• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninferno

Brave users should not be in range during EP anyway. The meta mages will kill her before she can use Vantage or counter.

True, and I won't argument with that general principle. What I was saying is, Distant Counter does enable that Cherche to bait (which fliers are very good at), say Lindes. I'm not advocating this as the best build ever; I only meant it does add some extra utility. Maybe that player has found 2 hits of 50 ATK is enough to kill everything he wants Cherche to kill so Death Blow is redundant. Hence he went with Distant Counter instead. Or maybe this Cherche is only on his defense team, I'm just saying.

champloo

True, and I won't argument with that general principle. What I was saying is, Distant Counter does enable that Cherche to bait (which fliers are very good at), say Lindes. I'm not advocating this as the best build ever; I only meant it does add some extra utility. Maybe that player has found 2 hits of 50 ATK is enough to kill everything he wants Cherche to kill so Death Blow is redundant. Hence he went with Distant Counter instead. Or maybe this Cherche is only on his defense team, I'm just saying.

I'd believe it's a build for defense, where the goal is to be annoying, not to survive.

Xetherion

I gave my Kagero Swift Sparrow since i ended up with an extra Blucina from the Spring banner. Been loving it so far. Dont' care about Fury going with Reprisal because Reprisal is trash and i plan to replace it.

I have been debating what B skill to give her, Seal X doesn't seem like a good choice as she almost always OHKO whatever she hits. Been thinking about Swordbreaker since they are usually the fastest units and that would enable to her to definitely ORKO all of the infantry swords.

Wings of Mercy for warping shenanigans could be fun though.

spiritfox

Hmm, now I wonder what's the most annoying defense build we can build. Maybe multiple dancers with WoM and weapon unequipped supporting like Rein or a Brave user?

Ninferno

I gave my Kagero Swift Sparrow since i ended up with an extra Blucina from the Spring banner. Been loving it so far. Dont' care about Fury going with Reprisal because Reprisal is trash and i plan to replace it.

I have been debating what B skill to give her, Seal X doesn't seem like a good choice as she almost always OHKO whatever she hits. Been thinking about Swordbreaker since they are usually the fastest units and that would enable to her to definitely ORKO all of the infantry swords.

Vantage is good for units with high OHKO potential.

champloo

It depends on her role with your team I guess. I run Vantage on my +atk Kagero and wouldn't go with anything else.

There was a game which she single-handedly ended on the first turn, on that twin wall map, the enemies didn't even break the wall, they just ran into their demise lol

champloo

Nowi, Reinhardt, Freddy, Hana.. Not a bad banner?

Man.. more Reinhardts gonna be running around. He is the most painful dude to deal with already.

probably the easiest GHB lol. The only real requirements for this one were having a level 40 Mage and a dancer. you could run a lvl 1 3 star olivia and probably beat this one.

Ninferno

Easily done. Reinhardt does some good work as expected. Fun map as always.

This banner though, it's really good with 2 top tier blues. If I don't already have a +1 neutral Nowi on my main and a Reinhardt (not +Atk, but not +Spd either) on my alt, I would have dumped some serious orbs into it.

I have to hold on to my Celica war chest, I have to summon all my strength to fight the temptation. Please be good, Celica...

Yep that was easy enough with mage users, drawback and dancers. Tried for the new banner and only got 1 useful skill foddler, that's me done with this banner

Roman

Free wary fighter 3... alright

was kinda hoping life or death 3 would be at 4 stars

yall think big Zeph is good?

No, Draug is better.

I applied a similar strategy to the posters above - Reinhardt, Olivia, Fae (to Draw Back), and Lucina to heal (but she did nothing the whole time). Reinhardt did all the damage. If you feel frustrated and can't beat this map, seriously consider pulling for Reinhardt, he is that good.

Theosmeo

No, Draug is better.

I applied a similar strategy to the posters above - Reinhardt, Olivia, Fae (to Draw Back), and Lucina to heal (but she did nothing the whole time). Reinhardt did all the damage. If you feel frustrated and can't beat this map, seriously consider pulling for Reinhardt, he is that good.

he has a lotta bulk and thats about it.

Yeah I thought that much, doesn't seem like he has the attack to be red effie either. Hope lloyd or xander are good but they probably don't want to give away a good unit. Just wish these had a better reward

Roman

Yeah I thought that much, doesn't seem like he has the attack to be red effie either. Hope lloyd or xander are good but they probably don't want to give away a good unit. Just wish these had a better reward

From the datamine, Xander looks amazing actually - I am really looking forward to him. Siegfried has distant counter built in, just like Raijinto, and he has a lot of bulk. He would fit perfectly on my horse emblem team, but can in general be used as a Ryoma replacement with Quick Riposte and Fury.

13randO

Man, Yamada Akihiro always kills it whenever he does art for this game. He always does 4 unique poses for each hero he illustrates; not to mention that the art itself looks phenomenal. Always nice to add a character he worked on to the playable roster.

EDIT: LMAO These voice lines are too much.

Looks like Hector isn't quite as useful this time around. Spring Camilla, Linde, and Olivia sure had fun though.

Not looking forward to the incoming horde of Reinhardts in the arena.

DooD1234

My Spring Camilla basically solo this with Gronnblade. Used Olivia for dancing reason, Hinoka with Hone flier and traingle adept 2 and reposition, and Cherche was just there to reposition Hinoka out of danger after tanking and killing red Mage and buff Spring Camilla with Fortify flier. Easiest GHB yet. Now to wait and see how MKV beat this using only free 3* only units.

As for the banner, I really want to pull for Nowi but knowing my luck I'll just get more 3* FCorrin instead. Already got a +Atk Reinhart I just recently promoted and geez this guy is great even without Horse Emblem shenanigans. Just going to save orbs for the Celica banner. Here hoping she's good.

From the datamine, Xander looks amazing actually - I am really looking forward to him. Siegfried has distant counter built in, just like Raijinto, and he has a lot of bulk. He would fit perfectly on my horse emblem team, but can in general be used as a Ryoma replacement with Quick Riposte and Fury.
You think so? I'm really hoping Xander is actually good since most of these GHB characters are only okay at best from what I keep reading. I think he will fit in perfectly for my Horse Emblem since I can't get Leo with red blade tome.

Roman

So I rolled on this banner and got my best pull in a long time.

.eJwVzMENwyAMAMBdGAAbYhqcbRBBBCnECNxX1d2r3gD3Me95m8NcqmMdAGdbWeZpl8pMtdgqUu-SRls2S4ekmvLVy6ML_O5ewW-eAyISE0bYkIKnSMQ7O3YRGVr_N-Op5vsDvmch0Q.FmFrfEMgS9lDHLxwhGGSSqi_FUI

Beat it with Sanaki, Robin, Michalis and Sharena. Got myself into a bad situation where Sharena had to eat a brave axe but she managed with plenty of HP to spare

Navarre was easier imo. I can see they're gonna continue this trend of wider maps instead of having to have of unit eat a barrage of attacks before you can even proceed. If they're gonna go that route I wouldn't mind seeing even more BS enemies.

Is ghetto Ryoma, I mean Xander up next?

Roman

You think so? I'm really hoping Xander is actually good since most of these GHB characters are only okay at best from what I keep reading. I think he will fit in perfectly for my Horse Emblem since I can't get Leo with red blade tome.

This is from the datamine:

Not the highest Atk and obviously awful Spd but hits hard enough and tanks enough damage to be a really good Quick Riposte tank. He's almost like a red Hector with worse stats but on a horse.

champloo

Beat it with Sanaki, Robin, Michalis and Sharena. Got myself into a bad situation where Sharena had to eat a brave axe but she managed with plenty of HP to spare

Navarre was easier imo. I can see they're gonna continue this trend of wider maps instead of having to have of unit eat a barrage of attacks before you can even proceed. If they're gonna go that route I wouldn't mind seeing even more BS enemies.

Is ghetto Ryoma, I mean Xander up next?

Yep he is next. But really? ghetto Ryoma? what a disgrace..

Roman

Not at all "ghetto", especially for Pony Emblem.

The stat difference of Xander vs. Ryoma is:

+3 HP / -2 Atk / -11 Spd / +10 Def / -4 Res

Trunx28

The Zephiel level was really nice, had to use more strategy then most of the times. Nino with drawback was killer, Olivia danced her best and Sharena buffed Klein so high that he killed Zephiel at the end. Loved it. Now to train that smug bastard and use the 3* to give his powers to someone else.

Theosmeo

Not at all "ghetto", especially for Pony Emblem.

The stat difference of Xander vs. Ryoma is:

+3 HP / -2 Atk / -11 Spd / +10 Def / -4 Res

Fury/QR/Vantage could make him shine, seems good but only as bait. That's not killing anything thats not green

Yep he is next. But really? ghetto Ryoma? what a disgrace..

Let's be real. We'd all prefer lobster boy.

I don't think I'd really want a red tank in this meta. Not enough green melee to justify it. I already made a green brick with Michalis and Xander would have to have more or less the same build with a worse colour.

Ah, so Armor Emblem shows its face...

Beat Zephiel first try with Lucina, Corrin(F), Linde, and Azura. Seemed a lot easier than all the other challenges so I don't think I'll do a write-up of how I did it or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom