• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

Mcdohl

I feel like Conquest is easier when you only use like 3 units :/

Ch21-23 have been that way for me.

When I try to use more than 3 and proceed with caution...someone dies when I have spent 20mins+ on the chapter.

So then I proceed with 3 units, rush it, and achieve a way easier victory.

Do you guys think it's by design, or was Conquest not balanced against rushers?

For the record my 3 units are: Corrin, Xander, and Camilla

PK Gaming

When I try to use more than 3 and proceed with caution...someone dies when I have spent 20mins+ on the chapter.

That's not Conquest, that's Fire Emblem in general. Using a few juggernaut units > using a whole squad of middling. It's more noticeable since enemies are actually tough this time around. That said, you can use more than twice that number on Conquest (even on Lunatic) especially when the child sealed kids are factored in. Lunatic has a few smart anti-juggernaut features, like giving enemies poison strike, which prevents you from low-manning a map with a juggernaut.

NeonZ

Some Conquest chapters can be easier like that - especially in that final stretch where there aren't special objectives aside from defeating the boss or seizing. The problem is that finishing the final chapter itself while low manning is basically impossible unless you have very specific builds so the game ends up biting you back for relying on that. Chapter 26 also might be a problem, although there are more ways around that.

Mcdohl

That's not Conquest, that's Fire Emblem in general. Using a few Juggernaut units > using a whole squad of middling. It's more noticeable since enemies are actually tough this time around. That said, you can use more than twice that number on Conquest (even on Lunatic) especially when the child sealed kids are factored in.

Lol, good point. I did juggernaut Corrin + Ryoma on the last battle of Birthright and ended it way too quickly.

What do you mean with the kids though? Are they juggernautish as well?

I've never seen such bullshit like lunatic conquest 25.

The game is straight up saying have some high level archers with shurikenbreaker or a corrin that can solo ryoma or else this map is impossible.

To be honest I found Conquest 25 unpleasant on Hard. A lot of enemies too fast to double and with too much HP to one shot, you pretty much have no choice to eat debuffs from the master ninjas.

Also that chokepoint before Kagero, a bunch of ninjas with poison strike AND grizzly wound. Meaning even your toughest unit can die the death of a thousand cuts

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
25 was probably the actual hardest chapter in the game on hard, IMO. Extremely fast enemies with tough skill loadouts and dangerous positioning/AI. Totally expected reinforcements from the stairs too but that never happened.

Azuran

Banned
I finally got around to start getting the children I never got before and the majority of them are great. Sophie is the best so far and it seems she's a pretty good unit too.

Next up Selkie and Velouria.

PK Gaming

I finally got around to start getting the children I never got before and the majority of them are great. Sophie is the best so far and it seems she's a pretty good unit too.

Next up Selkie and Velouria.

>Played Conquest
>Didn't get Velouria

How's my theprodigy impression. Haha, jk, jk I love you prodigy

Anustart

Need to get back to this at some point. On like chapter 24 birthright. There's so little to break the gameplay into different activities that I burned out.

Azuran

Banned
As soon as I saw keaton could ORKO the pegasus riders in his join chapter, that was enough to convince me he was a keeper.

I didn't like any of the transforming characters in Tellius or Awakening (except for Ranulf because he a true bro) so I didn't expect to like them here because I was dumb and prejudiced.

I'm regretting that decision so much now after reading a bunch of their supports. Both Keaton and Kaden are hilarious and the former is a beast in the field. Shame he doesn't have ranged attacks but I can live when he takes down everything in one hit that dares to go near him.

Whew finally beat Conquest lunatic

I somehow used up all my rescues in a previous chapter when I thought I had another one left so I ended up recruiting a hacked shigure with 11 move and pass off mycastle to ferry my MC to the boss because I was not going to deal with those paired up death riders while being assaulted by those inevtiable end savant maids.

Now I can check that off my bucket list and never touch the mode again.

To be honest I found Conquest 25 unpleasant on Hard. A lot of enemies too fast to double and with too much HP to one shot, you pretty much have no choice to eat debuffs from the master ninjas.

Also that chokepoint before Kagero, a bunch of ninjas with poison strike AND grizzly wound. Meaning even your toughest unit can die the death of a thousand cuts
I don't even know how to deal with the ninjas properly. I had Effie lure them close to the wall and then the following turn Javelin them, but the process took way long, since only Effie could not worry about taking damage from them directly. Everyone else was just sitting back chillin'. :/

Also, fuck the Lunge puppet things. I had to stick an elixir on Benny's kid to make sure he could last more than a turn getting tossed through walls.

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 25 on Hard can be annoying, but like, not that hard? Like all of the late-game maps with exception to 24, you're basically just given as much time as you want to figure stuff out. And while I can't recall the 'time limit' for 25, it's so high it might as well be nonexistent. Lunge puppets you beat by sending in a durable unit (like Effie) then cleaning them up after they're all pulled into the main room. You can beat the three range ninjas (and the Master of Arms) with Xander, Azura, and some healing. The whole map is quite fair in its' expectations, IMO.

The initial skirmish in 23 or ninja hell in general was IMO the most troublesome.

Chapter 25 on Hard can be annoying, but like, not that hard? Like all of the late-game maps with exception to 24, you're basically just given as much time as you want to figure stuff out. And while I can't recall the 'time limit' for 25, it's so high it might as well be nonexistent. Lunge puppets you beat by sending in a durable unit (like Effie) then cleaning them up after they're all pulled into the main room. You can beat the three range ninjas (and the Master of Arms) with Xander, Azura, and some healing. The whole map is quite fair in its' expectations, IMO.

The initial skirmish in 23 or ninja hell in general was IMO the most troublesome.

That works on hard, but lol attempting to tank on lunatic when the ninjas will quickly pull you to like -20 defense.

I need to come back to this game and finish the final chapter in Conquest. I was doing fine until the damn malig knights and paladins fucked me up. Its so annoying dealing with them.

Moonlight

Banned
That works on hard, but lol attempting to tank on lunatic when the ninjas will quickly pull you to like -20 defense.
That's why I specified Hard! Since that's what the line of discussion was on, and I haven't attempted Lunatic yet anyways. I can imagine how much more punishing that could be, lol.

Shinypogs

Velouria with grisly wound and savage blow is so hilarious . I always used her in the past but I used keaton as my lead so camilla just always passed on lunge which was still good when enemes clustered or tried to choke point you. Now she's an ever bigger monster.

On hard I went up the left side of chapter 25 and cleared that. Got a silence staff from the chest on that side and killed Ryoma with my maxed out master ninja. Fuck everything to do with that hallway of death on the right. Yeah I lost out on some xp but most of my team who aren't already 20/20 will max next chapter or during the final chapter and endgame. Camilla already maxed out and capped two stats so I picked her up an eternal seal so she has a few more chances to hopefully get an hp level up. She just refuses to gain hp though I swear.

All in all I def found conquest on hard to be challenging but fair. Check the skills and ranges of the enemies, watch out for lunge chains and pass units and you should be okay.

Going to be doing my second birthright run after I beat this unless I break for awakening. Lunatic time for that so I expect to swear a lot.

Lynx_7

Alright, guess I'm starting to warm up to Birthright, the last couple of chapters (12 and 13) were actually pretty good. No bullshit reinforcements and some decent challenge, though 12 could be cheesed with a flying unit if I really wanted to, but I chose to get the chest first before gunning for the exit so there was still some tension when
Xander started getting way too close to the party
. I'm guessing this won't last very long though and we'll be back to our regular schedule of 10 units of reinforcement per turn.

Should I reclass Hinoka to a Spear Fighter? There are so many archers in this game...

Moonlight

Banned
Alright, guess I'm starting to warm up to Birthright, the last couple of chapters (12 and 13) were actually pretty good. No bullshit reinforcements and some decent challenge, though 12 could be cheesed with a flying unit if I really wanted to, but I chose to get the chest first before gunning for the exit so there was still some tension when
Xander started getting way too close to the the party
. I'm guessing this won't last very long though and we'll be back to our regular schedule of 10 units of reinforcement per turn.

Should I reclass Hinoka to a Spear Fighter? There are so many archers in this game...
Hinoka is solid as a Spear Fighter, but IMO flight is such a good unit trait that she's better off sticking it out there.

So, new DLC happening, 6 sequential maps. Looks like its another set using preset characters. Probably a good thing for those that are already done with the game

Shinypogs

Looks I need to temporarily heart seal camilla to a non flying class for chapter 27. The Ai was smart and the entrap maid paired with an archer yanked her over there. Even at level 23 she couldn't one shot him and running put her straight in the path of the merchant and his posse of spendthrift bullshit.

On then other hand the ai matched MU master ninja vs their master ninja. Velouria vs a mage and hero soliel vs a berserker who couldn't land a hit on her so I maybe just got unlucky that time and the maids won't always try and put Camilla with the archer.

Either way it was a good way to get a taste of how my team matches up with the map and now I can actually prepare and determine who is getting which of the stat boosters I've been hoarding all campaign. After my first conquest run I decides on no early stat boosters becuase a lot of my units inevitably capped the stat I boosted before they hit 20/20 and I might as well save it for units who need a little extra.

Lunar15

After a string of unusual bad luck on 25, I just gave Corrin some stat boosters and sent her directly after ryouma. Missing out on those chests and EXP, but I'm so ready to be done.

TWILT

Banned
No sign of the scrambles yet...it's probably because there's A LOT to translate (conversations with every child/parent pairing...), but I really do hope we see it.

Still though, the Kids DLC was actually the one I was most looking forward to, so I'm excited for that.

Linkark07

Banned
Reading Benny supports, I'm kinda regretting of letting him go. But darn, had to restart chapter 13 too many times because of Takumi, Reina and Scarlet.

If only Scarlet didn't land a crit on poor Benny :(

PK Gaming

Beat Conquest on Lunatic

Feeling conflicted because I let a bunch of people die and I don't have it in me to grind it out... Maybe i'll try to limit the casualties to one

Seriously Endgame on Lunatic is terrible, haha

Beat Conquest on Lunatic

Feeling conflicted because I let a bunch of people die and I don't have it in me to grind it out... Maybe i'll try to limit the casualties to one

Seriously Endgame on Lunatic is terrible, haha

I used Rescue and Pass so that I didn't have to watch anyone die on the Endgame chapter. Silence stopped my units from being frozen or weakened when tanking the first enemy wave.

Azuran

Banned
Nyx's stupid growths is making her a pain to raise. She has a grand total of 6 SKL after 7 level ups which kills her accuracy completely even with Heartseeker as I'm moving up to stronger enemies.

PK Gaming

I did it

I won

I beat Conquest on Lunatic without losing a single person. Literally took hours to prepare and come up with a full-proof strat, lmao

latest

I legit forgot what the Fire Emblem was in this.

Though to be fair I can't remember what it was in FE4/FE5 (was it a gem in Tyrfing or something) and I think outside of the Archanea games it always gets shoehorned in so that they have a reason to keep the title, lol. The best are in FE8 and FE9/10 where it's just another name for an object that they mention and then never refer to it as the Fire Emblem again.

I legit forgot what the Fire Emblem was in this.

Though to be fair I can't remember what it was in FE4/FE5 (was it a gem in Tyrfing or something) and I think outside of the Archanea games it always gets shoehorned in so that they have a reason to keep the title, lol. The best are in FE8 and FE9/10 where it's just another name for an object that they mention and then never refer to it as the Fire Emblem again.

Lehran's medallion best fire emblem.

Top Bottom