• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Ninferno

Running B!Lyn, B!Roy, Oscar, and Ninian

TT auto-battling favors survivability more than ORKO potentials; due to how stupid the AI is and how much it loves to leave your units wide open to enemy fire, the question is generally more about surviving long enough than killing enemies as fast as you can. While Blyn and Broy are absolutely fantastic units under player control, they are too squishy for the AI's liking. Switching them for bulkier units may yield you better results. Throwing in a healer might help too, for the same reason.

Firemind

BRoy is fine since he can more or less take two units out in one turn with Desperation and Galeforce

That team seems fine honestly if you swap Ninian out for a healer.

Also take Rally off Oscar. The AI just loves to waste a unit's turn buffing.

Rutger

Banned
I doubt, the leak with crimean banner didn't talk about Warriors banner but it said about a ganealody banner being in october.

If FE4 is their bait, then my orbs are safe for Halloween!

I would be in trouble if FE5 finally showed up or they give us more FE6.

Ninferno

BRoy is fine since he can more or less take two units out in one turn with Desperation and Galeforce

That team seems fine honestly if you swap Ninian out for a healer.

I have to disagree. Killing two enemies in one turn is not nearly as important as surviving two hits in TT auto-battling. It is not that Broy is bad; tankier units are just more suitable for long series of battles under the AI's control. Tanking an enemy hit, living to tell the tale and getting rehabed to full HP later is far better than killing two enemies then died.

ggx2ac

I was trying to look for that one cavalry team I lost to in Arena Assault a couple of weeks back because it had some expensive skills on the team.

Oh well.

Instead I took random screenshots of other heroes I ran into.

DKfvVXXUEAI1lup.jpg

Not bad, but then I saw another Kagero with 32HP, 32 Def and 35(?) Res and I'd prefer higher Def/Res over HP. But I didn't want to waste taking another screenshot.

Surprised this guy hasn't given his Sheena a Slaying Axe since it would boost Atk by 3. Unless... It's unnecessary due to how much damage Ignis deals.

So good.

Firemind

I have to disagree. Killing two enemies in one turn is not nearly as important as surviving two hits in TT auto-battling. It is not that Broy is bad; tankier units are just more suitable for long series of battles under the AI's control. Tanking an enemy hit, living to tell the tale and getting rehabed to full HP later is far better than killing two enemies then died.
Yeah, well, if you happen to have an Ike. Not everyone is so lucky lol

My point is it's difficult for the AI to screw up when you effectively have 5 units because of Heavy Blade + Galeforce.

Xander and other tanky reds still have bad resistance, speed and have trouble ORKOing.

Alucrid

Banned
I was trying to look for that one cavalry team I lost to in Arena Assault a couple of weeks back because it had some expensive skills on the team.

Oh well.

Not bad, but then I saw another Kagero with 32HP, 32 Def and 35(?) Res and I'd prefer higher Def/Res over HP. But I didn't want to waste taking another screenshot.

Surprised this guy hasn't given his Sheena a Slaying Axe since it would boost Atk by 3. Unless... It's unnecessary due to how much damage Ignis deals.

So good.

i wish i could be a whale

Sushen

Oh well.

So good.
These kinds of things make me lose the appetite for the game. While it’s somewhat amusing, I don’t look forward to face them. I barely played arenas this week and I’ll be likely slip down to tier 18; not that I care much any more. I hope the next update will boost my internet.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just realized that my Reinhardt is +atk, - res.

This is the first time I had some kind of luck with stats on a good unit.

NSESN

My Reinhardt is +atk -spd. That is better than -res/def/HP imo because he has decent res and def for a cavalry mage.

I have so many duplicate 3-stars unit I don't know what to do with them, upgrading all of them to 4-stars for better skill inheritance will become too expensive. Sending them home is a nono and their SI potential is not great most of the time. What to do ?

(I can upgrade my barracks but I'm already at 330 so don't want to spend to many orbs on that)

redcrayon

I have so many duplicate 3-stars unit I don't know what to do with them, upgrading all of them to 4-stars for better skill inheritance will become too expensive. Sending them home is a nono and their SI potential is not great most of the time. What to do ?

(I can upgrade my barracks but I'm already at 330 so don't want to spend to many orbs on that)
Why not send some of them home?

lt519

Lol Level 1 4* Virion + Nino + Ninian + Olivia wrecked Level 35 Camilla Map for the free 5 orbs.

Virion was level 10 by the time I was done.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just used the crystals to level virion up. I would never use them for units I care about so they've just been stockpiling.

OVDRobo

Made it to top 200 (192) by playing an incredibly ridiculous amount of TT (58,233 is currently my score, for reference)

I don't honestly care where I fall in the overall rankings by the end and was playing more because I've got a busy week coming up, but it feels nice to make it up this high, albeit temporarily, as someone who rarely gets above the mid-ranges.

Think it probably helped that I have 7 out of the 8 bonus units for this trial, all of which needed some form of levelling, as well as plenty of hero merit to catch up on for new units.

I didn't have a chance to use him until my last few runs but the Black Knight is a truly ridiculous unit in most ways. Definitely the best TT reward in a while and an interesting character in his respective games. Not doing any more outside of my 3 runs a day for bonuses to get all the rewards.

ChrisD

down to three orbs, I can't seem to work out how to beat Lunatic maps (despite having some top tier stuff D: ), and no luck getting Ninian. I have a 7% (3.5% x2) rate for Focus, so I'm just gonna save up until the last second and spend whatever I have on Blues. Will only be 11 or so, though.

I've pulled four friggin' potheads so far. Gosh, I hate Donnel. 😩

Meme Masked Marth is effectively complete. Going to eventually get darting blow 3. Breath of Life 3 is harder because Felicia is the only 4* with it and the one I have is another vanity project I'm creating.

Tripon

down to three orbs, I can't seem to work out how to beat Lunatic maps (despite having some top tier stuff D: ), and no luck getting Ninian. I have a 7% (3.5% x2) rate for Focus, so I'm just gonna save up until the last second and spend whatever I have on Blues. Will only be 11 or so, though.

I've pulled four friggin' potheads so far. Gosh, I hate Donnel. 😩

Mind posting screencaps of your units? Also, make sure you are using buffs and debuffs, in particular if you have enough Cav or Fliers with specific type buffs to help out.

ChrisD

Sure. By Rating + my current running team:

By Rarity:

I also have an Eliwood, Jagen, Peri, Cecilia, and Reinhardt. Not sure on their IVs. I can definitely throw together a Horse Emblem, I just don't know if it'd be strong enough for Lunatic and up without some serious investment. And I'm already putting most of my time this week into Tempest Trials.

Also, not gonna lie. I really like playing this game with my favorite/known characters, and Peri is the only one I listed above that I actually know. So it'd be like a group just thrown together for the heck of it. In that sense, you could say I'm just playing casual. But dang it, I want those Lunatic+ orbs. :S

If I can put Peri and somehow fit RegLucina into the team... Maybe I could inherit some Horse buffs onto her? Lol.

BK is just what I have been looking for. Going to slide right into my team of Hector, Effie, and Amelia.

Also over on my Alt it turns out Brave Lucina is a great Lancer to sub for Effie. She gets my +spd Hector to 36 Speed with spurs and support and will get BK to over 40 speed as well. If all the pieces line up my -spd Sheena can get to 38 Speed (Hone and Goad Armor and Lancina).

OVDRobo

Not the guy asking for your units but a couple of suggestions/thoughts:

1. You have a 4* Olivia. Why is the 3* version on your team?
2. Depending on how much you use that Lissa, it might be a good idea to skill inherit her Renewal 2 onto Brave Lucina. That'll let you recover 10HP every 3 turns which is pretty good for trials. You'll probably be cursing the amount of healers you'll pull in the future. Alternatively, Narcian has Lancebreaker 3 at 4* letting Brave Lucina eradicate most blues at over 50% health if you don't mind giving up a GHB unit.
3. Keep using Elincia in the trials. Being a 40% bonus unit makes her ridiculous. If you make it to 30000 you could use the 5* Black Knight with 20% bonus in place of Olivia to make things even easier.
4. Keep hold of that 5* Roderick. If you're not madly in love with the character then his weapon is one of the best in the game to be inherited onto a select few units.

edit: Just realized you might not be talking exclusively about trials, so some other advice:
Palla has a Moonbow special skill you can inherit on Elincia to massively increase her damage output while not being rare enough that you won't get another one soon.
Advice about Renewal/Lancebreaker for Brave Lucina still stands.
Nino's an excellent green mage unit if you're looking for your best green to upgrade. Frederick's also solid.

ChrisD

Not the guy asking for your units but a couple of suggestions/thoughts:

1. You have a 4* Olivia. Why is the 3* version on your team?
2. Depending on how much you use that Lissa, it might be a good idea to skill inherit her Renewal 2 onto Brave Lucina. That'll let you recover 10HP every 3 turns which is pretty good for trials. You'll probably be cursing the amount of healers you'll pull in the future. Alternatively, Narcian has Lancebreaker 3 at 4* letting Brave Lucina eradicate most blues at over 50% health if you don't mind giving up a GHB unit.
3. Keep using Elincia in the trials. Being a 40% bonus unit makes her ridiculous. If you make it to 30000 you could use the 5* Black Knight with 20% bonus in place of Olivia to make things even easier.
4. Keep hold of that 5* Roderick. If you're not madly in love with the character then his weapon is one of the best in the game to be inherited onto a select few units.

edit: Just realized you might not be talking exclusively about trials, so some other advice:
Palla has a Moonbow special skill you can inherit on Elincia to massively increase her damage output while not being rare enough that you won't get another one soon.
Advice about Renewal/Lancebreaker for Brave Lucina still stands.
Nino's an excellent green mage unit if you're looking for your best green to upgrade. Frederick's also solid.

4* Olivia was a recent pull, while the 3* was from back around launch and is Level 35 or something like that. So I just keep her in team. I plan on making them both 5* at some point.

I never thought of Inheritting the Lissa onto BLucina. I have five of her, if memory serves correctly, so I'm gonna do that. The Narcian is currently in my Flier-only team for Quests, but I can train up my second and Inherit him on. And I totally wanted Moonbow on Elincia, but I screwed up my Inherit Skill when I fed a Palla to her a few days ago, and used all three slots for Goad Fliers. Didn't know about using other Units to pre-fulfill those requirements until it was too late. :/ My current, second Palla is also on the Flier-only team, so I don't really want to feed her to Elincia at the moment.

Didn't know Nino was still considered that good. She certainly nukes well, but I rarely see her in Arena. I'll focus on her a bit. What am I missing with Frederick, though? I got him to Level 40 back near launch, but he just seems so underwhelming nowadays. Everything kills him, and he doesn't deal nearly enough.

Thanks for all the info/advice!

I dunno maybe someday they will be useful
I have this problem hahaha. It's a lot like potion hoarding in RPGs.

Acerac

Banned
Whoo! Pulled Ike on my last set of orbs along with a Cain and a Roy which are awesome units for inheritance. He has pretty terrible IVs with -spd +res, but at least he isn't -att meaning he can still run heavy blade (I do NOT have spare Hinatas).

Even with -spd I'm sure he'll work just fine in the TT, it'll be nice to put my 4* Soren back on the bench as I go back to wondering why Brave Ike isn't a 40% bonus unit.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

By Rarity:

I also have an Eliwood, Jagen, Peri, Cecilia, and Reinhardt. Not sure on their IVs. I can definitely throw together a Horse Emblem, I just don't know if it'd be strong enough for Lunatic and up without some serious investment. And I'm already putting most of my time this week into Tempest Trials.

Also, not gonna lie. I really like playing this game with my favorite/known characters, and Peri is the only one I listed above that I actually know. So it'd be like a group just thrown together for the heck of it. In that sense, you could say I'm just playing casual. But dang it, I want those Lunatic+ orbs. :S

If I can put Peri and somehow fit RegLucina into the team... Maybe I could inherit some Horse buffs onto her? Lol.

One thing I think you are missing is reposition skills. They are vital to staying alive in the harder difficulty maps. Ideally you want to have reposition on your most mobile units say the Brave Lyn or Elincia, or both. You probably also want either drag back or swap on Brave Lucina.

With Brave Lyn especially, you can do hit and run shenanigans like use her to attack, dance her, then use her to go behind the dancer and reposition the dancer behind her to safety.

Shinypogs

Ike will continue to be there, limited/seasonal units will not. Better to save and pull for those ( when ike will then show up to break your pity rate for a seasonal red because of course he would)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ugh I hate that every has free horse Lyn. So annoying for arena assault. 7 of her every time

Sushen

BK is darn good and probably will be in every team for a few weeks especially he’ll be a bonus unit next time. Not sure how to feel about it.

Busaiku

Ugh, Tempest Trials on hard gets like no points.
I don't have to do any work, but maybe it's better to just grind my way through.

Tripon

Ugh, Tempest Trials on hard gets like no points.
I don't have to do any work, but maybe it's better to just grind my way through.

Just do the 2nd hardest and auto battle, it'll net you 500+ points if you survive with your first team, and 480+ with your 2nd team.

RedCoyote

So is Black Knight definitively better than Zeph? Just 5*'d Zeph, :0
They function a little differently, and it's not a bad idea to have both for stuff like Arena Assault. I've already seen a lot of people use BK in defensive Arena teams, but despite having a more useful sword, he's been easier to handle than Zephiel since he would never want to use Wary Fighter, and has poorer stats except Spd.

Speaking of Arena Assault, I've been running into a ton of armor teams, so many that I had to use Tobin, Narcian, and Clive. I'm considering training up some low-investment armor killing units like Bartre and Oboro.

Cerium

Just do the 2nd hardest and auto battle, it'll net you 500+ points if you survive with your first team, and 480+ with your 2nd team.
I've found that running full Horse Emblem produces the best results for me. It works more often than not.

B!Lyn, B!Roy, Gronnblade+ Cecilia, Oscar

Everyone's got pony buffs and the battles fly by.

A couple frustrating issues I've noticed:

• Units running right into color banes. This is especially a problem with Oscar and his Sapphire Lance.
  • Dumb AI will run my Brave Lyn into narrow spots where she literally gets trapped and doesn't attack or move until she gets killed.

Tripon

I've found that running full Horse Emblem produces the best results for me. It works more often than not.

B!Lyn, B!Roy, Gronnblade+ Cecilia, Oscar

Everyone's got pony buffs and the battles fly by.

A couple frustrating issues I've noticed:

• Units running right into color banes. This is especially a problem with Oscar and his Sapphire Lance.
  • Dumb AI will run my Brave Lyn into narrow spots where she literally gets trapped and doesn't attack or move until she gets killed.
If you have a horse healer, unequip her attack staff and make sure she has rehabilitation. She will run around the map and heal or do nothing. Run either renewal or live to serve 3 if you have Elise to keep the healer alive. If you have Miracle, that can have her survive a hit along enough to get some HP back on player phase.

Top Bottom