• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Got a 5* Luke and a bunch of regular female Corrins. Bah. At least I have more time to build up some orbs. Looks like I'll be going for Tiki in the Voting Gauntlet.

Trunx28

what boon/bane? If she's +spd you can do the cookie cutter blade tome/desperation and either darting blow or fury. She's basically Nino but slightly less spd and slightly higher atk.

If you want to keep her default tome, and if she's +res or +hp she should be fine as a dedicated anti-reinhardt as long as you've got someone else with spur or fortify res.

got the +spd one. But I'm probably only using in the Arena when her time as a bonus unit comes up - otherwise I'll ride my HE. Cecilia is my perfect anti-Reinhardt right now, with Camus and Xander smashing everything left and right.

Except of course the new Arena mode .. But I won't win a lot there anyway, my other units are lackluster and I haven't found a great team besides HE to use .. yet.

Bovine

Neo Member
150 orbs and my five stars are another Delthea (yay merge bait), and swimsuit Xander. Figured my luck would end after 3 relatively sucessful banners. I'll try again once I get my orb count up again, I've got all month.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Honestly, the best thing about the last few banners has the valor skills. They will make farming SP so, so much easier. Getting 12 per kill, up to 60 per map, is just crazy.

StAidan

I wasn't interested in July's Summer banner and would have skipped this one too, except another flying caster is just too much to pass up. So, I gave summoning a try.

Instead, the banner gave me a Delthea (already had a better one), my first Effie (+def which is nice), and Summer Xander (good IV, but still felt like just sending him home). To say nothing of a load of Subaki, Oboro, and M Robin.

I'll try again when the August orbs start rolling in.

explodet

Yeah this summer banner is going to be around a looooooong time. Half the userbase will be tired of looking at it in two weeks.

It's too bad the summoning rate change (4* at 58%) won't apply to this banner.

Sushen

You could just leave Reinhardt out of your defence team. People only get annoyed with facing one, not people using one : P
I don't use Reinhardt any more as I need to use other units, and I don't find find him that bad to deal with. But, those people who put two Hectors in defense team, damn. I look forward to all the new changes/additions.

Which new summer unit is the one this time? I mean Bridelia and Delthea of this banner.

Scum

Honestly, the best thing about the last few banners has the valor skills. They will make farming SP so, so much easier. Getting 12 per kill, up to 60 per map, is just crazy.
IntSys are making it a great excuse to level up and use other units, innit. 😄

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yeah this summer banner is going to be around a looooooong time. Half the userbase will be tired of looking at it in two weeks.

It's too bad the summoning rate change (4* at 58%) won't apply to this banner.
Oh, the summoning rate change won't apply to the swimsuit banner? That sucks, though now I don't feel as bad about burning orbs on it today. I was thinking about waiting until the 7th to get the summoning rate change, but was too tempted.

I'm glad it'll be around long enough to build up a good amount of free orbs to try again. I like fliers in general and I have a lot of key units for Flier Emblem, so S.Corrin would be perfect.

Weebos

Banned
I don't use Reinhardt any more as I need to use other units, and I don't find find him that bad to deal with. But, those people who put two Hectors in defense team, damn. I look forward to all the new changes/additions.

Which new summer unit is the one this time? I mean Bridelia and Delthea of this banner.

So far none seem particularly excellent, similar to the other Summer banner.

Female Corrin is a standout for being a blue flying mage.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
IntSys are making it a great excuse to level up and use other units, innit. 😄

This is exactly right. And with these new events that are coming out, it's more important to have a large stable to usable characters instead of brute forcing everything with a few. And I have no problem with that. I needed a reason to level up some of these "lesser" characters :)

Draxal

Really wish they did a 3 star rehaul at a certain point.

Nobody is going to be excited about pulling a Benny as a five star, but he would be much better then seeing another oboro at this point (can't believe i typed that).

So far none seem particularly excellent, similar to the other Summer banner.

Female Corrin is a standout for being a blue flying mage.

Corrin has 34 speed and is a flier so great for blarblading with a fury/desp build if you have plus spd. The only issue is that the blue flyer spot is looooaaaaded.

explodet

My Spring Camilla is crazy useful as a ranged flier, even with a lousy IV and not having any other flier buffs. Having another in the barracks would not be unwelcome.
And my only other good blue tome user is 4* Ursula.

Seems like I've got the devil's own luck with these event banners as I'm always able to get who I want with relative ease, got S!Corrin in 15 orbs. Only problem is that my luck is only good for one pull of any given unit and it's never with good IVs (-res+def in this case). Beggars can't be choosers I guess, especially considering I only had 25 orbs to begin with.

Now I just need to figure out wth to do with her cause she's not going to do much for me on my defensive QR team. I guess I'll have to work towards a poor boy flier team with the -spd Minerva I've had sitting on the bench.

Zeeman

Infantry pulse seems like an interesting skill, and I could really use a good axe unit. Guess I'll be pulling greens when I get enough orbs again

Bovine

Neo Member
Yeah, I have a +Atk Hinoka, a +Atk Cordelia and a +Speed Catria as my top 5 star blue fliers, and I might have more as when I pull blue I get more fliers constantly. I still want Summer Corrin though for personal reasons, but I run Hinoka/Cordelia/SCam/Palla as my flier team. Still looking for a firesweep lance though as well.

Weebos

Banned
Really wish they did a 3 star rehaul at a certain point.

Nobody is going to be excited about pulling a Benny as a five star, but he would be much better then seeing another oboro at this point (can't believe i typed that).

Corrin has 34 speed and is a flier so great for blarblading with a fury/desp build if you have plus spd. The only issue is that the blue flyer spot is looooaaaaded.

I think swapping the 3 and 4 star rates accomplishes something similar to beefing up the 3 and 4 star pools. I think they will need to eventually do something about the 3 star pool, but the rate change is better for now.

Yeah Corrin and Camilla flying blade team seems pretty good, but it will need a lot of investment and rarer units. Horse emblem has the advantage of its buffs being spread out on a lot of common units.

Also wanted to chime in here and say that Elise actually looks pretty good, but she's not really a standout in a sea of good green mages.

lt519

Hmm, I might have to finish up some chain challenges for more orbs and give this banner a go. Shouldn't have dumped my 200 orbs going for Delthea.

I really want to get a mage flier since I missed out on bunnymilla the first time. Plus that Infantry Pulse sounds amazing.

explodet

I think swapping the 3 and 4 star rates accomplishes something similar to beefing up the 3 and 4 star pools. I think they will need to eventually do something about the 3 star pool, but the rate change is better for now.
The loss of 3* rates means fewer Jagens/Gunters/Barsts/Henrys/Bartres, but that also means fewer cav buffs/repositions/glowing embers/fury 1's.

Slightly double edged in that.

Ninferno

The loss of 3* rates means fewer Jagens/Gunters/Barsts/Henrys/Bartres, but that also means fewer cav buffs/repositions/glowing embers/fury 1's.

Slightly double edged in that.

Except Jagens/Gunters/Barsts/Henrys/Bartres/Hinatas/Odins/Pallas/Ninos are also available at 4*. Yes, you now got to share your probabilities with the "4* and above" units, but the drop isn't as big as you think. Considering how many much sought after 4* or above units there are, like Klein/Effie/Cordelia/Eirika/Tharja/Fae, and how much trash the 3* pool has, I really wouldn't call the swap a double-edged sword tbh.

Pejo

Had 43 orbs saved up from the past few weeks, dumped all on blue, and of course I get a 5 orb set with no blue, I pick green - Off banner 5*.
It was Hector!

3 blue snipes later and I landed a +SPD -RES Summer Corrin. I will fucking take it. A favorable nature for once!

Hector was -ATK so he won't replace my current neutral hector, but that finally gives me a Distant Counter to give away to anyone. Need to pick carefully who gets it.

Scum

IntSys should consider removing the animations for MRobin and the like. 😑
Had 43 orbs saved up from the past few weeks, dumped all on blue, and of course I get a 5 orb set with no blue, I pick green - Off banner 5*.
It was Hector!

3 blue snipes later and I landed a +SPD -RES Summer Corrin. I will fucking take it. A favorable nature for once!

Hector was -ATK so he won't replace my current neutral hector, but that finally gives me a Distant Counter to give away to anyone. Need to pick carefully who gets it.
Throw Distant Counter at Titania if you have her.

This entire month is just huge bait before that supposed CYL banner.

As a mostly F2P player, I'm at least hanging on OK. Nohrian Summer is very skippable for me, but the Hero Fest will be extremely tempting. I know that I'll do far better than usual on that banner, so I won't be blowing my entire stash of Orbs. Genny is my most wanted, but I'll be satisfied with Ike and Ninian.

As a mostly F2P player, I'm at least hanging on OK. Nohrian Summer is very skippable for me, but the Hero Fest will be extremely tempting. I know that I'll do far better than usual on that banner, so I won't be blowing my entire stash of Orbs. Genny is my most wanted, but I'll be satisfied with Ike and Ninian.

I googled fire emblem cyl to try and find out what you're talking about. Is it choose your legend? If so , why would these banners not be as good as that? Especially if the hero fest has higher pull rates?

Trying Nohrian Summer for both Corrin F and Elise. Xander might get in the way of Elise like Mathilda did for Delthea...but I've been lamenting my relative lack of green mages so will just have to deal.

Saw all the new updates as they were announced. Lots of effort being put into trying to keep existing customers and make more inviting for new. Good stuff.

Predictably, first two pulls had only reds and colorless. My language upon seeing this was decidedly NOT colorless...

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

All banners are bait banners.

I had to throw 140 Orbs to get Elise. Worth it though since she's +Spd apparently.

Sadly that was pretty much my entire Orb stash. I shudder to think what I'll have to do when Sakura is a limited character...

Sushen

IntSys should consider removing the animations for MRobin and the like. 😑

Throw Distant Counter at Titania if you have her.
I'm unsure about it or Titania in general. She seems not physically durable enough and definitely lacks attack power. But I've been considering the option for weeks now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom