• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

Hmm... This Chrom talk is pretty interesting.

I pulled a +ATK/-HP Chrom the other day so the Brave Sword build I see on the link seems like it'd be pretty effective.

I wish so many of my favourite units didn't require quick riposte at this point. That the best version is only available on 5* units is a real pain, even with my luck of pulling a 5* Leo and 5* Subaki once.

Add to that the cost of obtaining the best Brave Sword (+) and... yeah. Chrom probably isn't worth that level of investment. Particularly with characters like Ike out there.

He's hideous. Map was pretty simple. Hector ate the cavalry archer then used vantage bonfire on the blue mage. From there it was just clean up and Sanaki blew up Lloyd.

Ninferno

Well, the GHB was easier than I thought. I don't have Hector but QR Nowi ate bow knight, lancer knight and Lloyd with ease, and Nino blew up the axe pegasus and blue mage.

The Battling Lloyd banner looks decent enough. Klein, Ninian, and Hinoka are all great; Ninian brings back much horror memories of the hundreds of orbs I spent for her back in the Blazing Shadow banner only to get jack shit though...

Well, right now all my orbs are reserved for my pursue of Celica anyway so it's not like I'm going to fall for this trap again. Celica is not a trap; Celica is life.

The Battling Lloyd banner looks decent enough. Klein, Ninian, and Hinoka are all great; Ninian brought back much horror memories of the hundreds of orbs I spent for her back in the Blazing Shadow banner only to get jack shit though...

I should have remembered that ordeal before I wasted the 20 orbs we got. Go to hell Ninian. I've pulled 2 Azuras since then. I don't even need her anymore
tlT41lt.png

Golnei

Hinoka and Ninian would be nice, but I don't particularly need either; so I'll try and avoid my Blazing Shadows mistakes as well.

Wouldn't Lloyd have looked great with AKIRA doing his artwork instead of the Wrys guy?

I should probably pull on colorless stones now since I'm in the market for a Klein, and a better natured Saizo.

Wouldn't Lloyd have looked great with AKIRA doing his artwork instead of the Wrys guy?
Lloyd's art is beyond disappointing. I was looking at the artist's twitter account, and they're more than capable of producing work that would better suit the character, so I'm not sure what happened here. At least his voice is nice.

Octagon

I wanted Ninian but got Klein. One more archer and I can start an archer only team with Jeorge, Takumi, Klein and ??.
It is my destiny. -_-

OVDRobo

Hmm... Pulled a Ninian with 15 orbs.

I didn't even particularly want her. I was just rolling for Hinoka or Raven for merges. Guess I have a better dancer than Olivia now.

Seems to be +DEF/-RES, for whatever that's worth.

Hector was the MVP of the map. I brought along Robin, Azura, Hector, and Sanaki. I used Robin and Sanaki to buff Hector's ATK and DEF, and he took out the Blue Mage and Bow Knight. Hector retaliated against the Lance Cavalier, and Sanaki killed the Pegasus with the help of Azura's dance all on the next turn. Lloyd was easily dispatched thereafter.

This week of Arena is looking a little rough. I haven't leveled up Xander, so I'm using a 4* Shanna. The flying utility is great, but her damage is bad. It's really tough.

If I fail to get a perfect streak, I'll likely remain in tier 16. I'm also pretty worried that I won't be able to get a high Defense score this season, either.

The battling Lloyd banner is very good, but I'll just stockpile feathers and Orbs. I have 100K Feathers and 97 Orbs, which is still not enough to fully invest in my opinion.

Spoit

I didn't learn from the hundreds of orbs I spent chasing ninian before, and now I'm over the unit cap. I think the easiest way to clear box space would probably be merging these cecillias towards 4* +10. Which is better, +atk and -hp or -res

Spent more orbs than planned but I got a 5* Klein. I almost wished he was a 4* since I just wanted him for Deathblow fodder. Now I'm not sure if I should hold onto him for a bit and see if I get a 4* in the near future.

OVDRobo

Hector/Ephraim/Ike/Raven did it for me. One and done on both versions of the GHB.

Smite Hector across the river with Raven. 1RKO the blue mage and finish the archer with 2HP left.

Ike lured down the flying green for the kill. Raven killed the blue cavalry and Ephraim repositioned him to safety then tanked Lloyd to finish.

That said, I'm aware my team is incredibly overpowered with Ike, Hector and Ephraim and this might be a bit of a challenge for numerous other teams. Lacking Hector in particular could make things difficult, though I imagine my strange Iote's shield Beruka could've fulfilled a similar role with a bit of planning.

redcrayon

Effie, Camilla, Azura, Ryoma for me.

Effie pivots over Camilla (hovering over the river) and then steps east to trigger those enemies to attack. She tanks the damage then pivots back again, with Azura helping her get out of harms way and leaving those enemies out of position. Ryoma then lured down the green Pegasus, before using reciprocal aid to pass his HP to Effie. Effie then tanks Lloyd, and the rest of it is a slow retreat, luring the mounted archer forward until Camilla can jump forward and take him and the Mage out with her brave axe.

Easiest lunatic GHB yet for me, but I think that's because my 5* options are rounding out now.

Getting a tough unit over that river to break up the enemy formation rather than trigger them all at once does seem to be the key to this one.

Ryoma/Frederick/Linde/Olivia did the trick for the GBH. Baited the archer with Fred, then Linde finished off Lloyd. Moved her and Frederick to safety with Reposition/Swap and some dances. Ryoma baited the flier. Linde healed Ryoma to activate Desperation. Then everyone retreated back to first position where we lured the final three units which Frederick and Linde picked off one by one with Olivia's help.

Westlo

Would really like Hinoka and/or Ninian.

Get 20 orbs bonus so I can do a full pull.

Get 4 blue and 1 red...

Get 2 Robins, 1 Odin, 1 Cordelia and a Henry.... fml....

Now I have 9 Robins.... 3 4-star and 6 3-stars....

_Legacy_

Glad we got the bonus items today, although I was hoping for more orbs (EDIT: nvm, somehow missed I got 20).

Didn't even to use smite for the Lloyd map, just used Tharja, Julia, Nowi and Azura. Easy mode really (took me two tries though, I didn't check the Lancer had dragback).

macklelol

Got an Olwen, 5* Effie, and Hinoka from this new banner. Three 5*s for 60 orbs or so is great, even though they all ended up with mediocre/bad boon/banes.

In retrospect, I probably didn't need to pull for another Hinoka, but it's too late for that lol.

Rolled got SI bait/trash in Gordin, a that old fart healer whom I immediately sent home because fuck him, and a 4* Fredderick and Peri whom both have bad boon/bane. Freddy is +SPD, -DEF and Peri is +ATK,-SPD. So into the trash they go as well. Also did two test pulls and got trash 3* not even good for skill inheritance.

God I'll never get to make a Cavalry team.

Sölf

Alright, after dieing twice on hard, I managed to beat lunatic after 3 attempts. Changed my team a bit though.

Team:
- Young Tiki (+HP Seal, which was necessary)
- Cordelia
- Kagero
- Julia

All were 5*, Young Tiki was +1, all level 40. No optimal Skill Inheritance in the slightest.

First, I move Julia within Range of the mounted archer so that only he could attack her. Kagero was below here, Young Tiki to the left, Cordelia to the right (out of range of everything). Julia brought the Archer down to around 22 HP or something. Everything moved and the blue mount moved the archer behind him. Next turn, everything moved so that no one was in attack range of anything. I think Julia moved 2 tiles down, Young Tiki stand where she was, Kagero I think could also remain there and Cordelia move either on or behind the mountain on the left side of the river.
Next turn, Cordelia killed the archer and was pushed over the river by Young Tiki, who inherited the 2 tile push skill. This was also necessary for my tactic to work. Kagero and Julia both attacked Linus and Tiki was blocking the path. She now had to survive both the blue horse and Linus, which wasn't possible without the +HP seal for mew (42 HP and 42 damage taken without the seal). Linus gets counterkilled and the horse swaps position with Tiki, who had 3 HP left.
Next turn, Kagero and Julia (and if necessary, also Tiki) kill the blue mounted unit. Cordelia kills the blue mage and escapes to the south after Galeforce activates. Now you only have to retreat to the bottom left corner and lure the axe flier into range of your units, so you can kill him.

Hector really breaks pve lol. Mine is +Spd so what generally tends to happen is after getting a speed buff I throw him to the wolves, he gets hit and doesn't get doubled and then doubles himself. The next thing that approaches him gets hit with a vantage bonfire to the face and that's 2 units gone instantly. Then from there it's vantage city.

He feels like a cheat code

Mupod

I was so pissed off at seeing Ninian's stupid face again I put my 35 orbs into the Celica banner. Got a +DEF -HP 5* Sanaki so...at least it was a red tome! I'll be giving red sniping a rest from now on, no Hinata yet but I am super topheavy on reds.

Also found a 4* Henry and immediately gave G Tomebreaker to Hector. I rarely get use out of Vantage and I think this should make my main trio more self-sufficient - relying on Roy simply hasn't been working. But I'll switch back in Vantage when I have a distant counter red, or for PVE.

Speaking of which, I dealt with Lloyd the way I planned - used Lucina to Smite Hector across the river. But my math was off a little and the blue tome survived with 1HP, the bow cavalry was able to kill him after that. Nothing a Hone Atk buff couldn't fix. The problem then was that Lloyd's AI decided that going after Azura was a bad idea and started making a beeline for Hector, who was cornered. Thankfully Fury Linde was able to get into his range and tank a hit, although just barely as she'd already lost some HP. Too bad Lloyd sucks...

Cryxok

I can see this map being very tough without him. Hopefully, there's a good substitute for those who don't have him.

I don't have Hector either. I just upgraded my Xander to 5* hoping he is a good substitute (gave him Quick Riposte as well, so he's basically a poor man's red/mounted Hector a this point)

_Legacy_

Celica not dropping for me at all, even after 40 orbs and pulling only reds. This is the worst rng I've had on any banner in this game.

I never got Linde and I'm grossly ashamed at the amount of blue orbs I pulled. What I learned when it comes to whaling is do it right or don't do it at all.

Mupod

Celica not dropping for me at all, even after 40 orbs and pulling only reds. This is the worst rng I've had on any banner in this game.

Shit dude lemme find my tiny violin.

Jokes aside that really does sound insane to me, having gone 250-300 sniping for one character and getting no 5* at all on two occasions. Although my luck turned around lately and I've just about tripled the number of 5s I had in just a few weeks. I mostly went after reds on this one and I found Roy, Genny and Sanaki in I think 70-ish orbs? Celica would've been nice but I'll live.

WhyMe6

I went ahead and bought 40 orbs (first time buying) for the best girl Celica and fortunately managed to get her. I was initially disappointed with her being +Def/-Res, but with an HP+3 seal and a good build she wins against the majority of the cast (~100 wins on that mass duel simulator against non-SI characters). She even beats regular Nowi, which surprised me. She's amazing. Distant Def 3 is great in-game too because she tanks hits surprisingly well, even Blue Mages.

Mupod

If the patterns we've been observing hold, Sharena and Olivia will be bonus units next season. I don't think anyone will bother using Lloyd, lol.

_Legacy_

I was pulling for her before today as well

EDIT:
Shit dude lemme find my tiny violin.

Jokes aside that really does sound insane to me, having gone 250-300 sniping for one character and getting no 5* at all on two occasions. Although my luck turned around lately and I've just about tripled the number of 5s I had in just a few weeks. I mostly went after reds on this one and I found Roy, Genny and Sanaki in I think 70-ish orbs? Celica would've been nice but I'll live.

I finally got her after dropping a little bit of cash, was reluctant to do it but oh well. 250-300 without any 5* is insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom