• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Leon (CV. Mamoru Miyano)
t8Tmhhy.png

The prodigal prince of Nohr here to protect Aske and be the savior to us all.

Is it confirmed that he plays a bigger part in the story by the way? Eurgh.
(Is he called Leon in the Japanese Original?)

Is it confirmed that he plays a bigger part in the story by the way? Eurgh.
(Is he called Leon in the Japanese Original?)

nah. it's shun biasness :^)
yes his name is Leon in JP. btw, there's Leo in Gaiden which ends up being Leon as US name from the poll menu :')

Strimei

Eh, its not that bad, like I said I've held off for a while now. This thing is...at least four years old now, I think, I got it before I moved and that was approaching 3 years ago now (oof, time flies...).

My mother has offered me her old phone (which is also old but not as old) for free since she no longer needs it, gonna check to see if that has enough RAM. If not, then full upgrade is in order. About time, to be honest, this phone is on its last leg anyway. Battery barely holds a charge, and even dies when it says there's still like 25% left.

I just needed an incentive to change, haha.

chrono01

Eh, its not that bad, like I said I've held off for a while now. This thing is...at least four years old now, I think, I got it before I moved and that was approaching 3 years ago now (oof, time flies...).

My mother has offered me her old phone (which is also old but not as old) for free since she no longer needs it, gonna check to see if that has enough RAM. If not, then full upgrade is in order. About time, to be honest, this phone is on its last leg anyway. Battery barely holds a charge, and even dies when it says there's still like 25% left.

Well, if incentive is what you needed, there's nothing better than a Fire Emblem title!

Congrats to you on your newly-incoming phone. :)

I feel this OP is a bit biased.
You're absolutely right. Tharja should be in the banner, and there's no mention of her at all in the OP. What a sad state of affairs this is.

Primus

Mmmmmm, been thinking about getting into a new gacha game after losing interest in Brave Frontier and KHUX last year. Would be nice to hit the ground running on day 1 for a change.

Strimei

Well, if incentive is what you needed, there's nothing better than a Fire Emblem title!

Congrats to you on your newly-incoming phone. :)

Amusingly, Fire Emblem is also what got me to finally buy a 3DS many years ago, so I guess its fitting that it is what pushes me to buy something to play it on again, heh.

Shun

First one to PM me who every character in the OT banner is and get it right, I'll gift them a free gacha roll when the game launches.

wait so this can't be played on a iPhone 5S or is the ram specification only for Android users?

It does, but a 5S has 1GB of ram i think

Ram specification is only for Android. iOS runs efficiently enough that even a 4S should be able to run it, although not well, since it isn't all that demanding and looks comparable to other browser games like Granblue.

Shun

that ram is for android, and I do think you still can play with less ram, but don't expect optimal gameplay performance

can I enter? :^)

No, you, chrom, and draxal already know and are excluded. I'll gift you something another time.

Me playing would be cheating lol

There's a trick question in the banner that I don't expect most people to know unless you're a really long time or dedicated fan.

brinstar

Ram specification is only for Android. iOS runs efficiently enough that even a 4S should be able to run it, although not well, since it isn't all that demanding and looks comparable to other browser games like Granblue.

that ram is for android, and I do think you still can play with less ram, but don't expect optimal gameplay performance

Oh okay, cool! I'm not used to playing many games on my phone, thanks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'll only start spending money on the game if they introduce thematic Limited Events like other Gacha; come on versions of

New Years
Valentines
Cherry Blossom
Summer Wedding
Swimsuit
Halloween
Christmas

Dee Dee

You should also pretend you're 12 when the app asks you so that sweet sweet monthly maximum spending limit applies to you too.
(I'm also telling myself buying a new phone after 9 months is totally reasonable...)

Is there a chance that it might still run on older models, just badly? Or is the RAM requirement a min requirement?
I might hold out until that is confirmed - I need to wait for some tier lists anyway before I start rerolling.
I already missed out on Pokemon Go because of my shitty phone though...

No, you, chrom, and draxal already know and are excluded. I'll gift you something another time.

There's a trick question in the banner that I don't expect most people to know unless you're a really long time or dedicated fan.

Actually I'm stumped on the girl in the middle. thought I knew her, but I know the rest.

Kinda bugging me I can't figure her out

Strimei

You should also pretend you're 12 when the app asks you so that sweet sweet monthly maximum spending limit applies to you too.
(I'm also telling myself buying a new phone after 9 months is totally reasonable...)

Is there a chance that it might still run on older models, just badly? Or is the RAM requirement a min requirement?
I might hold out until that is confirmed - I need to wait for some tier lists anyway before I start rerolling.
I already missed out on Pokemon Go because of my shitty phone though...

Hah, given how badly I want to blow money on GBF (you have to jump through some hoops to do it since its not officially released over here), that may be wise to do, actually...

I imagine we'll find out if its a hard requirement or one you can kind of push through soon.

i'm just hope they don't really use stupid kind of android root detection method (like pokego using safetynet for example... like why??) for android, since the current one I used only still useful for android m but not n, and i'm thinking of upgrading it as soon as deresute fix its stupid desync on nougat
;___; yay
nah don't really need it tbh

Beckx

when ya'll say re-rolling, do you mean just uninstalling the app and then reinstalling to see if you get better first roll?

or does it work differently?

Would be nice if DeNa would implement G5 like they did in FFRK - IMO gacha done right.

Sure but it took them almost a year and half to bring it over. They won't do it unless they feel forced to, I think.

How people justified spending 27$ per pull for a pretty big chance of getting absolutely nothing is beyond me. Hell, even getting 50 Mythril is a major time investment.

when ya'll say re-rolling, do you mean just uninstalling the app and then reinstalling to see if you get better first roll?

or does it work differently?

yes, but on android for some games it can be just done by deleting cache+system data without uninstalling the app itself. also depends on game, 1st roll sometimes fixed, so reroll starts on 2nd one

yes, but on android for some games it can be just done by deleting cache+system data without uninstalling the app itself. also depends on game, 1st roll sometimes fixed, so reroll starts on 2nd one

How likely is it that the game itself will just let you reroll infinitely? I literally only play one gacha game but it lets you do this for your first roll, do many games do that or is that uncommon?

Dee Dee

How likely is it that the game itself will just let you reroll infinitely? I literally only play one gacha game but it lets you do this for your first roll, do many games do that or is that uncommon?

At that point it's just similar to what kuroneko0509 describes: There might be something like a tutorial pull, where you are very likely (or guaranteed) to get a good hero anyway. In that case people might uninstall if their first "free" pull is not good after that tutorial pull. Normally the game will give you enough ingame currency at the very start that you get to some free pulls quickly - in that case it might be worth it to start over if the pull is bad instead of continuing to play and taking a lot longer for a second chance at a free pull (which might then also be bad).

Beckx

ah, neat, if needed i will try that method first. thanks!

Sölf

Well, if it doesn't work on my 1 GB RAM Android, here is hope I can play it using an emulator. Else... I will probably have to skip this. :(

ggx2ac

Yeah, that's what I expect. My Android phone has 2GB of RAM but a good portion is running apps. It's probably asking 2GB minimum because the game could be using up to 500MB if it's asking 2GB RAM minimum but that should be doable by closing other apps in use.

This is all speculation though.

Kouriozan

This is going to be super weird not waiting 6 months to get the Japanese version content, also the first Gacha game where Global can't prepare in advance for upcoming events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom