped Path of Radiance at first because I couldn't find a Gamecube copy, but I was blown away by Radiant Dawn due to its sheer colossal size and very story heavy game for a Nintendo game.

Awakening and Fates are fine but I like PoR/RD's story more.

Add me to the Radiant Dawn camp. Path of Radiance is my favorite but Radiant Dawn was also great and huge. Took me like 80+ hours first time - really exploited those bronze weapons lol. I more specifically want to defend Part I, Dawn Brigade. I loved it, I loved how right from the start you felt underpowered and especially in those first chapters you had plan very well each move.

Top Bottom