• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

If I were to play a fire emblem game on 3DS which is the best one? I've played the franchise back in game boy advance days.

It looks like awakening is out of print and fates vs SoV?

Best score yet. Got 4844 with Nowi, Xander, Ryoma, Hector. Not sure how that well that will shake out in tier 18 though.

Running full team of DC has been great. It's really fun using mages' range against them and baiting them on opening turns.

Weebos

Banned
If I were to play a fire emblem game on 3DS which is the best one? I've played the franchise back in game boy advance days.

Awakening would be my go to recommendation of the three on 3DS. If that isn't an option check out SoV.

I really enjoyed Fates as well, but it is a bit more complicated and convoluted than Awakening or SoV.

Mupod

I haven't played SoV, but I liked Awakening a lot. Fates never really grabbed me. I got the SE day 1 and I never finished all 3 routes.

Kenai

Awakening has better overall presentation imo, but Fates, specifically Conquest, has some of my favorite maps in the series where Awakening's can be very boring (sans DLC, some of those are alright).

I haven't cracked open SoV yet but I will soon. I've been told that it does a lot of things different from what's on the 3DS already (not necessarily good or bad).

kswiston

After the Celica banner, I'd guess. I have 1 orb. Oh well.

I was tempted to spend the 20 we got recently, but held off. I still have some of the world of shadows stuff to do, so I can probably get to 40 in time for the next banner.

Can't wait to pull those Ests and Shannas!

Screenshot_2017-05-23-14-01-42.png

...are 4*+10s with 5* weapons starting to become a more common thing?

Mupod

definitely. People are starting to amass lots of duplicate units, storage space is limited and it's becoming more common knowledge that they are more powerful than a base 5*. Easier to find optimal IVs too.

Still wouldn't call them common, but I see one or two per run. Mostly Olivia.

Probably. It is a lot less resources to get a higher power level character than merging 5*. I think anything beyond 4*+4 is better than an unmerged 5*.

I got the equivalent of a 5* Cecilia by merging 5 4*s, so any more that I get will make her even better than a 5*. And being she is summonable at 3*/4* I am quite sure I'll get more. I have still have a 1* and 2* I could level and merge.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think it's the cheaper choice, feather-wise. A 4* +10 unit has the same stats as a 5* +5 unit, but is way easier to get. Easier to get a good IV for, too, since you get so many lower star units.

If you have a common unit, aren't looking to whale the fuck out, and you're looking to change the unit's weapon anyway, then a 4* +10 is probably cheaper and more viable in the long run than going for a 5* +5 or higher.

Mupod

Probably. It is a lot less resources to get a higher power level character than merging 5*. I think anything beyond 4*+4 is better than an unmerged 5*.

I got the equivalent of a 5* Cecilia by merging 5 4*s, so any more that I get will make her even better than a 5*. And being she is summonable at 3*/4* I am quite sure I'll get more. I have still have a 1* and 2* I could level and merge.

I think +5 is where they hit parity, but at +6 they seem to get an extra point in their boon stat and HP. My +6 Hana is the same as a 5* but with more speed, for example. I figure she's a fine investment in case I ever get a 5* Cain or some other useless brave sword+ holder.

Not the first 4*+10 I've seen with a 5* weapon for that matter...

It's cheaper feather wise I guess. I feel like merging a 5* into your 4* is going a tad too far though, personally.

That's the biggest mental hurdle is sacrificing a 5* to a 4*. However, you would have to merge 5 5*s to have the same power level as a 4*+10, and the latter is far more achievable.

Reminds me, I have a 5* Nino and several of her at 3/4*. 🤔

Zafir

That's the biggest mental hurdle is sacrificing a 5* to a 4*. However, you would have to merge 5 5*s to have the same power level as a 4*+10, and the latter is far more achievable.

Reminds me, I have a 5* Nino and several of her at 3/4*. 🤔
Sure, but I feel like it's something only the real hardcore will do.

I mean in doing that you're shoving yourself against all the whales who do have 5*+5 and worse.

Akuun

True, but after a certain point there isn't much else to do in this game besides try to build a team that can take on the whales. My team is all unmerged 5* units, and I've just been trying to find ways to up my arena score ever since. I run into +1 to +3 units fairly regularly, but my score's not high enough to take on the teams full of +5 and higher stuff.

Everyone seems to have Distant Counter, though. I feel for all those Hectors that people sacrifice.

Theosmeo

I would like more 3 *s though

maybe a bunch of fodder from tellius/jugdral/valentia/magvel because we have less than 10 units from those continents. Also I'd like access to LnD3/QR3/DB3 because come on those are so critical. More exclusive weapons on random people like Parthia or Durandal.

Wiseblade

My Horse Team is Rein (DB3), Xander (TA3, QR2 & Fortify Cavalry), Cecilia (Blade & Hone Cavalry) and... Peri. She was the highest resistance Cavalry option I had. She's pretty much just a Hone battery though.

Sushen

I'm in the state that I don't need any more units in my teams. However, I've got a bunch of half done units that I'm either waiting for the skills, SP, or feathers.

Unfortunately, summoning is the only way to get skills to inherit. If they provide other ways to get skills in regular basis, I don't care much about the orbs or lack there of.

champloo

Reading through your posts, I'm starting to regret 5*'ing my Cecilia a bit.. for the price I paid on her, I could have a 4* +8 version right now.

Guess I'll just have to make her 5* +10 one day, lol

btw. I'm running Leo, Spring Xander, Cecilia as my horse team. To the contrary of popular opinion, Leo and Spring Xander are doing very well for me, although I may switch Spring Xander out for Camus, whenever he comes out.

Sushen

If I were to use Sharena at 4*, what would be the best setup for the arena? Since I have nothing better to do after collecting very last orb, trying to prepare for next week's arena. The rest of the team maybe either 3 men horse emblem or Reinhardt, Azura, Ryoma or Reinhardt, Nino, Ryoma.

Either Sharena need to kill red units or play as buff bot.

spiritfox

If I were to use Sharena at 4*, what would be the best setup for the arena? Since I have nothing better to do after collecting very last orb, trying to prepare for next week's arena. The rest of the team maybe either 3 men horse emblem or Reinhardt, Azura, Ryoma or Reinhardt, Nino, Ryoma.

Either Sharena need to kill red units or play as buff bot.

She has 2 buffs out of the box so she can act as Nino's buffbot. If you're willing to do SI maybe replace Fortify Def with Hone Spd so she can be discount Eirika.

Vena

I know the tower does whatever it wants but

Wat
Has the tower been bsing stats this whole time and I just never noticed

Yes. It makes shit up as it goes along. There have been images of 1 defense units, for instance.

I ran into an Olwen with 30 attack with Dire Thunder+ at the 10th Stratum, personally.

MANUELF

Banned
Hate these new arena maps but at least I already got my defense win and did my 4k+ win, I must Get a better score because I doubt I will Get to rank 18 with it

kewlmyc

So, is it better to go for with two Ward Calvary and two Goad Calvary units, or for the full team of Ward, Goad, Hone, and Fortify Calvary?

Ninferno

Done all the new quests and got that 12 orbs, made some final desperate pushes for Celica, only to receive my 7th and 8th Laslows, 6th Eliwood, and 9th Stahl of course. IdontknowWhatIWasExpecting.jpg

PS It's funny we are getting this pseudo-arena experience with the reuse of familiar maps.

Wiseblade

So, is it better to go for with two Ward Calvary and two Goad Calvary units, or for the full team of Ward, Goad, Hone, and Fortify Calvary?
Ward and Goad free up your positioning a lot more, but you'll want Hone & Fortify if you have a Blade user on the team.

Double hone and 1 fortify seems to be best to spread around the buffs. If you're running Reinhardt let him keep goad. This is assuming a 4 horse team though. With 3, give Reinhardt hone. and let the blade tome get both buffs.

Ran into a 3 horse team of Eliwood with distant counter, Cecelia (Gronblade+) and Reinhardt (DB3, attack boon monstrosity). Was a straight up nightmare. I bet that guy cruises every week with that setup.

Weebos

Banned
Bah, with the new orbs today I'll get up to 19.

I've been red sniping anyway, but it would have been nice to do a 5 pull for old times sake.

Mupod

I'll probably sit on my orbs and try for a bonus unit next banner. Moving forward this seems like the only logical thing to do since my team is fine.

The new quests were fun but I breezed through most of them, still have hard mode of the last one to do. These are pretty much just arena teams that I'd consider a cakewalk, but I like the concept and it'd be cool if this is a regular feature. Especially if they put in real developer arena teams with inheritance.

Edit: oh, got a defense with Roy/Azura/Hector/Linde. Was worried because I tried all kinds of teams last week and never got one past my first two on day 1. I should just have faith in Hector.

Sushen

An easy 12 orbs and some resources, I'll take it.
I just beat trial 1 levels. I won't call them easy, though. Even trial 1 hard got my horse emblem team some workout.

BTW if this is how they want to replace daily free orbs, I like it.

Update: trial 2 was super easy.

Mupod

oh of course I get the goddamn breakable walls map as my final match. Got put in a no-win situation and had to either give up Linde or Roy. I still have no idea how the AI chooses when it'll break walls or not, so there's just no safe moves.

I'm still pretty high up in the rankings of T17 but still.

Also I guess everyone has Azura now. Speaking of unpredictable, I don't know what dancers will do either. I thought I got lucky that time because she danced Hector through a wall into Roy, instead of the swordbreaker Ike standing next to him. It does seem like dancers prioritize armor units which has made things easier, but they do strange things so often it's hard to be sure.

Akuun

I'm not too sure what dancers will do either. I usually assume the worst case scenario with them just to be safe. I find that dancers will attack instead of dancing if an enemy is in range, but that's about it.

It's definitely irritating to see everyone and their mother running Azura. Makes matches so much harder to handle.

Sterok

Was fun switching around my team to get an appropriate composition for each map. Mostly pretty easy, but 3 was tricky because bridges suck. Cherche saved the day there though. Map 5 was also hard with Klein exploding Hector until I swapped him out for Robin. Smooth sailing from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom