• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors characters trailer #1

Giga Man

Tharja = $$$

DLC for certainty.

We still haven't seen Tiki yet. She has to be in this when we have an amiibo of her. Will TGS have a Shadow Dragon blowout, or will Tiki be all she wrote because SD isn't popular enough?

NSESN

I personally will never understand Chrom's popularity but that's just me. I'm glad that people who do like him got their wish granted though.

Actually his popularity isn't even as high as Ike or Roy. But you can alway blame Smash for that.
The truth is that the lord will always be popular, unless you are male corrin that was the only lord from a localized game to not make the top 20 in choose your legends

EDarkness

I can't wait to play this. I realized I put almost 70 hours into Fate/EXTELLA and I want more of that type of game, so Fire Emblem Warriors will be right up my alley. Can't wait to kick ass with my boy Robin. Gonna be awesome. Just found the Lucina Amiibo, too.

Actually his popularity isn't even as high as Ike or Roy. But you can alway blame Smash for that.
The truth is that the lord will always be popular, unless you are male corrin that was the only lord from a localized game to not make the top 20 in choose your legends
Wait so Chrom's popularity was boosted because of Smash? Dang. I can see why though.

I'm still extremely salty about Male Corrin. Maybe that's another reason why I don't play Heroes anymore haha.
Of course the one time I actually like a "Lord" or a character, no one else does at all. It always happens.

Well Ike also greatly benefitted from Smash. Both his games did poorly. Path of Radiance perhaps did okay, but Radiant Dawn bombed.

also poor Eliwood, a lord overshadow by his son and His friends.

The real question is how did everyone remember that Dorcas meme lol

Galang

Banned
Chrom's popularity is weird to me as well. Most boring and safe lord thus far... Thankfully his genes produced the best character in the series so he wins some points for that

Sterok

The real question is how Lute was so popular. Not a lord, not from a popular game, no memes associated with her as far as I know. Not that I'm complaining, but she stands out even more than Dorcas to me.

From SD I consider Tiki and Caeda locks. Amiibo/OG dragon and sword peg/OG love interest. Draug needs to be in for an armor. Jagen or Camus needed for Lance cav. Merric or Linde maybe for another foot mage. Minerva maybe just because. Gordin or Jeorge maybe for an archer that uses an actual bow instead of a yumi. Those are the most likely candidates in my book.

Azuran

Banned
Chrom is popular because he's the main protagonist, has a cool design and personality, and is a great unit in battle. "Safe" doesn't matter when he was the very first lord a lot of players became familiar with.

Lyn is pretty much filler in FE7 and yet she's one of the most popular characters in the series because she was the first playable character a lot of us got to use.

CazTGG

There's dominated, and then there's nearly completely composed of.

When characters are the selling point, despise seems like the appropriate word.

On top of that, if we're talking legacy and impact, the very first Fire Emblem game to reach North America not getting any representation with Lyn, Hector or Eliwood is pathetic. I've accepted that it's pretty much going to be Marth & Tiki (maybe they'll throw in Caeda or Camus a bone via DLC) as the only non-3DS representatives, but i'm not going to pretend that this decision doesn't reek of the very worst kind of fan service, especially given how divisive a game Fates was for fans of Fire Emblem, even those who enjoyed Awakening. That aside, limiting the characters to just three entries is throwing away a plethora of opportunities for them to interact with one another: Imagine the amusement of seeing Tiki be introduced to dragons that don't use stones to transform, Eliwood dancing around who's Roy's father or Hector discussing sibling issues with Corrin.

Lyn is pretty much filler in FE7 and yet she's one of the most popular characters in the series because she was the first playable character a lot of us got to use.

Lyn's story is simple, it's meant to serve as the narrative justification for the tutorial but it still manages to be touching, possible the most heartfelt tale the series has told. Also: She tells bigots that they can shove it.

NeonZ

Cordelia,Tharja,Chrom, and Gaius were the top of the popularity polls. It's why they had the special event and three of them got look alikes in Fates.

You're forgetting Owain. Severa was a bit behind the other top girls, and just a distant 2nd gen 2nd place, and the same to a lesser extent goes to Inigo, but Owain was the actual 2nd place for males in the Japanese poll, only losing to Chrom (And he also beat Gaius in the Heroes poll if you add up Odin and Owain, although then Henry beats both).

Azuran

Banned
On top of that, if we're talking legacy and impact, the very first Fire Emblem game to reach North America not getting any representation with Lyn, Hector or Eliwood is pathetic. I've accepted that it's pretty much going to be Marth & Tiki (maybe they'll throw in Caeda or Camus a bone via DLC) as the only non-3DS representatives, but i'm not going to pretend that this decision doesn't reek of the very worst kind of fan service, especially given how divisive a game Fates was for fans of Fire Emblem, even those who enjoyed Awakening. That aside, limiting the characters to just three entries is throwing away a plethora of opportunities for them to interact with one another: Imagine the amusement of seeing Tiki be introduced to dragons that don't use stones to transform, Eliwood dancing around who's Roy's father or Hector discussing sibling issues with Corrin.

I think you're expecting way too much from a Musou game if you are expecting those types of things from this game.

Hyrule Warriors limited the base game to three games only as well. Yes, there were references to other games via moves and weapons, but Zelda characters appear in more than one game and have more history to pull from while Fire Emblem characters tend to be stuck in their own universe.

It's obvious they're going to release DLC that focuses on more games in the future just like they did with HW. I bet Tellius, Elibe, Gaiden/Sacred Stones, and Jugdral will all get DLC sets with respective playable characters, story maps, and other junk for everyone to enjoy.

Malyse

Lyn has an amazing critical hit.

latest

I wanna see that as a final smash.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I think you're expecting way too much from a Musou game if you are expecting those types of things from this game.

Hyrule Warriors limited the base game to three games only as well. Yes, there were references to other games via moves and weapons, but Zelda characters appear in more than one game and have more history to pull from while Fire Emblem characters tend to be stuck in their own universe.

It's obvious they're going to release DLC that focuses on more games in the future just like they did with HW. I bet Tellius, Elibe, Gaiden/Sacred Stones, and Jugdral will all get DLC sets with respective playable characters, story maps, and other junk for everyone to enjoy.

Basically my thoughts. There's precedent for them focusing on only a fraction of the possible characters, and it likely wasn't as noticeable or frustrating with Zelda because of how that franchise is.

As for DLC, I think we're definitely guaranteed Tellius and Elibe, with Gaiden being a safe bet as well. It'd be pretty awesome if they manage to cover all of the ones you listed. I wouldn't mind this game getting two seasons of DLC.

Quick question that my brief time with Google didn't answer: why did you list Gaiden and Sacred Stones together? Are their worlds connected in some way?

DVCY201

It isn't hate, it is salt. It doesn't help that Smash Bros and #FE are already full of 3DS Fire Emblem fanservice.

I think I'm like 1 of 12 people on GAF who played #FE and liked it LOL

Personally its not that I don't care for them, as I love pretty much any Fire Emblem I play. My general hate is only in the fact that this game isn't doing anything with the older titles besides stuff like Marth. Otherwise, this game is something I cannot wait for.

I get that. I really like Roy, ever since Melee; glad he got brought back for Smash. They could've probably balanced the roster better

Awakening and Fates have a different target audience than older FE. It's not hate, it's simply accepting those games aren't made for me. And that's ok.

That's really unfortunate to hear. I picked up Echoes and I'm looking forward to trying an older title.

NeonZ

Gaiden and Echoes in several ways are pretty different from the other older FEs too though...

We still haven't seen Tiki yet. She has to be in this when we have an amiibo of her. Will TGS have a Shadow Dragon blowout, or will Tiki be all she wrote because SD isn't popular enough?

I'd expect more characters, otherwise a "History" mode remaking Shadow Dragon while featuring only two characters would be really odd.

L95

What's the Reinhardt joke?

I don't know how big he actually is now, but he's one of the more powerful units in Heroes, I've seen tons of new fanart for him and stuff. Might just be websites/communities I go to though?

Quick question that my brief time with Google didn't answer: why did you list Gaiden and Sacred Stones together? Are their worlds connected in some way?

Gaiden is Sacred Stone's... dad? Grandpa? Sacred Stones is a random throwback to Gaiden/SoV mechanics in many areas, (Two Lords, World map, monsters... some other stuff I forget) so the games are often associated with each other. They're not related in story though.

Fun trivia fact no one cares about: Sacred Stones has a female Dragon-fang sword wielder in its backstory way before Lucina was a thing.

Is the warriors franchise like that? Something about easily sending dozens of soldiers flying like that just turns me off. Wish it was a tiny tad more realistic.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Is the warriors franchise like that? Something about easily sending dozens of soldiers flying like that just turns me off. Wish it was a tiny tad more realistic.

The warriors franchise is entirely this. Your basically asking if dragon ball Z is huge over the top explosions.

CazTGG

Of the series then 17 releases, Hyrule Warriors had multiple representatives from 5 Zelda games upon release:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Of its currently 15 releases, Fire Emblem Warriors has representatives from 3:

Fire Emblem: Dragon of Darkness and the Sword of Light
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Fire Emblem: Fates

Mechanically they're similar. Otherwise, Sacred Stones is only connected to Fire Emblem's timeline in as much as the characters from that game appeared in Awakening's DLC.

Of the series then 17 releases, Hyrule Warriors had multiple representatives from 5 Zelda games upon release:

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Mechanically they're similar. Otherwise, Sacred Stones is only connected to Fire Emblem's timeline in as much as the characters from that game appeared in Awakening's DLC.
On release Hyrule Warriors only had content from three games(OoT, TP and SS) like Fire Emblem. Subsequent DLC and rereleases had content from WW, MM, LA, and ALBW.

Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Skyward Sword

Hyrule Warriors had Ocarina,TP,and SS. Majoras Mash wasn't added till the DLC. Windwaker wasn't until the Legends realase and DLC.

Unless you think a quick moon cameo and the baton count as "representation." But I really don't think something on that level would please old school FE fand either.

Brunire

Chrom's popularity is weird to me as well. Most boring and safe lord thus far... Thankfully his genes produced the best character in the series so he wins some points for that

Hector is a descendant of Chrom? I really need to read up on FE lore.

;)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hoping for Gaius for an assassin character to be in this game. Would be so cool in a Warriors-style game.

I'm skipping Mario Odyssey for this since I only buy games after I finish the current one I'm playing.

I'm such a Fire Emblem Fanboy. Awakening and Fates are not even close to being my favorite FE games lol.

Hope that rumor direct happens next week

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm skipping Mario Odyssey for this since I only buy games after I finish the current one I'm playing.

I'm such a Fire Emblem Fanboy. Awakening and Fates are not even close to being my favorite FE games lol.

Hope that rumor direct happens next week

Could you point me to this rumor? I haven't heard it.

alvis.exe

Hoping for Gaius for an assassin character to be in this game. Would be so cool in a Warriors-style game.

I'm slightly surprised they haven't revealed a ninja/assassin character yet considering how many different ninja movesets they can lift from Samurai Warriors heh.

Personally hoping for Kaze. Would suck if Fates representation was only the royals and no one else. At least give Corrin her retainers.

Because we're never getting Matthew.

Gradivus

I'm slightly surprised they haven't revealed a ninja/assassin character yet considering how many different ninja movesets they can lift from Samurai Warriors heh.

Personally hoping for Kaze. Would suck if Fates representation was only the royals and no one else. At least give Corrin her retainers.

Because we're never getting Matthew.

Shurikens aren't in the game, so ninjas probably aren't in it.

LordKano

If they're not counting the clones then we're still at 18 different characters. Maybe we'll get more Shadow Dragon characters than I thought.

Could you point me to this rumor? I haven't heard it.
It's not a rumor. Just speculation.

- Nintendo usually hosts a Fall Direct in September
- Some 2017 games still don't have a release date
- ARMS update is coming sometime this month
- Fire Emblem Warriors is coming out soon and they still have a lot to reveal
- Tokyo Game Show excitement

Effect

This is so damn annoying. I hate that in the end they're going to try and milk everyone dry by putting up the characters people want as DLC. Ugh. I want to play a FE Warriors game but at the same time I don't want to support how they're going about making this particular game. The roster should be the main draw here and it really isn't. I don't know what I'm going to do with this. At best I can just skip the release and get it later and see how it ultimately turns out. If that lessens my chance of getting the game in the end then so be it.

Unless they do a blow out and a ton of characters that are not Fates or Awakening related get announced I might be taking a pass.

MrPanic

Man, as much as I've been a fan of Hyrule Warriors, Warrior games in general and to an extend Fire Emblem games, everything about this game is just pissing me off. From the cheap looking artstyle to the bland looking fight animations to the completely unlikable character selection. I've been itching for a new Warriors game especially for on my Switch, but this game is really not doing it for me so far. I really hope they still have some surprises up their sleeve because even tho I never disliked their dlc method on both Hyrule Warriors and its New3DS version, the base Hyrule Warriors was a way more appealing looking package than this is so far for me.

NeonZ

Unless they do a blow out and a ton of characters that are not Fates or Awakening related get announced I might be taking a pass.

They seem stupid enough they won't do it, but the only characters they'd need to add to the roster to have most popular FE characters, outside of SD, Awakening and Fates, would be Roy, Ike, Lyn and Hector. I really don't see why they couldn't do it. Add a more complete cast for a few series and then fan favorites for the others.

L95

Yeah, I'm suprised they didn't throw Ike and Roy in. I understand why not on including Lyn and Hector, they were surprised how well the GBA characters did in the poll so I don't think they thought they were particularly popular. (According to an interview, anyway, I can find it later if you would like)

As a Fates and Awakening fan I'm quite happy with the way the roster is shaping up. The Smash is the most likely first batch of DLC and since that's where my only non Awakening/Fates knowledge comes from I'm content.

Top Bottom