• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First placeholder price for Nintendo Switch - $329CAD (~$245 USD)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That would be great, but it's still placeholder around 2 months before the Switch Presentation, so better to not start with enthusiasm right away. Still expecting 299.99, for now.

sphinx

the piano man
Nintendo, please have a Zelda Bundle with the physical game in it, announce a Metroid (ANY FUCKING METROID, prime or 2d) in January and I'll buy your console for 300 euro.

deal?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Wait, where is that product page? Nintendo Switch on the site comes up with nothing.

EDIT: Oh there it is.

AniHawk

$299.99 with a game (like mario) would make the most sense for me.

$249.99 standalone is the next scenario i could see happening. the system won't be over $300.

One hundred and ninety nine Brexitland Sterling

I have a feeling this thread won't last long, but it's more believable than the previous ones to me.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Man if they can hit $250 U.S and equivalent overseas, they're gonna sell a ton. Imho $300 is too high.

At $250 they're coming in under Xbox/PS4 pricing, right where they need to be.

Fingers crossed.

kaskade

249 is a nice price. I was expecting 299. Which I still wouldn't mind either if this doesn't end up being the really price.

I guess i'm kinda disturbed a bit by that title since this isn't the first placeholder price, no matter how generic or specific price listed lol.
but anyway, that is a good price when directly converted to USD

Noobcraft

I'd be pretty happy if it launches cheaper than the Wii U ever got in its lifespan. The pricetag of the hardware is one of the big reasons I never got one.

$250 for Switch, Dock and Joy Con Grip (<might be sold sepperatly)
$60 for Switch Pro Controller
$60 for BotW
Total: $380 +tax at launch.

Already better and cheaper than Wii U on launch day if at that price XD

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I suspect that we're gonna see insane WiiU Black Friday sales so Nintendo can blow out the rest of their inventory. I'm talking $100 bundle systems.

Edit: I could see Nintendo going the $250 route with just the system and $300 with a pack
in. You want to move systems, you pack in TLOZ:BOTW. ;)

Top Bottom