• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

You'd weep yourself to sleep if you saw what they cost in Europe.

:(

Edit - I was actually astonished at how US supermarkets seemed to stock a MASSIVE amount of protein bars. Entire shelves worth. You'd be lucky to see 5 varieties in the UK.

Szu

Edit - I was actually astonished at how US supermarkets seemed to stock a MASSIVE amount of protein bars. Entire shelves worth. You'd be lucky to see 5 varieties in the UK.

ACTUAL footage of Pyscho and his wife arriving at an American supermarket.

FrankHarshHamadryas-small.gif

what is this grenade i keep seeing on instagram. that's EU exclusive. is it even good. it LOOKS good. but i can't tell from all these paid shills.

Sometimes we have a different way of measuring progress. Today, that measurement for me is the ordering of a new Olympic bar, which I did a few hours ago on Amazon.com.

The weight set that I bought at the beginning of the year included a bar that was only rated for 300 pounds. I told myself I wouldn't actually put 300 on it, because I didn't want to actually take it to its limit. Today, I squatted 245.

It's time for a new bar.

what is this grenade i keep seeing on instagram. that's EU exclusive. is it even good. it LOOKS good. but i can't tell from all these paid shills.

Funnily enough I just ordered a variety pack of them. Could end up being shit, but they get good reviews (as you said, probably paid for).

KillerBEA

Y’all do any chest exercises besides bench press?
Incline Bench, and Cable flyes for me right now.

I do Incline work on my OHP day.

My Bench workout is a top set of Pause Bench, volume touch and go Bench and at the end of that workout I do 2 sets of 20 on flyes to pump blood into the chest.

KmA

How long would it take to add about 30 pounds to my squat max? I'm attempting 375 today and I'd like to get to 405x1 by February at least.

How long would it take to add about 30 pounds to my squat max? I'm attempting 375 today and I'd like to get to 405x1 by February at least.

How long is a piece of string? You might be near your max already (in which case, a long time), or you might be capable of 600 one day (in which case, probably not long).

vypek

If people who are losing weight hinder themselves with a slow metabolism by severely under eating in the right calorie range; does that mean they'll fix their metabolism by increasing the calories to the right range?

DOWN

Banned
On a day where I am lifting at like midnight and will be in bed an hour after, what should I eat after? Still mix a whey protein shake before bed even if trying to avoid gaining fat?

Also I feel way more hot blooded lately... AC is never cool enough.

bchamba

On a day where I am lifting at like midnight and will be in bed an hour after, what should I eat after? Still mix a whey protein shake before bed even if trying to avoid gaining fat?

Also I feel way more hot blooded lately... AC is never cool enough.

You don't gain weight by eating before bed. You gain weight by eating in a caloric surplus

KmA

How long is a piece of string? You might be near your max already (in which case, a long time), or you might be capable of 600 one day (in which case, probably not long).

Well I've been lifting for about 2 years now and I think I've been steadily increasing. My lifts are really weird they progress at random rates. Like I was stuck at a 185 bench for months and then randomly a few weeks ago I got 210x3. And I doubt I'll ever get 600 pounds lol. I'm 5'7 and nearish 180 pounds I might get 495 one day... but that's pretty far down the line.

DOWN

Banned
You don't gain weight by eating before bed. You gain weight by eating in a caloric surplus
Ok... so it won’t matter that I immediately go into 8 hrs Of sleep as long as the protein or whatever I have at bedtime falls into my calorie goals?

It’s hard to shake misconceptions

Ok... so it won't matter that I immediately go into 8 hrs Of sleep as long as the protein or whatever I have at bedtime falls into my calorie goals?

It's hard to shake misconceptions

Just don't read threads about food intake in the OT forum, lest you be scared of everything.

The real thing you should worry about is if eating so late might disturb your sleep. If acid reflux and other late night eating ailments aren't a problem for you, and you need more protein to hit your protein goal, then go right ahead. Otherwise, get your protein before your workout. (You don't necessarily need it right after unless you're in a fasted state. If your body already has the protein and carbs it needs, then you're good.)

Damn , just bought a bunch from MyProtein...

How are the flavours from there? Theres been a few times where ive bought a kg of a new flavour i havent tried only to hate it. I consumed them only because i didnt want to be wasteful but they legit made me gag a few times.

I don't know how BulkPowders taste, it's my first order from them. I went for Banana Fudge.

Before I've been buying whatever whey was on offer at Amazon. Which was usually 1kg of Banofee MyProtein or Cherry Bakewell Musclefood and then mixing it with full fat Greek yoghurt. That way it's more like a dessert. For me it's less of a chore to eat that way rather than mixing it with water and drinking it.

Fingers crossed that Banana Fudge isn't terrible...

Tuorom

Neo Member
Is it normal for my left delts to have more visible striations than my right delts?

I do the same exact weight and reps for each side...

People aren't necessarily symmetrical.

TheLegendaryDarkKnight said:
I might peak in and see whats up . It'll probably send my blood pressure up so maybe i shouldnt.

This thread increases my blood pressure enough.

Szu

Haven't done a progress pic in a while. I like to think of it as a regress pic. It's my best effort to keep myself from regressing into a lump of dough.

Here's to my 43 year old dad bod.

2Kp2ev3_d.jpg

Dawg

Anyone know some good 1000-1500 calorie shake recipes? I'd like something with relatively cheap ingredients so I can drink it twice a day. Morning and evening.

Thinking something along the line of whole milk, peanut butter, raw eggs and banana...

Anyone know some good 1000-1500 calorie shake recipes? I'd like something with relatively cheap ingredients so I can drink it twice a day. Morning and evening.

Thinking something along the line of whole milk, peanut butter, raw eggs and banana...

You could throw yogurt and oats in it.

Yeah, the most common of the recipes around here is basically that plus some oats. I'd personally go for whey vs eggs, but there's not really a wrong answer.

Montresor

I've gone from 255lbs to 228lbs. This feels good.

My goal:

Go down to 200lbs by February 2018.

I'll think about goals beyond 200lbs once I get there.

i enjoyed the eggs and vegan sausage with baby bella a little oto much.

vegan sausage has the mouth feel of hot dogs. even when you crisp it up. it uses TVP (Textured vegetable protein which is soy based)

Top Bottom