• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

champloo

Trying to decide on who should I give 20k feathers to. Need more axe users so who should I 5* next? I have a +atk -hp cherche, legion, or Anna.

I just built my Cherche and she is very very good with Brave Axe+, she doesn't really need flier support to shine, and clearly the best choice here. A cheaper build with Brave Axe/Reposition/Atk+3/Drag Back is also not bad if budget is limited.

I suppose Anna is also worth the feather if you need a rotating Arena bonus unit, I haven't invested in mine yet.

Me after a 5,6% pity rate on Hero Fest banner and grinding 15 orbs from CC and TT:

"Come on, game... Give me Ike, that's all I want".

*gets Ike from the first red pull*

"YAAAAAAS! THANKS! Let's check the IVs... ... ... +Res/-Spd? WTF? Could it be worse?... Oh, whatever, at least I got him. Gotta use the last orbs left...".

1PtvmR1.jpg

"A second Ike! Holy shit! Please have better IVs! ... ... ... +Atk/-Def! Pretty good!"

Congrats on the Ike dude. He blew up all my orbs and I never got one.

I had similar situation to that on Hero Fest. I pulled 2 Julias when I'd exhausted my orbs trying to find her. First one was -Atk/Def such had me furious. Luckily there was another green orb and I got a +HP/-Res one which is kind of neutral so I settled there. The extra HP lets her handle even buffed +Atk Hectors so it's not all bad.

Its there gonna be another banner replacing the life and Death one?

RedBoot

Still kind of a noob at this (been playing since launch but only really picked up in the last few weeks), mostly been relying on Ike and Ephraim to kill everything. I've got 40k feathers so I was trying to figure out who to promote to 5* (likely somebody Green since I am incapable of pulling any). But I just did some last minute pulls on the Hero banner and got Ninian. Is a Dragon team amazing enough that I should focus on promoting dragons (I have Nowi, Corrin F, and Adult Tiki), or should I stick to getting someone Green to 5*?

(I think Nowi will be one of the promoted units regardless, I like the idea of two ranged attackers with her and Ike)

Still kind of a noob at this (been playing since launch but only really picked up in the last few weeks), mostly been relying on Ike and Ephraim to kill everything. I've got 40k feathers so I was trying to figure out who to promote to 5* (likely somebody Green since I am incapable of pulling any). But I just did some last minute pulls on the Hero banner and got Ninian. Is a Dragon team amazing enough that I should focus on promoting dragons (I have Nowi, Corrin F, and Adult Tiki), or should I stick to getting someone Green to 5*?

(I think Nowi will be one of the promoted units regardless, I like the idea of two ranged attackers with her and Ike)

Nowi is a pretty good pick for promotion but if you need a green that might be the direction you wanna go in. When you're promoting a unit to 5 star you kind of want them to be ideal or close to ideal IV-wise. What's the spread on your Nowi? Also since you have Ephraim, Nino is a pretty good choice for promotion (assuming you have a good one).

RedBoot

Nowi is a pretty good pick for promotion but if you need a green that might be the direction you wanna go in. When you're promoting a unit to 5 star you kind of want them to be ideal or close to ideal IV-wise. What's the spread on your Nowi? Also since you have Ephraim, Nino is a pretty good choice for promotion (assuming you have a good one).

Nowi is +HP -RES, which seems fairly decent. I've got two Ninos, one is +SPD -ATK and the other is leveled a bit so I can't quite tell, but it almost seems like she might be +ATK -SPD if I had to guess. Neither seems to be especially great since she wants both of those stats. Might level the second one up to 20 just to check her stats for sure.

I've got a few other 4* green mages (Merrick, Boey, Soren) as well as Frederick at 4*, so I was looking at them as well. I know Nino's pretty popular so I kind of wanted to look elsewhere, but she does work well with Ephraim and Ninian. Might be able to pair the three of them with Celica for a glass cannon team.

Nowi is +HP -RES, which seems fairly decent. I've got two Ninos, one is +SPD -ATK and the other is leveled a bit so I can't quite tell, but it almost seems like she might be +ATK -SPD if I had to guess. Neither seems to be especially great since she wants both of those stats. Might level the second one up to 20 just to check her stats for sure.

I've got a few other 4* green mages (Merrick, Boey, Soren) as well as Frederick at 4*, so I was looking at them as well. I know Nino's pretty popular so I kind of wanted to look elsewhere, but she does work well with Ephraim and Ninian. Might be able to pair the three of them with Celica for a glass cannon team.

+Spd/-Atk Nino isn't as bad as it looks. Just give her desperation and fury and she's a wrecking ball with Ephraim. The reduced attack doesn't factor in a great deal when you can secure all those double attacks. If you really can afford to you can keep slumming with what you have. Nino is fairly common (although it took me 3 months to get one). I can understand wanting to have new units to play around with though.

Bamboo 竹;246391114 said:
Me after a 5,6% pity rate on Hero Fest banner and grinding 15 orbs from CC and TT:

"Come on, game... Give me Ike, that's all I want".

*gets Ike from the first red pull*

"YAAAAAAS! THANKS! Let's check the IVs... ... ... +Res/-Spd? WTF? Could it be worse?... Oh, whatever, at least I got him. Gotta use the last orbs left...".

"A second Ike! Holy shit! Please have better IVs! ... ... ... +Atk/-Def! Pretty good!"

Same thing happened to me, except that I got -ATK on both of them. Specifically, I received +RES/-ATK and +SPD/-ATK. The second is redeemed because of the speed boon, so I got him up to 40.

The speed nets him better survival and more KOs because of the increased doubling.

I have a lot of units I need to level for Arena Assault, and I'm just not that invested in the game anymore. I hit tier 20, but now I no longer want to put any effort in Arena beyond getting 4000 points. I'll collect Orbs, but I'm generally slowing down.

I may not even summon from the Choose Your Legends Banner, and hoard until the holidays.

RedBoot

+Spd/-Atk Nino isn't as bad as it looks. Just give her desperation and fury and she's a wrecking ball with Ephraim. The reduced attack doesn't factor in a great deal when you can secure all those double attacks. If you really can afford to you can keep slumming with what you have. Nino is fairly common (although it took me 3 months to get one). I can understand wanting to have new units to play around with though.

I might level that Nino a bit, then. I've got the materials for Fury and Desperation (I'm drowning in Shannas). I've mostly been pulling when I get 20 orbs, but I might switch to sniping green orbs only for now (particularly since pulling Hector or Fae would match my units fairly well). So if I get a better Nino first I can switch to that.

In the meantime I'll probably promote Nowi and work on skill inheritance for my existing 5*s.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I got a Celica, but she is -Attack/+Defense, which is kinda shitty. Oh well, nice to fill out my Red Mages, which has been a pretty big gap for me.

Blade tome banner is here. People are going to intentionally pull for 5 star Odin. What a time to be alive.

edit: Free pull got me a 5 star Nino! IV couldn't be worse but I've been meaning to upgrade a Nino for my Cecilia. Pretty cool

Something kind of shady they did was make it so that the daily orbs are now capped instead of continuing until the deadline. So the 6 months anniversary event is only good for 20 orbs despite it running for another week. So you could end up in a drought despite there being a daily orb event running. The 4 orbs thing was definitely cool but going forward I don't think we'll get more than 20-30 orbs a month. They must have considered the free pull from new banners when they decided on this system (essentially another 10-20 orbs depending on the number of banners).

Semajer

I thought I may as well go blue for my free summon as Nino and Tharja are promotion worthy and I don't have any spare Odins. I end up with a 5* Mathilda. Yay.

chrono01

Free Pull: 5* Tharja

Finally. FINALLY! Ironically enough, Tharja was my re-roll goal for when the game first launched and this was the first copy I've ever pulled for her. In none of my re-rolls, nor any of my pulls since, have I received a single Tharja. Not even a 4* of her. Bane/Boon is -HP +DEF, which is okay. Just happy it's not -ATK or -SPD.

So yes, waifu finally obtained.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Trying for Summer Corrin again, get no blue, pick green, get +HP-RES Summer Xander...

I now have all Xanders...

Free pull on new banner gave me 4* Florina.

Something kind of shady they did was make it so that the daily orbs are now capped instead of continuing until the deadline. So the 6 months anniversary event is only good for 20 orbs despite it running for another week. So you could end up in a drought despite there being a daily orb event running. The 4 orbs thing was definitely cool but going forward I don't think we'll get more than 20-30 orbs a month. They must have considered the free pull from new banners when they decided on this system (essentially another 10-20 orbs depending on the number of banners).
If anything, they made it more convenient. Now if you forget to log in for a few days, you can still get the max amount of daily orbs.

Also, don't see how it's shady when they're throwing orbs at us left, right and centre... Not just double the daily orbs, but additional Tempest Trial rewards etc.

If anything, they made it more convenient. Now if you forget to log in for a few days, you can still get the max amount of daily orbs.

Also, don't see how it's shady when they're throwing orbs at us left, right and centre... Not just double the daily orbs, but additional Tempest Trial rewards etc.

Shady wasn't the right word but it was kind of a veiled change to the rules about how these daily orb events work. Like I said one of the events is going for another week and yet you could have acquired all your orbs already. The total you'd get isn't as much as you'd think looking at how long it lasts. I even guessed a few reasons as to why they'd do it this way. There are plenty of orbs available from Tempest and there's the free pull now. It's by no means bad but I'm just saying. It's... crafty? I can't think of the word

redcrayon

We're getting more orbs and feathers than we used to get by far at the moment. Through Tempest Trials being easier to gain the rewards in, extra rewards through Arena Assault, free pulls on banners etc it feels like I'm promoting a unit to 5* every week or two, which considering that it felt like a grind of several months at launch is a huge improvement.

I think the modes requiring 7 teams have meant that they aren't so bothered about restricting feather gain like they were when the endgame content was just having a strong 4-unit arena team. Now the focus is on being able to field several strong teams, and even more than that seeing as you need some choice if you end up facing severely unbalanced teams later on.

Edit: perhaps 'misleading at a glance' is the phrase you're after? :)

Alkez

Free pull was 4* Tharja, which is fine. I already have a 5* SPD+ one so i'll either use her for the +1 or inheritance.

fionel

When the Hero fest banner was released, I got Ike on my free pull. I thought my luck is rolling in as he was definitely one of my most wanted units. Trying to get the most out of the 8% 5* rate I then proceeded to dump around 100 orbs going for Ninian to no prevail. (I went as far as sacrificing my F2P virginity). I got 2 of my first Reinhardt (4*) out of these pulls but they were both -ATK which pissed me off immensely. I was very upset but determined to go for one last set of pull by rushing through the chain trials for the final 20 orbs.

I did not hesitate for a second as soon as I got my 20 orbs before hitting the pull button.

2 blues, 1 green, 2 colorless.

Imagine my disappointment when the 2 blues and green were just some 4* barely useable fodders.

Then the 2 colorless turned into 2 Genny's!

Well, it was definitely bittersweet for me as I never thought I wanted a Genny. Now I've got one of them to lv 40 I'm slowly warming up to her tho. A healer who can actually do decent damage. Now my question is, should I merge the other one or just keep her around?

Seems different from the current one? Honestly it's the bow unit on the defence tile that's the annoying one. I tank it with Xander but can't kill it. Maybe a dancer might help.

My red mages are basically Lilina with no SI and that's it.

original run has a bug on the map where the 2 defence tiles don't show up visually, but they're still defence tile

Trunx28

Free pull at the new banner: 3* Corrin F. 2 red orbs .. let's try our luck .. Draug 4*, -atk +res ... ok, next one ... 3* Raigh -everything?! fuck this, I'm out.

Mupod

4* -HP +RES Soren. Actually tempted to 5 star him because I'm so hard up for high res greens in arena assault. But for now he should work fine as a 4* if I level him up.

In other news, I leveled Clive and Delthea almost entirely via continuous autobattle. I gave Clive Threaten Def and Sol, but left the rest of his kit on. He ends up with 55 HP, between that and his tempest trial boosted stats he's a great autobattler. I send in him, Ike, Delthea and Genny, they actually have a pretty high success rate on level 35. I do have Alm but Ike is very effective with quickened pulse/aether combined with his distant counter/heavy blade setup.

If I manually control, I can bring Delthea along with my horse team and get a perfect run on level 40 lunatic, which is great for the triple score runs. I'm over 91k now, I will probably keep going after 100k just to farm up SP and hero merit.

RedBoot

LOL, after just posting about Nino last night and hoping to pick up some extra 3* ones over time, my free pull just got me a 5* Nino. Convenient.

+ATK -SPD nature though, since apparently my Ninos are only allowed to modify those stats. But hey, I'm gonna run with it. Saves me 20k feathers for another green unit promotion.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Free pull got a 3* Palla.

But she's +spd and I've been looking for a +spd one for a while, so that's good.

Mupod

I keep opening my daily login bonus thing so early in the morning that I forget how many I have left on it. I think I have one more, between that + tempest trial + 3 from the usual daily/sunday payout I'll be back at 20. So I suppose it's back to Nohrian Summer blue orbs for me.

It's disappointing that the daily Training Tower quests have no orb rewards. But the turn limit maps presumably will, and based on the schedule the daily login bonus will return in a few days. So there's still some faint hope that I'll get Summer Corrin. I just really needed greens so I wanted to pull on one of the newer banners (with the swapped 3-4* rates) for a while.

At this rate I'll be close to 100k feathers by the time tempest trial is over. Even though I didn't get any green 5* after 200+ orbs on hero fest, I have a few options. Distant Counter Titania is looking likely enough that the +SPD 4* one I found already has most of her inheritance stuff done. But if I get Corrin then I'll upgrade Camilla instead. I have a real dearth of fliers. Could also make a brave axe Cherche (I have a +atk -def one). I don't think I'd run fliers in normal arena without a distant counter camilla + flying mage, but Cherche would be a lot of fun for other modes.

I was saving normal-hard Chain Challenge (almost 20k feathers right there) for a flier team, SP farming + hero merit + practice in using them.

Weebos

Banned
Got a 3* Draug, so you know I'm doing great.

I'm interested in this banner because I want to give Leo a blade tome, but I still need me some Sacred Stones units.

Aesnath

Managed to snag that Ninian dupe on my last hero fest roll last night. Now, I'm not sure which dragon to put fortify dragons on. I guess young Tiki?

Free roll sucked with a 3* Olivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom