• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(First?) Shots of Sonic Unleashed

Snaku

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
inb4 insanely hype driven members saying "..Sonic 06 wasn't that bad"

They could maybe have a case if there weren't 30-60 second load times for every sentence of a dialog box.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

I guess the design is alright, it's just a weird choice when deciding to go back to the series' gameplay roots. Why not just go with Gold Sonic and be done with it? Oh well, I can't really complain at this point.

Shins

Banned
Superblatt said:
I guess the design is alright, it's just a weird choice when deciding to go back to the series' gameplay roots. Why not just go with Gold Sonic and be done with it? Oh well, I can't really complain at this point.
something to do with that opening cinematic with Robotnik. Super Sonic powers drained, etc.

Superblatt said:
Wow...Wolf Sonic looks...

sonicunleashedart1.jpg

:lol :lol

This is the only part I'm still negative about at the moment. Oh well it's not like this one thing can ruin the entire game right?....right?

Wizpig

Gagaman said:
If those screens and the footage are fake you can call it the most elaborate fake ever. :lol

Btw, found (slightly) better quality footage, if it hasn't been linked here already. The frame rate of the video is still crap though.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6489357cYqdwfGa
... Are you serious?
I'm not saying the footage is fake, i said it yesterday when only the first pics were released.
And i said: IMHO it's fake.
Now i'm saying: The news about "Sonic+Tails+Knuckles are back"
"Sonic the Hedgehog returns for a full-blown, action-packed adventure through the desolate and unpredictable World of Mubuz, a world dictated by an evil Dragon Lord, Immarius.
Upon entering Muboz, Sonic fights an evil power which turns all the inhabitance into dangerous beasts.

1. Become Wolf Sonic and fight enemies like never before using rapid combo manouvers and Ring Energy
2. Play as Sonic, Knuckles or Tails through 12 packed stages
3. Extensive gameplay brings 2D Sonic gameplay back to home consoles"

"SEGA Confirms a release in 2008, 2D-Gameplay and, so far, 3 playable characters-only
Our surces indicate a presentation during SEGA Gamer’s Day in May at “E3 Time” and reveal a worldwide Launch in November 2008. We have tons of more info on SEGA Gamer’s Day, a possible OutRun 3 and … the Release of Yakuza 2 and 3 in the West. Stay tuned, guys! "
HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE FAKE, it's NOT IMHO.

Gagaman

Wizpig said:
... Are you serious?
I'm not saying the footage is fake, i said it yesterday when only the first pics were released.
Fair enough, got the wrong end of the tail, sorry.

Snaku

Banned
Superblatt said:

:lol

Not necessarily laughing at you, but at GAF in general. Super Sonic is a-ok, even though it's a direct homage to Dragon Ball Z, which a majority of GAF loathes. I wonder if Feral Sonic would receive as much hate if it had been introduced in Sonic 2?

Wizpig said:
... Are you serious?

At this point, what idiot seriously believes all this to be fake? That's just laughable now. Between the abundant screens and leaked video, it's pretty much confirmed for me outside a press release.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Tiduz said:
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT

Sega Actually Listened?

WHAT
SEGA* is always listening, and I think that's exactly why their games suck so badly. It's like the complete opposite of Nintendo.
*modern SEGA I mean.

Dever

Banned
DKnight said:
SEGA* is always listening, and I think that's exactly why their games suck so badly. It's like the complete opposite of Nintendo.
*modern SEGA I mean.

Yeah, too bad they've been reading Sonic Passion instead of GAF up until now, it seems.

Blueblur1

This just happened.

sonic06disc1.jpg

sonic06disc2.jpg

Let's just say that Radical Train with Shadow isn't my idea of fun. Don't ask why I bothered to play this game again because I'm still asking myself.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Wizpig said:
... Are you serious?
I smell a ban bet here... I'll take it up. :D

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The video was very cool! Good old Sonic gameplay and all.

Kreed

schuelma said:
1. Become Wolf Sonic and fight enemies like never before using rapid combo manouvers and Ring Energy

I'm still concerned about Wolf Sonic, but this gives me some hope about the mechanic. The "ring energy" part makes this sound like a new version of the Super Sonic, where Sonic can transform into a more powerful version of himself as long as he has rings to use as an energy source. It's just a matter of how do these "rapid combo maneuvers" work and how often will Sega force us to use them.

The important thing is that this is "Wolf Sonic" and that suggests that he will still control like Sonic, as opposed to a new Wolf character with a yet another different game play style that no one wants in a Sonic game.

As for Tails and Knuckles, until I see screens/video showing they control/play like Sonic but with "additional abilities" and absolutely no wacky Knuckles treasure hunting rap songs, I'm going to remain skeptical.

"Now i'm saying: The news about "Sonic+Tails+Knuckles are back"

HAS BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE FAKE, it's NOT IMHO."

What site has confirmed only having 3 characters to be fake?

I'll make a guarantee. Should this game be announced exclusive for one of the 2 Next Generation consoles, this game's level of hype is going to hit legendary proportions.

PS3 Exclusive
:D

Teknoman

Whats with people saying Secret Rings was ugly anyway? It was one of the few Wii games that actually pushed the system past last gen quality (graphics wise anyway) before Metroid Prime 3 released. I mean Sand Oasis and Levitated Ruin looked great, and the water in Pirate storm during that log surfing part looked amazing.

DuckRacer

Shinblade said:
Please for the love of god... who is making it?
Dude, you know as much as everyone else. All we have are screenshots, a leaked video, and a supposed leaked fact sheet that doesn't mention who the developer is. Hell, this whole thing was leaked to begin with.

Pai Pai Master said:
Why would they make it PS3 exclusive when Sonic 2006 bombed equally on both platforms?

I'm just playing around, but the statement is still very much true.

If this were to ever be confirmed 360 or PS3 exclusive, the hype would be taken to all new heights.

Gagaman

solid2snake said:
a sonic fps in the half-life universe? Sonic gets missions by the G-man and uses the portal gun :lol
Well Gearbox are developing a Wii port of Samba De Amigo, so weirder things have happened. :lol

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If nothing else makes you believe that this is real, the horrendous image of dr. sonic/sonic hyde should fucking convince you: SEGA is definitely still behind this, and the chance at major suckage is very, very high.

Top Bottom