• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First person shooter, Deceive Inc, Open Beta goes live tomorrow on PC, PS5, Xbox Series X/S

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Deathloopylike?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Animation work leaves quite a bit to be desired. Also, the aesthetic overall feels like this needed one or two more passes by the artistic lead before settling on something final.

. . .that said, I've always wanted a "spy game" set in an immersive world, where you had to suss out who was the bad guy (player controlled) and vice-versa for the others. This looks like an interesting spin on the BR or hero-shooter format (not sure which it is), but I have a hard time believing this isn't just going to devolve into the same-old same-old gameplay of the genre.

Deathloopylike?

Because they both have black male leads with stylized 60's character designs right? That's literally the point of this post.

Because they both have black male leads with stylized 60's character designs right? That's literally the point of this post.
You got me, man.

Yes, the style, music, sound cues and trying to sneakily kill each other reminded me of Deathloop. And now that you mention it: I guess the characters are also the same skin color! Wow.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
The Ship was fun as a Half-Life mod but it seems none of the stuff that came after it, The Ship 2, Murder Party, Remasted, Bloody Good Time, improved the formula meaningfully. This looks like the same thing too, is the studio comprised of former Outerlight staff or they just loved it that much?

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Again, that's not an art style, that is just shitastic graphics because they don't have the skills necessary. "Art style" is the politically correct term for "shitastic graphics".

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Again, that's not an art style, that is just shitastic graphics because they don't have the skills necessary. "Art style" is the politically correct term for "shitastic graphics".
So, art style is only realistic visuals?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

The graphics are fine. Gameplay is way more important anyway.

Looks like previews are dropping now.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Isn't it like Among Us but in first person?

Not really. Among Us is an extremely social game. Talking with others is one of the core mechanics. This seems to be non social unless you playing teams, and then you only seem to be communicating with teammates.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Politically correct term? 🤡

So, art style is only realistic visuals?
On GAF, some people are upset because 4k native, ray tracing, and Covid set back the next-gen graphics race a bit. So they take out their frustrations on games that don't look realistic like this one.

Either that, or some of these posters are teenagers/early 20s types who think that a game has to look and be mature for them to feel more mature playing it. It's been a never ending cycle since Wind Waker.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Give it a shot yet?

Yeah, I played about 3 hrs. All solo, no teams yet.

Too early to tell but I'm intrigued...which is more than I can say for 99% of this industries games. I do like that waypoint trail they give you. Makes learning these complex levels much more manageable. I'll be playing a bunch this weekend.

What about you?

Luipadre

Just played 2 rounds. Yeah this is mad fun. Sadly it will probably die out in a month like every good multiplayer nowadays :(

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Just played 2 rounds. Yeah this is mad fun. Sadly it will probably die out in a month like every good multiplayer nowadays :(

I've put 7 hours into it the past 2 days. It did enough for me to buy it on release but I'm not confident there will be a playerbase in 6 months. The progression is pretty weak and all the games blend together pretty fast.

The game will also have bonds and seasonal content

Still in early access lmao. I remember watching NorthernLion play a bunch of the beta a decade ago.
What a shame. I was put on to this game by the guys at 4PlayerPodcast. The idea for the game is so cool. There’s no excuse for this game to not have a publisher. I truly believe at this point, if it’s still in early access, then this is all on the developer.

Top Bottom