• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVDRobo

So IS just gave up and went with the 'we can have horse emblem and you can't' approach for this map. Oh, and they have a bow cavalry, 6 units, buffed stats, and the player loses if a single unit dies. Great design as usual 👏.

Maybe for the next infernal GHB they should just give all the enemies guns.

Managed Hard and Lunatic without much issue, at least.

Been out of the game/loop for about a week now, but have been collecting my daily rewards. Now sitting on 40+ orbs

Jesus so many new characters outta nowhere...Whats the best banner to roll on right now?

Roman

So IS just gave up and went with the 'we can have horse emblem and you can't' approach for this map. Oh, and they have a bow cavalry, 6 units, buffed stats, and the player loses if a single unit dies. Great design as usual ��.

Maybe for the next infernal GHB they should just give all the enemies guns.

Managed Hard and Lunatic without much issue, at least.

I think that's intended to be the point with top end difficulty challenges in gacha. You are supposed to look into what you have available and think about alternatives.

I usually rely on cavalry and simply can't do it here, although someone else did.

It took me many tries and increasing frustration but I managed it with an actually rather simple composition in hindsight:

image.png

Good luck to anyone strill trying!

Been out of the game/loop for about a week now, but have been collecting my daily rewards. Now sitting on 40+ orbs

Jesus so many new characters outta nowhere...Whats the best banner to roll on right now?

Delthea is by far the best pull. She rivals Linde as a blue mage and her tome has an insanely good support buff built-in, which even synergizes with her C skill. With those combined she gives melee units next to her +9 Atk. Mathilda has an important skill for the metagame (that you probably don't need that much right now) and Gray has a skill that allows sword users to gain SP faster. Leon is one of the best archers and Saber has a sword that is a straight upgrade to Killing Edge.

champloo

Spent 3 stamina pot and finally did it with Ryoma, Sonya, Hector, Frederick. Tried for a lot of different teams and also did quite a few skill inheritance..

Started the map with Quicked Pulse Sonya one shotting the lance dude, while Ryoma being the MVP here dealing with both mages and the axe dude. Feels great finally beating it.

_Legacy_

I would strongly advise against that. Maybe you can make a Quick Riposte/Bonfire build work.

Yeah I was thinking that as well, I just wanted something to ensure I secure kills on my turn with her but I guess it's not possible with her roll. Really regretting dropping my orbs but a strong mobile axe unit (excluding my 4* Anna) is the only thing I don't have in my line-up.

Roman

Yeah I was thinking that as well, I just wanted something to ensure I secure kills on my turn with her but I guess it's not possible with her roll. Really regretting dropping my orbs but a strong mobile axe unit (excluding my 4* Anna) is the only thing I don't have in my line-up.

Are you sure? Bartre is about as good.

Roman

Yeah, I've sent my Bartre's away to be eaten for the Fury skill inheritance. Only other unit I have other than Hector, Michalis and Titania is Arthur and he's not worth leveling imo.

Anna and Michalis should be able to fill that role for you if you invest in them.

On a different note, Berkut is very disappointing - the datamined stats proved correct. I'd put him on par with Gunter and Stahl.

Ninferno

Berkut infernal turned out to be a bit more difficult than I thought. Failed twice before succeeding on the 3rd try. The second attempt was actually really close, but I was dealt a surprise blow by the very last enemy left standing. It was the axe cav doubling my guy who suffered seal speed before and proc special on his 2nd attack. It felt so surreal that it was seal speed among all things that stole my victory.

Almost rage quitted of course but after calming down, I realized that the green mage, after suffering a hit from Ryoma, would actually die to my Reinhardt with Luna in enemy phase. That pretty much paved my way to victory. It felt equally surreal to rely on Reinhardt in enemy phase, let alone defeating a green.

Anyways, it is refreshing to return to my conventional mixed team in PvE after abusing horse emblem for so long. Also, I think this is the first time I did a GHB with double dancers; I guess WoM is a godsend for this kind of split party map.

Yikes, not sure if I was just exhausted, but I couldn't think of any reliable strategies for Berkut.

Had to scout around forums for ideas, before finally experimenting with Bride Cordelia, Delthea and two dancers.

I put Delthea and a Hone Spd Dancer in the top-right corner and Bride Cordelia and a Hone Atk Dancer near the south. This arrangement split the enemy into two halves, making them super easy to handle.

After that, it was more or less ORKO heaven.

OVDRobo

I think that's intended to be the point with top end difficulty challenges in gacha. You are supposed to look into what you have available and think about alternatives.

I usually rely on cavalry and simply can't do it here, although someone else did.

Usually when I'm complaining about something I'm being at least 50% sarcastic. It's moderately entertaining to see what IS are going to throw at us every GHB to try to get around the monsters of their own creation such as bladetome buff teams, Horse Emblem, and individual units like Reinhardt, Camus, Xander, and even random characters like Nino.

It's interesting to try and think around the constraints placed on you but at the same time just because it's a gacha game I always slightly suspect ill intentions since spending money is usually a way to get over difficulty in games like this.

Shame Berkut sucks so badly due to his awful speed. I guess every unit can't be a winner and the last thing this game needs is more powerful cavalry, but I was looking forward to his addition since I played SoV so this is a bit of a hype-killer. At least he was free.

Trunx28

finally did my first lunatic. Units where Camus, Nino, Olivia (only 4*) and Klein.

Placed Camus in the North, Klein in the east and Nino and Olivia in the south. Using Ninos drawback after his first kill to get him and Olivia further east was crucial for this strategy. Camus tanked the last green axe-blow and Klein finished everything up.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Dark Aura is a legendary weapon hence non-inheritable. Depending on your Hinoka's IV, using Delthea for DB3 may be the logical choice, but if you are like me who are F2P, sacking 5*s for skills that are available at 4* still doesn't feel quite right. DB3 might be an exception though, because Klein is buried so deep in the colorless hell that it is almost equally illogical to expect pulling one. Merging or not on the other hand, depends on whether you plan to use her in arena for long term.
Ah good point. I actually didn't think about for Klein and the horrible pool he's in. The Hinoka is +ATK, -RES, so optimal build, but I also never use her. At this point leaning on feeding her to the other Delthea, but I might just think on it.

Just got my 7 in a row in the casual low stress intermediate tier and ended up at 3,600 on Tier 16. Delthea ate everyone's lunch.

Chauzu

Usually when I'm complaining about something I'm being at least 50% sarcastic. It's moderately entertaining to see what IS are going to throw at us every GHB to try to get around the monsters of their own creation such as bladetome buff teams, Horse Emblem, and individual units like Reinhardt, Camus, Xander, and even random characters like Nino.

It's interesting to try and think around the constraints placed on you but at the same time just because it's a gacha game I always slightly suspect ill intentions since spending money is usually a way to get over difficulty in games like this.

Shame Berkut sucks so badly due to his awful speed. I guess every unit can't be a winner and the last thing this game needs is more powerful cavalry, but I was looking forward to his addition since I played SoV so this is a bit of a hype-killer. At least he was free.

Personally at least, the Infernal GHB are like the only challenge I get from this game nowadays. This one was around as hard as Legion to me, and I had to tinker to find a way to do it, and it felt very rewarding! I think it's ok to have a high level reward as long as there are lower level rewards available as well.

Ninferno

Speaking of GHB, I wonder how Mkv. is going to approach it this time. What will his party look like? Donnel (and also Subaki) probably can't carry him as much time, I suppose. Maybe Narcian to handle the Berkut and the lance cav, Raigh and Ursula for anti cav, and then Olivia as usual? Would be interesting to see how he pull it off, which I'm sure he will, 3*s or not.

The Sakura guy though, he's in for some great trouble I guess. That 30 ~ 40+ buffed RES across the board is no joke.

Sölf

Beat it after too many tries, mainly because I didn't change units often.

Started with Horse Emblem and my Arena Team (Sharena, Azura, Tharja, Nino). Didn't work. Tried to use a bit of both, didn't work. Tried to use Cordelia and Michalis, didn't work. Tried to tank the top, didn't work.

So I changed and mixed a bit. I gave Azura Hone ATK 2, because Michalis lacked 2 damage to kill the Archer. In the end, this proved to be useless because Michalis never stood near her anyways. I also looked for a unit to tank the top, so a red one with high Res came to mind. The only one I had was Lyn. I have a 5* +1 Lyn, but she died to both attacks of the green cavallery and the red mage. With a +3 HP Seal she survived, but couldn't kill the red mage. So I gave her Escape Route 2.

So, in the end, it worked like this.

Lyn at the top, moved to the left, tanked both green cav and red mage. Michalis at the right, moved 2 tiles down. Nino at the bottom left, Azura at the bottom right. Nino moves right and drags Azura back. Azura dances Michalis and he moves onto the defense tile.

Nino kills the blue cavallery, Michalis moves to the right of Berkut and kills him with his special. Azura dances him and Michalis kills the Archer. Lyn uses Escape Route to escape to the bottom near Nino. Next turn, Lyn kills the green mage and I move my units so that Azura tanks the red mage on a defense tile and then kills him.

This was fun and I am never going to make fun of Escape Route ever again.

Ninferno

Yep, teleporting skills are legit in this kind of maps. Besides that, Escape Route is very useful for speeding through things like Tempest too.

ggx2ac

Has anyone here actually completed all of the Lunatic maps (Both Story and Paralogue) in chain challenges?

I have not completed it and I honestly find it harder to do than the Tempest Trials or the Inferno maps in GHB.

_Legacy_

Has anyone here actually completed all of the Lunatic maps (Both Story and Paralogue) in chain challenges?

I have not completed it and I honestly find it harder to do than the Tempest Trials or the Inferno maps in GHB.

I've found it harder as well, I have done all the Lunatic 5 battle maps though

Weebos

Banned

I have not, I have done most, but some of the last few chapters and the combined Paralogues are brutal.

Definitely some of the hardest content in the game right now.

Mupod

In the end, looking up strats didn't help at all. I went with trial and error.

after one stamina potion worth of tries, I beat it with my old standby team but I had to dick around with their skills a lot. I didn't spend any feathers but I had to inherit Hone Atk 2 and Swap onto Ryoma, and Bowbreaker 3 onto Hector. I switched over to Aura on Linde instead of Blarblade+, and gave her Quickened Pulse - my plan was to have her kill the lance guy, but he barely survived with 4 hp. Ryoma swapped into the fort space afterwards.

I initially thought I fucked up but the trick was to NOT kill the lance cavalry at the start. This causes the bow guy to attack Hector instead of Ryoma. The lance cavalry doesn't attack Ryoma until after he's weathered the assault from both mages, but eats a Vantage to the face and dies. From there, Ryoma and Linde cleaned up the bottom.

Hector's bowbreaker allowed him to kill the bow guy and body block Berkut from reaching Azura. Problem is Hector barely survived Berkut's special and would have been Moonbow'd by the axe guy if he went on the top fort. Good thing I checked, that fucker starts off pre-charged. I used Pivot and a dance to get Hector to the bottom of the map, where I met up with my other two units who dealt with axe dude safely.

edit: lol, this strat doesn't work on Lunatic, only Infernal. There's no lance guy to prevent the bow dude from going after Ryoma on Lunatic.

Stumbled into a win on first attempt at Lunatic Berkut, fully expecting to lose. Selena, Ryoma, Gray, Tiki (Summer). The first two down below, the latter two expected to do more, up and to the right. Gray up top, Tiki in the center. Will obviously need to plan more for Infernal.

Mupod

Decided to do my first few arena swords with my 'high point' team before switching over to horse emblem cruise control. First match:

Azura (100% appearance rate at high point levels these days)
Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt™
Firesweep merged as fuck +spd Bride Cordelia
Super merged Sonya

V87OHUn.gif

it's like as soon as you rise above the 684 range it's nothing but pure cancer.

Well whatever. Got a few wins at 690 points, we'll see if horses can get me to T20. Cecilia is the star of my team so I can run full power this week. If I fall out of T19, oh well. I just don't care enough to deal with whale bullshit anymore.

Also, after getting no defenses last week, I instantly got two this week. I didn't even have time to change my arena squad over to this week's bonus, luckily Cecilia was already in there. I guess with the excess of crests they've been giving out, most people just get arena over with on day 1 and if you don't get a defense then good luck.

Berkut infernal was ridiculous. I think I burned 5 stamina pots. And the key was a +hp seal. I completely forgot to equip seals. Horse emblem required. Nino got cornered on my infantry team. And I could only kill two of the three units I needed to, because I would needed two dancers and a buffer, and with Camus pulling the red mage it wasn't possible.

First time I looked for others strategies, which was basically use horse emblem, but helped with initial positioning.

I've done everything except for 11 & 12. I struggled to beat the five maps with two teams, I figure I'm just wasting my stamina until I have a lethal third team. Or MKV comes up with some cheese strategy I can borrow.
The timed missions and the split map just wipe me out. Forces me to lose a unit that destroys team synergy,
And they wipe on the next map. And there are several timed maps.

MicH

Berkut Lunatic was surprisingly easy for me compared to the Alm & Celica Lunatic which I just couldn't clear. Berkut was cleared on my second try. Nice!

Infernal Berkut taken down by Ryoma/Frederick/Summer Frederick/Mist (Spur Def/Res FTW.)

Ryoma tanks all the mages and the green cav with Mist boosting his Res & Def. (She has Rehabilitate too.) Frederick tanks Berkut and the other blue cav. Summer Freddy takes out the bow knight.

Ninferno

Azura (100% appearance rate at high point levels these days)
Quickened Pulse Moonbow Reinhardt™
Firesweep merged as fuck +spd Bride Cordelia
Super merged Sonya

That's pretty shitty luck. I mean, they got to be heavily merged because those are 4 "lower BST" units...

Ninferno

I get them all the time as well. 692-696 is rough.

Right. I ran into Reins and Bridelia all the time too. Not both of them at the same time though, normally.

Did 3 matches today and got one 698 and two 692s. Don't think that's gonna be enough to hold on to T20, considering 2 weeks ago the cut-off was around 4900. Maybe I should try harder and give Sharena 200 or 240 SP skills in A and B slots. Currently settled with her innate Speed Plus and a filler Drag Back. Got only one more spare Abel and Narcian is pretty much a non-renewable resource. Hmm, decision time.

Or I should plan for the long run and start working on promoting and merging high-availability units like Nino and Olivia.

_Legacy_

Yeah, it's pretty OP. But my score is quite a bit lower than "normal".

Yeah that's the only downside, unless you have +5 horse units. I was used to having bigger scores thanks to my higher stat count units like Hector/Nowi etc. But being able to run through arena with relative ease makes it worth it imo. I float between tier 18-19 anyway so that suits me just fine.

Alucrid

Banned

stuck on the last two 10 battle main mission ones. such a pain in the ass

Chauzu

I'm done with all EXCEPT 11&12 Lunatic. I finished it the other day on Hard, and even that took effort. I'll try it someday when I feel motivated. My main team can beat chapter 12 on Lunatic without losing a unit, but 11 is not perfected yet, and I need to be able to beat it without losing a unit.

As for arena, my score range is 700-710, with 702-706 most common. 706+ has without fail been exciting teams with some really cool sets, I'm having a great time in arena right now.

Roman

This is why I want to invest in Fliers long-term. They are extremely dominant, ignore almost all terrain, easy to win arena battles with and don't give lower score.

Feels like I don't have the right units to deal with Berkut Lunatic and up. I've noticed of late my best units all have a glaring weakness, low res. Except for Nino, Sanaki and Julia of course.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Feels like I don't have the right units to deal with Berkut Lunatic and up. I've noticed of late my best units all have a glaring weakness, low res. Except for Nino, Sanaki and Julia of course.
I feel like I have the units, but not the skill sets. Hector just gets blown up by the arrow units. Both Delthea and Nino (+SPD / +ATK) just can't deal enough damage before getting swarmed. That extra blue horse kind of wrecks any sort of plan I can formulate.

Sterok

Beat Infernal with Vantage Hector, Wings of Mercy Hector, Camus, and Darting Blow Olwen. Wings Hector baited and killed the second lance cav while Vantage Hector tanked bow cav and damaged Berkut. Camus ran to safety on the bottom while Olwen was next to Vantage Hector. Wings Hector teleported up to smack bow cav, who Olwen could finish off. Bonfire Hector + Camus killed Berkut. The mages were far enough away, but axe cav was on me. Thankfully Wings Hector had just enough HP to smack it and live. Camus moved close enough to activate Goad Cavalry for Olwen, allowing her to finish off axe cav. Camus was in position to bait and kill red mage, who neutered the wolf tome thanks to Grani's Shield. Camus then had Growing Thunder charged, so he smacked green mage hard, allowing Olwen to finish him off. Wings Hector could also teleport in if necessary. Tough, but double Hector and Pony Emblem had it covered.

explodet

Burned through like 5 stamina potions trying to get Lunatic. (I'm not very good at this game.) No big deal though, I've got 130 left.

Couldn't use my usual team because Berkut's all hepped up on +RES. Ended up with a team of Lancebreaker Camilla, YTiki, Olivia with a ruby sword and a do-nothing Ursula. I inherited Moonbow on Tiki for arena but replaced it with her default Growing Flame which nailed Berk in the AOE.

Adding seals was the tipping point, I kept failing without them.

Managed to beat Infernal using this team, which was a different than the lunatic run.

20157583_10156406578243989_4770467596808417887_o.jpg

Basically I had Zephial and Sheena tank the hell out of the bottom. Zephial stepped on the defense panel and Sheena has the Fortify Armor skill. Zephial also has distant counter , which is a god send.

The top was Marth +1 and Hector. They also have distant counter, but on the first turn I had them both stay out of harm's way so the bulk of the enemies targeted Zephial.

After the first turn enemy onslaught I put Hector on the upper defense title and Marth to lure fire from the Archer. Basically I ran the highest defense units I could muster and the amount of res on Zephial plus the defense title was enough to tank the hell out of this challenge.

Did Lunatic with my Horse Emblem team.

I put Clarine (Fortify) and Cecilia at the bottom, Eldigan (Hone) in the middle, and Rein up north. I moved Eldigan down and Cecilia+Clarine east so that Cecilia was in between the two and getting their buffs. I left Rein up top.

Buffed Cecilia handled Berkut and Eldigan handled the red mage. However, Rein with no buffs couldn't kill the bow cavalry and died in enemy phase. So I sacrificed a Setsuna to give him Bowbreaker.

With the same positioning, the AI responded by moving the bow cavalry down and Berkut up. Cecilia was still in range of Berkut, and Rein quaded the bow. After that, it was just a matter of easily tanking the green mage and then taking out the axe from up top.

explodet

Stole a strategy from youtube and tweaked it mercilessly for Infernal. Turns out promoting Anna to 5* a while ago ended up paying off. And holy crap the sacred seals flew all over the place. I ended up with 3 characters all having 6 HP among them.

Just pulled a +SPD -RES Delthea. I done good right...?
Nice. Man, I sure could go for one of those.
My last 5* was a -ATK Camilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom