• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed VITA screenshots.

Anyone know if December 18th is still the date for this in NA? I'll probably go with this for the Vita as I'm looking for a good easy to pick up and play racer for the handheld and this looks exactly like the type of game I'd rather play im bed as opposed to on my 360 or PS3 anyways.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Surprised at how many people think the Vita version looks good seeing how it is lacking shaders. It definitely could have looked better. Then again, I haven't seen anything too bad in the game so fa-
HDrZx.jpg

Oh.

Anyway, here are more screenshots I took: http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/12/s...-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-for-vita/
It looks mixed. There ARE definitely shaders being used, though (the water in the first shots), but not to the degree that we see on consoles. At least it appears to be the complete game. The DS and iOS versions of the original were all massively pared down in comparison.

Tailer

Similar question for anyone who owns it: does it support gyro control in airplane mode?
Yes it does, and no you don't wanna use i, unless you like that sort of stuff (I know I don't). Tried it one game urgh had a hard time keeping the car going straight :/.

Anyone know if December 18th is still the date for this in NA? I'll probably go with this for the Vita as I'm looking for a good easy to pick up and play racer for the handheld and this looks exactly like the type of game I'd rather play im bed as opposed to on my 360 or PS3 anyways.

I think the 12/18 date will be kept.

It was made briefly available in EU PSN (and some retail stores over there). It should be available again, in EU on Friday - so, the US date (seeing it avail elsewhere by then) should be feasible.

Skyzard

Banned
Cross-post from vita thread:

The road texture in the earlier screens look fine in-game btw. Other tracks have great textures. Some better than others. Occasional slow-down, doesn't affect gameplay/enjoyment much at all. Samba level has a bit of an annoying one when you take this certain corner just before the water section as someone else also mentioned earlier.

Skyzard

Banned
4/5 of those are gorgeous. I'm happy.

How do Race of Ages/Golden Axe look?

Haven't got to those stages yet I don't think.

The road doesn't look great in that one screen shot but there was this cool track hazard with the lasers being fired by aliens so thought I'd show it.

Fun game though :)

Top Bottom