• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

explodet

The thought of a Xander Infernal makes me feel tight in the chest.

EDIT: Top of the page, eh? Fine.
Reminder for everybody:

8:30pm PT/11:30pm ET on August 27th.

Sushen

I think his initial kit is really good. Was running some numbers earlier and keeping his darting blow doesn't really hurt his player phase much at all. Get him in range of even a single Goad flier and he kills a lot of units. Hone fliers and he does even better.

Question becomes like all the high defense Killer weapon types do you go Bonfire to kill more units on an encounter or Ignis to have it charged and ready to go for the next attack?
I prefer bonfire because a dead enemy can't attack you. Unfortunately, flier team is no go for next week. I'm thinking just Valter and SCamila plus other 2 units for the arena. Except that means Valter needs to equip fortify flier. hmm...

Ninferno

She is. Cool, guess I'll sacrifice my 2 5* Cordelias to my 4*+6 one.

Wow. That's a huge sacrifice. Are you sure you don't have other units who can benefit from Galeforce or Brave Lance+? Merging one 5* to 4* takes lots of determination, let alone two. If I were you I will reserve at least one as Galeforce folder.

kewlmyc

Wow. That's a huge sacrifice. Are you sure you don't have other units who can benefit from Galeforce or Brave Lance+? Merging one 5* to 4* takes lots of determination, let alone two. If I were you I will reserve at least one as Galeforce folder.

I currently have a 5* Corderia +1 and a 4* Corderia +7. Yeah, I suppose I could save the 5*+1 in case I need it later on. I seem to get a lot of Corderias when blue fishing, so I'll probably get her to +10 without the need of the 5*s.

Sölf

The thought of a Xander Infernal makes me feel tight in the chest.

EDIT: Top of the page, eh? Fine.
Reminder for everybody:

8:30pm PT/11:30pm ET on August 27th.

And 5:30 AM for Europe. Welp, guess I will watch it first thing in the morning then.

Also, I am currently trying to get as far as possible with only 2* units. I am currently lamenting the fact that I most likely won't ever get that 2* Draug that was a quest reward once and also won't get a shot at Narcian or FRobin anytime soon.

Well, let's see how far I will get and when I will be forced to either use merging (which is dumb, I can just use 3* units then) or try to use Skill Inheritance.

The game also trolled me on this new account, got a +ATK/-DEF 5* Tharja from a free pull.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Done with those limited turn battles. Flyer team is so good.

The hardest one was probably the one with all the armored guys on a ton of defensive tiles. Had to get a specialized team for that.

Roy is great for these specialized maps.

Mupod

I just cheesed the turn limit maps with my cavalry blade tome squad. I didn't really have to plan or think much and I actually made a bunch of mistakes, but had no problems clearing them on the first try. Still, more interesting than the brainless autobattle free orb maps they used to do. Speaking of which do we have any idea what the 'daily special maps' are? Those start on Sunday.

I've got a lot of SP farming to do today and tomorrow, will burn a few stam potions. Tempted to try a little more on Nohrian Summer even though I got my SCorrin...I could use one that's not -atk, you know? It's so unlikely that I'd find one that I should just shut up and be happy. Not like -atk will mean much with her blade tome and buffs anyways. I gotta save up in case they release someone with Hone Fliers or rerun Hinoka.

Has anyone done a lot of SP training for blue mage units in Chain Challenge? Any in particular that are good for it?

Sushen

I'll be excited if one of them is a red flier. In general, I'm ready to be disappointed by CYL banner. They're literally the top 4 most popular units. You don't need bells and whistles to sell them.

I'll be excited if one of them is a red flier. In general, I'm ready to be disappointed by CYL banner. They're literally the top 4 most popular units. You don't need bells and whistles to sell them.

If one of them is a legit good red flier RIP people's wallets. I think you are right though. They can sell these characters on thei names alone. Save a Red Flier for a lesser known character.

Golnei

If one of them is a legit good red flier RIP people's wallets. I think you are right though. They can sell these characters on thei names alone. Save a Red Flier for a lesser known character.

That didn't stop them from giving Summer Corrin the combination of a popular character, fanservicey artwork and under-represented unit type. I doubt they're going to consciously make these characters less distinct or useful because people will pull for them anyway.

kewlmyc

The only mage fliers so far are limited units attached to popular characters. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to do it a 3rd time. :/

Could see a red flier being in the Halloween banner.

Ondore

Sölf;246955650 said:
Also, I am currently trying to get as far as possible with only 2* units. I am currently lamenting the fact that I most likely won't ever get that 2* Draug that was a quest reward once and also won't get a shot at Narcian or FRobin anytime soon.

Narcian is the next one up after Valter.

Mupod

The only mage fliers so far are limited units attached to popular characters. Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to do it a 3rd time. :/

Could see a red flier being in the Halloween banner.

Never thought of that, but it's a no-brainer. Witch on a broom with a red pumpkin tome is almost too obvious.

lt519

You can blow up a Xander with a Mathilda really easily. I bring her out whenever I see one in Arena Assault. I'll probably swap her in for that GHB.

Ninferno

Has anyone done a lot of SP training for blue mage units in Chain Challenge? Any in particular that are good for it?

The SP payout of 10 (or actually 9) battle normal CC is so ridiculous with weekend bonus that I don't think you need to be picky about which to take. The later chapters have more enemies hence higher SP gain but they are also more problematic (eg. enemies do not move before you do, split party, invincible enemy, etc).

If I were you I will just pick 1&2 or 3&4. The enemy stats are really low so you should have no problem soloing them with your Scorn. Bring 2 dancers to speed thing up and a healer just in case. You don't need many runs to get a thousand or two SP so I will value earlier chapters' convenience over later chapters' higher payout.

Akuun

Whoever's doing it, please keep an emoji of some sort in the title. It makes it so much easier to spot this thread lol.

If I were you I will just pick 1&2 or 3&4. The enemy stats are really low so you should have no problem soloing them with your Scorn. Bring 2 dancers to speed thing up and a healer just in case. You don't need many runs to get a thousand or two SP so I will value earlier chapters' convenience over later chapters' higher payout.

So your saying should farm CC on Hard 1&2 or 3&4? Lose on the final map so I don't complete it?

Mupod

The SP payout of 10 (or actually 9) battle normal CC is so ridiculous with weekend bonus that I don't think you need to be picky about which to take. The later chapters have more enemies hence higher SP gain but they are also more problematic (eg. enemies do not move before you do, split party, invincible enemy, etc).

I was thinking more one that's really red-heavy or low on archers for maximum laziness. Once she has another 300 SP for blarblade+ it won't matter, I guess. Just need to be careful that I don't mindlessly finish the last map instead of surrendering.

Akuun

I'm back at 20k feathers and I'm not sure what I want to do next. Give Ninian Lightning Breath? Give Effie Brave Lance? Keep working on that "make ATiki good" pet project? I dunno.

Never summoned since the first Heroes feast banner which stole me more than 200 orbs without giving me one fucking 5*

I don't know if I'm ready for CYL

Mupod

Was hoping for Amelia, instead I pull off-banner Hector...

Oh wait, he's fucking -ATK +SPD. What the hell use is he now?

IVs honestly don't mean shit for Hector. That's just a harder to kill Hector. You might need to watch out or support him with attack buffs/spurs if you want to have him take a hit from a merged Nino I guess.

explodet

I think Fae's my next promotion to 5*. It'll finish off Team Dragons and at +SPD / -RES she's pretty decent.

"Can you survive a 40+10 +ATK / Death Blow 3 / Hone Cavalry / Moonbow / Quickened Pulse Reinhardt?"
"You can? GET IN."

IVs honestly don't mean shit for Hector. That's just a harder to kill Hector. You might need to watch out or support him with attack buffs/spurs if you want to have him take a hit from a merged Nino I guess.
Hmm ok, I admit I'm not up to date on his utility so that is refreshing to hear. Thanks!

Ninferno

Just need to be careful that I don't mindlessly finish the last map instead of surrendering.

So true. I will be the best person to remind you that. I was using auto-battle and my brain went numb for a moment; when I came back to my senses and realize what I was doing it was already too late. Sad.

And yeah, I missed the part that filers are weak to bows; you probably can't auto-battle for Scorn then. Good for you, like seriously. lol

Draxal

Well, any Thracia banner, including the one from which I'm destined to pull nothing but trash, is still better than no Thracia banner at all. ╮(╯﹏╰)╭

Seriously though, the problem with Thracia is that it lacks good candidates for GHB; Saias or Galzus may be fine but who knows who they are. IS has literally made the only suitable GHB character in Thracia a pullable unit.lol

The reason I'm saying this is that Valter and the SS banner kinda set an example for how new game-themed banners roll out with their respective GHBs, and I think this will continue for a while. My money's on RD and Genealogy, both of which have some fantastic GHB choices, to arrive before Thracia.

Ishtar gbh baybay.

We had Navarl and Fem Robin ghbs, so who knows this goes in the future.

Mupod

yeah I'm absolutely desperate for greens. I've only ever pulled 5 green 5* - two Hectors, Merric, Hawkeye and Cecilia. I used Hector 2 to create a DC emerald axe Camilla, and I promoted a Nino ages ago. Merric/Hawkeye are near useless, Merric's only saving grace is he's +RES so he can survive Rein (and then fail to kill even on a double). I still have a dearth of greens despite pulling all green on hero fest 2 (didn't get a Julia).

40k feathers into a Fae for a reliable counter is a pretty good deal, but promoting this 4* Soren might be even cheaper and more than enough for Arena Assault. I have enough good greens for chain challenge/squad assault etc.

Hmm ok, I admit I'm not up to date on his utility so that is refreshing to hear. Thanks!

To clarify, he only loses -3 ATK from an attack bane and he still has 49. He seems to get 4 speed from a speed boon, he's no speed demon but that gets him out of double range from some stuff. But yeah, he's not like a glass cannon mage that gets crippled by a -spd bane or something. Hector's always good.

Ninferno

So your saying should farm CC on Hard 1&2 or 3&4? Lose on the final map so I don't complete it?

Yep. That's basically it. Normal rather than Hard is preferred though, because lv35 is still guaranteed to give your lv40 units SP. If you have already cleared all Normal CC then yeah, by all means use Hard instead, just be mindful that Hard is quite a step up in terms of enemy stats compared to Normal.

Ninferno

Ishtar gbh baybay.

We had Navarl and Fem Robin ghbs, so who knows this goes in the future.

Sure. Ishtar is like one of the best GHB candidates along with Arvis. She's more like a FE4 character than FE5 though. Anyway, I know what you meant. She does have a cameo appearance in FE5, and her portrait in FE5 is absolutely fantastic. Still, if she ever gets in Heroes, she will most certainly be classified as from FE4 in the herodex. And it will be hilarious if the thunder goddess herself is weaker than her "right hand man" because Mjölnir is weaker than Dire Thunder

Weebos

Banned
Traded in some garbage at Gamestop and decided to use $80 of my fun bucks (total was $270, I'm not a maniac) on orbs.

I wanted to snipe for Innes (and Amelia) and then save the rest for CYL.

I used them all. I didn't get Innes.

I did get Amelia, Tana, and Mist though lol, so I can't complain. Tana is -ATK +DEF, and I'm at the point where my 5* roster is deep enough that I'm not sure I will use her. Amelia is +SPD -RES though, so that is great.

Sure. Ishtar is like one of the best GHB candidates along with Arvis. She's more like a FE4 character than FE5 though. Anyway, I know what you meant. She does have a cameo appearance in FE5, and her portrait in FE5 is absolutely fantastic. Still, if she ever gets in Heroes, she will most certainly be classified as from FE4 in the herodex. And it will be hilarious if the thunder goddess herself is weaker than her "right hand man" because Mjölnir is weaker than Dire Thunder

if? you mean when

Akuun

Automatic airlifting of other units without requiring an action from that unit is nuts.

It's pretty silly how both Tana and Amelia's movement support skills are entirely game-changing in a way that no other units of those types are, on top of the fact that both of them are excellent units in their own right.

Vena

Automatic airlifting of other units without requiring an action from that unit is nuts.

It's pretty silly how both Tana and Amelia's movement support skills are entirely game-changing in a way that no other units of those types are, on top of the fact that both of them are excellent units in their own right.

Its made to elevate infantry. Until now, infantry had no synergy skills in the face of Goad/Spur for all Emblems.

Fliers still can fly, though, so it hasn't changed peak efficacy probably.

Leveling up Cordelia now to build her with Firesweep L+, and Galeforce is a lot of fun. First time ever using galeforce. Was a bit iffy on the promotion/investment at first but she's a lot of fun and totally worth it.

Leveling up Cordelia now to build her with Firesweep L+, and Galeforce is a lot of fun. First time ever using galeforce. Was a bit iffy on the promotion/investment at first but she's a lot of fun and totally worth it.

Curious about your build because I use her with Brave Lance, Desperation and Galeforce.

What makes the Firesweep work with Galeforce? I have one I can give her, but don't see it getting used over a brave Lance.

Curious about your build because I use her with Brave Lance, Desperation and Galeforce.

What makes the Firesweep work with Galeforce? I have one I can give her, but don't see it getting used over a brave Lance.

It allows me to turn her into a pure player phase unit, with next to no repercussion. She can sneak hits on greens and get out of there with hit and run and galeforce. Also her high speed and attack let you go all out with Life and Death 3 and she is going to double nearly everyone anyway. May as well double them without worrying about a counter, allowing her to hit anything.

Even if she doesn't see much arena play I am excited to use her in TT and chain maps where the special charge carries from map to map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom