• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

spiritfox

They were introduced as "new units" rather than "special units", which makes people think that they're somehow permanent. I'm not sure yet.

The one thing that makes me seriously consider that the CYL characters could be permanent is that they lack the "these units may not be available later" disclaimer that every introduction video for event units has had at the end.

Golnei

The one thing chat makes me seriously consider that the CYL characters could be permanent is that they lack the "these units may not be available later" disclaimer that every introduction video for event units has had at the end.

I didn't look that closely - that would seem to be a fairly concrete indication they're doing something to re-run them, even if that doesn't mean including them in the standard pool.

Golnei

Also, Daisuke Izuka posted this on Twitter.

DIhw34qVoAAZ-LK.jpg

I assume all of this is canon.

Sushen

Who are you supporting in tomorrow's opening round of VG? I'm torn between Camilla and Lucina. Maybe, Ike... still haven't decided. The last time, I supported all losers, and didn't feel great.

Ninferno

Who are you supporting in tomorrow's opening round of VG? I'm torn between Camilla and Lucina. Maybe, Ike... still haven't decided. The last time, I supported all losers, and didn't feel great.

If you like one of the characters a lot, just support him/her;
if you are a feather hunter, wait for the 1st hour result;
if you are a lazy person like me but at the same time cares a bit about feathers, just pick someone of which you have a lv1 copy. :)

champloo

Going to side with Hector for carrying me through hell, multiple times.

Sushen

If you like one of the characters a lot, just support him/her;
if you are a feather hunter, wait for the 1st hour result;
if you are a lazy person but at the same time cares a bit about feathers like me, just pick someone of which you have a lv1 copy. :)
Level 1??? What use is it?

Ninferno

Yo Black Knight

Yo Nephenee

Holy shit. New Tellius banner/BK GHB incoming. CYL is bait CONFIRMED! Not going to spend a single orb in CYL then. If Nephenee's in, so will Mia I suppose.

BK's sprite carrying Alondite is looking great! I know where my next 20k feather is going.

Kenai

As for DC, at that point... why not just use Hector? The biggest knock on DC is that it undermines the effects of Urvan's secondary trigger. If he cannot kill a mage/archer/assassin in one hit that would otherwise be potentially neutered by Urvan's secondary effect, he's just setting himself up to be killed. Yes, DC Ike can counter Reinhardt but why not just use units who can do more than just counter Reinhardt and have much better stat spreads? Fae is a very good dragon, use her instead.

Ike has his anti-buff horse/flier Emblem stuffs, that's the whole reason the convo started. Lots of them aren't too great without their buffs, remember? And Horse/Flier Emblem is more than just Reinhart, Xander and SCam. Flier Emblem especially has sub par reds that are only there because they have no other options. That stat peel is *huge*. That's effectively a lot of extra "stats" for Ike vs those units. Plus, Ike isn't even *that* bad stat wise vs infantry, it's just Hector is better, and of course if infantry gets their own buffs and becomes more prominent Hector is going to be better in general vs them (unless, ironically Ike can also take advantage of said buffs).

My only real question at this point his how his stat peel interacts vs mounted -blade tome effects. Actually, that's a lie. I'm curious about all of his ability interactions!

Camilla for me, though I fully expect her to get wrecked by Lyn/Lucina if she scrapes by Tharja. I have everyone except Ike & Lucina, so I have plenty of options lol.

Just nephene makes me think ghb for black Knight and tempest trial reward giving nephenee.

That Probably means she'd be crap like the other TT tears units, lol.

Ninferno

Just nephene makes me think ghb for black Knight and tempest trial reward giving nephenee.

That Probably means she'd be crap like the other TT tears units, lol.

I think Nephenee is too popular for a giveaway. IS probably wouldn't want to throw away money like that.

Anyway, it's not like I'm that into Nephenee. She's also not carrying the Wishblade; I hope that means Tanith gets it:)

Black Knight is another story though; I hope IS does the series' iconic villain justice. Something like:
50/36/27/35/20
Weapon: Alondite. We all know what that does.
Special: Eclipse. Basically a 4CD version in the Moonbow/Luna line, enemy Def/Res -80%.
A: Triangle Adept. He trained very hard to defeat Axe Greil, let's acknowledge that.
B: Ashera's Blessing. Nullifies attacks from non-legendary weapons.
Nihil. Negates both parties' buffs (Hone/Fortify/Rally/Spur/Goad/Ward).

champloo

The Black Knight and Nephenee are exciting and all, but when will my girl Calill make an appearance?
probably never lol

The free CYL summon is confirmed to be neutral boon/bane.

Just did a story mission against Brave Ike. His weapon reduced the damage from the two consecutive hits from my QR Xander.

microfolk

Wow in the last 40 orbs I pulled a +SPD/-DEF S. Corrin, a shitty IV Eirika (which I could merge with my +SPD/-HP one) and +DEF/-RES Brave Lucina, which was the CYL hero I cared the most for after Lyn.

I am scared by how lucky I am being I'll never pull the furry daughters from Fate when they'll release them.

Now I remember why I hate gacha games to death. 250 saved orbs, no 5 stars until the very last pull and my pity rate gets blown on a useless Clair.

Last time I pulled, I got my pity rate broken by Clair that time too. Why do people actually spend money on this??

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Now I remember why I hate gacha games to death. 250 saved orbs, no 5 stars until the very last pull and my pity rate gets blown on a useless Clair.

Last time I pulled, I got my pity rate broken by Clair that time too. Why do people actually spend money on this??
Because they arent unlucky like you.

Alkez

So these units are confirmed to be in the gacha permanently. That's nice to know. I feel less required to push for Roy now.

Ninferno

Got my free pick Blyn as planned. Sorry Bike, but the gameplay reason is simply too strong for favoritism to make a case here.

Will need to wait a day until tomorrow when the SP bonus kicks in to start training her though; although I will definitely just keep her default kit, throw in Reposition/Draw back and call it a day.

G

ot lyn as freebie then did a pull...

And got Lyn again. Slightly kicking myself. Freebie lyn is neutral, second is+atk, - spd.

Not sure if I'll merge them.

Because they arent unlucky like you.

Saving up the equivalent of over £100 of orbs and not even pulling a single one of the focus units.
Nah. You'd have to have a serious gambling problem to think these things are worth a penny. (Not that that statement is. a surprise to heavy spenders, I'm sure).

Might just be done entirely after that.

Top Bottom