• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

So I'm in the army and I've been having some trouble losing weight. I don't really know what to do. Before going in I did keto to help me though the plateau. But right now I can't really do that since the cafeteria just sucks in terms of options.

My doctor said to avoid carbs but the nutritionist said today to eat carbs and to make sure I eat enough to hit the 1800cal mark.

Just having a hard time losing weight, been on a plateau since basic, well I gained 10lbs at basic but since then I haven gained nor lost.

Any advice gaf? currently at 187lbs, 68 inches height.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
fitbros, what kinda bicep exercises can i do with a hurt wrist? regular curls (both dumbbell and barbell/ez-bar) are out - i can do hammer curls fairly well, but I don't really feel anything when I do them. I try to squeeze the muscle when i do the exercise, but afterwards the muscle never feels hard like when i do regular curls, so I don't even know if I should continue doing them.

I also can no longer do my beloved wrist curls, so I'm in need of a new forearm exercise as well.

help

Whoa I just tried doing a pull-up while waiting for my next set and it was really easy compared to when I first started Starting Strength

Still a fat piece of shit tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought deload week suppose to be easy. Maybe because I only had about a minute to rest in between sets because I was working in with others
I should have just took my time but I finished both squats and deadlifts.

Day 1 of the cut. 1x5 @ 385 lbs for squats. 1x1 @ 405, 410, 415. I felt like I could have gone for a new PR at 430 but decided to save it for next time.

💪💪💪💪

Today's another day 1 for me. Went to a friend's birthday party where there was booze and potato balls. I am weak.

Let's do this!

Day 1 baybay. Let's do this.

3 donuts...

They sound fantastic right now.

Szu

i think at this point you should just not leave the couch.

For reference, this is Pyscho's couch.

cart_crash.gif

ACE 1991

So my body sucks at doing 5x5 heavy bench, 3 sets seems to be sweet spot for my 5RM. Anything wrong with going 3x5 work set and then 2x5 5-10lb that weight?

mdsfx

Running is so much harder at the gym with no ventilation. I ran 7 miles at what would normally be a fairly comfortable pace of 7:55/mi. My heart rate averaged 170bpm for the 55 minutes :[

Ixian

I think 3 sets of bench is just fine once you hit a certain point. Maybe make the last set AMRAP if you still feel like you have gas in the tank.

ACE 1991

I think 3 sets of bench is just fine once you hit a certain point. Maybe make the last set AMRAP if you still feel like you have gas in the tank.

Yeah, this is what I've been doing. AMRAP almost always is still a set of 5 though, lol. I want to be able to hit 225 for two reps by the end of the year, we'll see. I'm sure I could do it if I decided to dirty bulk, I've noticed that my bench goes up pretty linearly with my weight.

thinking of picking up some knee sleeve. probably some SBD or Strong sleeve. but i hear the new strong sleeve still rips at the seam. and SBD seem to last better overall.

KmA

Is it a reasonable goal to expect to be able to hit 405 on squats after 2 years of lifting? I've been lifting for a little over a year and hit 325 on squats and 335 on deadlifts today. I feel like I'm gonna start plateauing soon though

my core is so sore. ive been improving my breathing and bracing more but shit man. deload week repeat next monday. i'm dreading monday since it's the heavy day. gotta fuel up since i go after work

bchamba

Bench keeps going up. Wanted to work up to a heavy double today, 315 moved good so bumped it up to 325 and hit it for 2 @9. Backed off with a 6x4 with 290. 314 is what I hit for my 3rd attempt at my meet in September and now that's looking like an opener.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I've been stalling on bench forever.

What program have you all had success with to break bench plateaus?

SeanR1221

Lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. 8 more weeks to go. Averaging 1800 calories a day (less on rest, more on workout days). Hopefully I can let this ride for a few more weeks.

mdsfx

Going back to see Katie Hoff again tomorrow for swim analysis/training. I completely scrapped everything I was doing and started over. I feel like I've been eating sleeping and breathing swimming. It's been a little frustrating but it's getting a lot better. I swam 1 mile with the new technique today. Hopefully the hard work pays off.

Side note: Amazingly enough, by changing my stroke all of my shoulder pain has completely gone away.

Why do you care about not eating after 7? I eat right up until I sleep (intermittent fasting).
Same here
Lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks. 8 more weeks to go. Averaging 1800 calories a day (less on rest, more on workout days). Hopefully I can let this ride for a few more weeks.
Awesome! Nice work

Beth Cyra

Dang got my first injury in a long time.

Nothing to serious thankfully.

Was doing my sets of Plate Loaded Squat Press and by the end my left leg was Numb. Woke this morning an my ankle is killing me and my hip is spicy. So taking a day off.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
So FitGAF, what are your thoughts on Nike Romaleo 2s? I've been eyeing them lately, but damn those prices are hard to swallow.

Top Bottom