• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eridani

I've noticed some fliers have boosting skills that only help other fliers. Would that make three- or four-flier teams useful?

How are you guys building your teams? Is a healer a must-have? I've played without a healer before, and it always feels dicey because then you're just trying to kill them before you die yourself.

I'm not using a healer, and neither is pretty much anyone else I faced in arena. They just don't seem all that useful. They get maybe one heal off before dying and do basically no damage. I don't remember healers ever causing me problems in arena.

kswiston

I finally hit level 40 on my Takumi. It looks like he had a boost to Def and a penalty to Res over his base values.

That explains why mages destroy him I guess.

IMO the boost in attack you get from upgraded weapons is pretty important. That's a +4 for a few of my characters. Not sure if Anna upgrades hers at 5* though lol.

Good point, I was actually overlooking this.
Anna's gonna be a beast at 5*! (I hope...)

IMG_4857_zpstn1magku.png

You haven't seen bullshit until you run into a team with multiple high-level Takumi's brought down by a super low level 3rd or 4th unit.

I'm sorry but my low 30s squad shouldn't be seeing 2 level 40 Takumi's because you have a level 15 throwaway.

Wait so the lvls in the arena are calculated by your team average? So you can put 2 lvl 40 and 2 lvl 10 units and get paired with lvl20-30s?

Skii

Okay Chapter 9 part 5 on normal is no joke. They all just one shotted everything I have.

My team is: Barte lv 23, Lyn lv 25, Takumi lv 25 and Maria lv 14

Do I need to level up my units more? The jump from part 4 to 5 is immense. That team was fine against part 4.

Eridani

Okay Chapter 9 part 5 on normal is no joke. They all just one shotted everything I have.

Do I need to level up my units more? The jump from part 4 to 5 is immense. That team was fine against part 4.

I don't know if you need to level up, but it will certainly make the mission a lot easier.

marrec

Banned
Yes, finally got a 2nd 5* unit in Lyn, which is good cause I needed a proper Red Sword duder.

Now I got Lyn, Camila, a 4* Nowi and can switch between Setsuna and Subaki when needed.

Figured out Subaki is a stone cold killer of Tiki's, which is nice to have.

Meier

When can I actually upgrade my characters with the hero feathers? I have two 5* over 20 and can't seem to do anything with them. Does it only work on 4* and below?

When can I actually upgrade my characters with the hero feathers? I have two 5* over 20 and can't seem to do anything with them. Does it only work on 4* and below?

Yeah feathers are for raising your star level, with five being the max. You can use crystals to level them up if that's what you're after.

Meier

Yeah feathers are for raising your star level, with five being the max. You can use crystals to level them up if that's what you're after.

Okay cool, I was hoping it also allowed perhaps for players to learn new paths (i.e. general, etc.). Maybe some day!

Holy shit, 20k feathers. Yikes.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

I had to stop and level up a bit.

Positioning also REALLY matters in that fight because their heavy hitters are so strong in that mission. I eventually won it by backing up and letting them come to me so that I got the first attack.

Zafir

Positioning also REALLY matters in that fight because their heavy hitters are so strong in that mission. I eventually won it by backing up and letting them come to me so that I got the first attack.
It's definitely crucial in the harder fights to use the danger zone toggle and force them to come to you.

That's what I did to beat 9-5 on both Normal and Hard.

Dreavus

I don't know how I just realized this now but your units do not keep any xp from the map if they don't survive the battle. I should probably play more conservatively with my fliers like Camilla in that case!

Do they keep SP they have earned if they die or is it just nothing?

_Legacy_

It's definitely crucial in the harder fights to use the danger zone toggle and force them to come to you.

That's what I did to beat 9-5 on both Normal and Hard.

I do this is in arena if I'm low on health with self healers like Lucina (and whoever else is alive), just lead the AI on a merry chase until I'm back to full health. Works like a treat 99% of the time.

Anastasis

I have a 4* Tiki and I like her, but I feel like she's too easy to counter because characters with Falchion are pretty popular. I could be wrong, but I think her strength lies in her ability to counterattack anything, but mine isn't great at taking hits, and doesn't do the damage to reliably kill things. I've made her work with a healer and ninja as support in story mode, but I dunno how well that translates into arena. IMO she's a solid red, except Lucina and probably Chrom just outclass her for the red role.

Thanks!

I need a better 4th character on my team so maybe I'll go with her or Olivia.

_Legacy_

I don't know how I just realized this now but your units do not keep any xp from the map if they don't survive the battle. I should probably play more conservatively with my fliers like Camilla in that case!

Do they keep SP they have earned if they die or is it just nothing?

If a unit dies, all xp gained in that mission/fight is lost.

Skii

Ah okay. I might try it again later. I'll see if I can get these units to lv 30 by doing Hard/Lunatic.

Maybe I should get rid of Maria? It seems like healers are not good in this game.

redcrayon

Healers arent great. They dont heal enough and are really weak to stand a chance in combat. Probably the best healer is Linde just because she isnt a healer and can do damage while splashing a bit of heal. They have to release a really strong healer that could full a unit from critical damage then naybe they could ve usable.
Lissa can do this. One of her skills increases the amount healed depending on how far <50% health the character being healed is, another increases health gain by ten points. I've had her heal 30+ HP on characters. I've levelled her up from 2* to 4* star though, but definitely worth the effort.

_Legacy_

I need to level up a green unit until I pull a Hector or another more competent green. Who's better out of Beruka, Hawkeye, Gunter and Arthur? I've also got Frederick but he doesn't seem that useful in fights.

Addi

Ah okay. I might try it again later. I'll see if I can get these units to lv 30 by doing Hard/Lunatic.

Maybe I should get rid of Maria? It seems like healers are not good in this game.

If you do that, be sure to skip all the fifth levels in each chapter (1-5, 2-5, 3-5, etc), you haven't unlocked the hard quests yet so you would have to redo the levels again to get the prizes.

_Legacy_

Healers arent great. They dont heal enough and are really weak to stand a chance in combat. Probably the best healer is Linde just because she isnt a healer and can do damage while splashing a bit of heal. They have to release a really strong healer that could full a unit from critical damage then naybe they could ve usable.

My favourite healer is Serra, Recover heals 15 and with Imbue, every third heal is 25hp. That should be enough for most scenarios, from my experience. I take her to arena in all my teams and she is constantly saving lives, she also does decent damage to units with low resistance (when she hits level 30) as well.

Lissa can do this. One of her skills increases the amount healed depending on how far <50% health the character being healed is, another increases health gain by ten points. I've had her heal 30+ HP on characters. I've levelled her up from 2* to 4* star though, but definitely worth the effort.

Having used Lissa in nearly every map now, I can attest to how powerful her heal is with the >50% more healing ability. It takes units with 1 HP to max hp. By far the best healer in the game IMO.

Akuun

I've been running Sakura as my healer and she does okay. With her skill, she heals 20 in a turn, she buffs the defenses of those around her and debuffs the attack of anyone she hits. Still not sure if it's worth more than putting an attacker in the same slot, but she's not bad.

I also have a ninja who heals 7 on nearby units on attack, so between the two of them they can bring one person back from near death.

Having used Lissa in nearly every map now, I can attest to how powerful her heal is with the >50% more healing ability. It takes units with 1 HP to max hp. By far the best healer in the game IMO.
I got the 2* Lissa from the event a few days ago, but haven't done much with her. Maybe I can try ranking her up.

Blue-kun

Been trying to get a Robin (or Linde...) so exclusively doing blue orbs right now, but the game seems like it's onto me, lol. I swear I get one blue orb and 3 red ones or green ones or whatever, everytime.

In a way it's wasting orbs, but then I'm scared of rolling another color and getting a 5* thus resetting the bonuses. Whenever I get no blue orbs whatsoever I'm rolling a red one, tho. Wouldn't be too opposed to a Marth or Lucina, lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Been trying to get a Robin (or Linde...) so exclusively doing blue orbs right now, but the game seems like it's onto me, lol. I swear I get one blue orb and 3 red ones or green ones or whatever, everytime.

In a way it's wasting orbs, but then I'm scared of rolling another color and getting a 5* thus resetting the bonuses. Whenever I get no blue orbs whatsoever I'm rolling a red one, tho. Wouldn't be too opposed to a Marth or Lucina, lol.

*looks-at-username*

Makes sense.

muu

Wait so the lvls in the arena are calculated by your team average? So you can put 2 lvl 40 and 2 lvl 10 units and get paired with lvl20-30s?

I've been doing this for the last two sets. The game will generally try and find similar level matches, so if you go in at 40/40/1/1 you may be against 40/40/10/10 or something similar. It raises your chance of a win, but points possible on a match are calculated by enemy level (or stat?) so you're going to get screwed in that regard. It should allow you to get a fairly easy ~3000pt score however.

My 5* pulls are lucina/marth/roy/kagero, and currently I'm running Lucina/Marth/Kagero/lv1-3 healer. By default you're penalized points, if your healer brushes against anything you're going to lose points. Since you eliminated one of your slots you have one less counter to a particular meta. In the future I plan on replacing Marth w/ Camille, and the healer w/ F Corrin.

Tarps

Aren't reds the best colour for 5*'s right now? Might want to wait for a banner change to help your odds a little.

Gambit

decided to have one more pull despite the fact that I have never had single five star character so far.

5* Roy
5* Camille
5* Takumi

!!!

I shouldn't be that excited but I really, really am!

Blue-kun

decided to have one more pull despite the fact that I have never had single five star character so far.

5* Roy
5* Camille
5* Takumi

!!!

That's already 3/4 of a team there, haha. Takumi in particular is crazy... although mine seems like he got shafted in RES level ups so far. L30 and only has 9 RES, lol.

cw_sasuke

GameWith has posted a list with 4* that should be promoted to 5*

https://fireemblem.gamewith.jp/article/show/51163

Need to get that farmable Olivia soon.

5* Roy
5* Camille
5* Takumi

!!!

You shouldnt be excited ? WHat the hell are you talking about thats a ridiculous good pull...be excited and happy - this likely wont happen again for a longass time lol.

cw_sasuke

He meant getting excited over gacha in general, not over those pulls.

Same difference. Why not be happy about good pulls ? They are part of Gacha and this game, cant really separate it.

Kitoro

The arena is really fun, but man am I ready for some new units to fight. All the teams are so similar.

That's the problem with launching with rate up banners for 8 characters. Those practically become the only 8 characters we see until at least a couple weeks into the following banners.

Dragner

That's the problem with launching with rate up banners for 8 characters. Those practically become the only 8 characters we see until at least a couple weeks into the following banners.

When your MMR is high enough all you see is Hector-Takumi and another 2, usually Robin and Tiki, maybe Lucina. But not much variation fron that.

I've got a 4* Lissa too, and I actually took that weapon off her because while the heals were super great, it also cut down her self-healing so much that she wouldn't survive very long, even though her def and res are among the highest of all the characters I've gotten so far. Paired with Linde, she's a lot better, but Linde herself is such a glass cannon that I'm not sure it's a net gain.

But I ain't no master tactician so I could be wrong about a lot of this.

Gotchaye

I burned a couple dueling crests to keep trying out Catria. Surprisingly, I got better results replacing one of the Takumis with her so that my team is now Lucina, Tiki, Takumi, Catria. Often she doesn't actually do much, but occasionally she saves the day by sitting in between Takumi and something like a Lyn. I can play much more aggressively with Takumi because she's a much more reliable blocker in a red, red world. I lost a hero in 1 of 7 battles, and am now at rank 431 with 4459 points.

Still seeing Hectors in every other battle, which makes no sense. I've also started seeing a bunch of merged heroes. I'm not sure I want to merge my spare Takumi yet myself.

Need to get that farmable Olivia soon.

I have trouble seeing a good reason to promote Olivia to 5* honestly. She gets all of her skills at 4*, so you only get the few extra stats and the Silver Sword+ from doing it. She'll likely be just as useful as a level 40 4*, and you can save up to promote someone who gains a lot more from going up the ranks. Just my opinion, though I have her 4* on both my main and alt accounts, and she is pretty useful as is.

On the flip side, I'm sad about my Lucina. I've figured for a while, but she got +Speed/-Attack. I feel like she will be missing out on a lot of damage thanks to that.

Gambit

He meant getting excited over gacha in general, not over those pulls.

That is how I meant it.

Same difference. Why not be happy about good pulls ? They are part of Gacha and this game, cant really separate it.

But you are right: Since I am playing this game, I might as well be psyched about this pull!

Before I really didn't get particularly strong units, mostly three stars.

Though I have promoted Robin to 4 star, and also have a 4 star Olivia. One of those two will be my number 4, in the new Roy, Camille, Takumi team.

Just played the tower with them for a bit and wow, are they broken already. Roy's strength at Lvl 5 is higher than his Dad's at Lvl 21 (promoted 4 star)

Akuun

Glad to see Felicia on that list. I've been very pleased with her so far and no one seems to be talking about her. Being able to debuff people into getting oneshot by another character is great, and her +7 heals on everyone around her seems to be pretty useful too.
On the flip side, I'm sad about my Lucina. I've figured for a while, but she got +Speed/-Attack. I feel like she will be missing out on a lot of damage thanks to that.
How do you tell what "nature" your character has?

kswiston

I burned a couple dueling crests to keep trying out Catria. Surprisingly, I got better results replacing one of the Takumis with her so that my team is now Lucina, Tiki, Takumi, Catria. Often she doesn't actually do much, but occasionally she saves the day by sitting in between Takumi and something like a Lyn. I can play much more aggressively with Takumi because she's a much more reliable blocker in a red, red world. I lost a hero in 1 of 7 battles, and am now at rank 431 with 4459 points.

Still seeing Hectors in every other battle, which makes no sense. I've also started seeing a bunch of merged heroes. I'm not sure I want to merge my spare Takumi yet myself.

Whales are more likely to have max or near max characters.

Surprisingly, I am doing much better now that I ditched my level 37 Camilla for a level 14 Sakura in arena. I managed to win all 7 rounds with 4 characters alive, and managed full or near full life in 5 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom