• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT11 | Roll on the Euros and transfer muppetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

sportingintelligence @sportingintel
#rovers As written in yesterday's MoS (http://www.*****************/sport/football/article-2146933/Steve-Kean-sacked-Blackburn.html) #brfc press officer Paul Agnew promoted to board, now officially confirmed. As also written, this NOT a good sign for fans who want SK removed, as it shows SK retains influence. Full bkgrnd in yesterday's piece. Virtually EVERYBODY at Rovers in Ewood and in Pune still want SK gone, completely. Mrs D and perhaps Agnew remain only backers. Very good sources still saying that SK role will be changed. But like all things in madhouse, unlikely to get any swift confirmation. What seems certain, as written yesterday, is SK stays at club in some capacity. That in itself won't please most fans. Have asked 'Director of Communications' Agnew for confirmation this morning. But suspect he's as clueless as rest of the board. The depressing reality is the Ewood board has been utterly impotent, and kept in dark about all key decisions, for 18 months. The letter in Jan 11 from Williams and Co showed it. The recent Hunt letter showed it. Agnew is now director of comms & on board. If Agnew has a clue, or influence, it is incumbent on him to tell fans, NOW, what is happening. Suspicion is he has neither. These are dark days for Blackburn. Something v wrong at heart of the club. Trust me, we ARE trying to tell it.......

choodi

Banned
pardew.gif

Amazing!!!!!

Wilbur

Banned
That Pardew gif is probably the greatest thing ever invented.

Score!: I don't know what the trick is really, just get completely the right line and pace they want you to. Out of the amateur for 2010 and 2000, I can't get 3 stars on Portugal vs Belgium and Macedonia vs England

Blackburn: what the fuck is going on

Kagawa: don't break my heart Shinji

pappe

Damn, i wanted the subtitle to be.

Football Thread 2011/2012 [OT11] Of OT looking to sign Football thread from Community.

Or

Football Thread 2011/2012 [OT11] Of handing in a transfer request to force a move to OT!

fuenf

Reading today Kicker was pure torture but on the plus side they talked about everything that is wrong with Bayern (the not so world class Robbery-pairing, Gomez doesnt fit the with inverted wingers, mental toughness, the bench). So there's hope that these type of things will be discussed now and will hopefully change.

Choc

Banned
Whats AVB like in the transfer market?

I don't think Kenny got sacked for Liverpool not making the CL. It was the abject failure of the massive signings he made in money

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Del Piero "We didn’t put the cherry on top, but we did take home the cake."

Hehe. That we did!

Sloosha

I don't think Kenny got sacked for Liverpool not making the CL. It was the abject failure of the massive signings he made in money

Mata was a good signing. Romeu looks promising.

EDIT: Forgot about Meireles. He's been an important player at times.

Will Liverpool be linked with Pereira and Moutinho now?

pappe

Mata , Cahill all solid signings.

Have heard good things about Marin.

Oh forgot about Meireles too. Guess thats an indication of his impact.

Since when was there a Top Cat film coming out...? Only just saw a trailer now on TV but haven't seen a single thing about it on the internet or on TV prior. Plus a June 1st release? Immense bomba incoming.

They tried to release a film about his beginning.

Instead, they could find his end.

In other news, hearing Torres is PISSED

N'Doye is apparently as good as gone. A premier league club should be interested and we have a gentleman agreement with him that if any club from one of the biggest leagues makes a decent bid we let him go.

Choc

Banned
yeah Cahill has turned out much better than I expected

guess AVB does know a transfer :)

hmm, im warming to the idea of having him at Liverpool. FSG want a 4 year project, Liverpool are a big club and im sure AVB wants to prove he can make it in the PL and rub Chelsea in it

edit: RDM would be the first manager in history to be sacked after winning the UCL right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yeah Cahill has turned out much better than I expected

guess AVB does know a transfer :)

hmm, im warming to the idea of having him at Liverpool. FSG want a 4 year project, Liverpool are a big club and im sure AVB wants to prove he can make it in the PL and rub Chelsea in it

edit: RDM would be the first manager in history to be sacked after winning the UCL right?

Jupp Heynckes with Madrid.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ade's twitter:

"Loved my spell at Tottenham. We are working hard with the chairman (Daniel Levy) to make it permanent. Will keep you informed!!"

All hope is not lost! Even if Modders departs, I still think we are a highly attractive club and hopefully lower-key players like Dembele and Hoilett will want to play for us.

He also wouldn't be sacked seeing as his contract as caretaker is running out in like two weeks, Drogba isn't exactly getting sacked either... Still far from sure that letting Di Matteo stay as a manager would be a good idea, he has shown he can get the max out of the current Chelsea squad and he needs every bit of respect for that. But can he be the head of rebuilding this new team?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heynckes got sacked by Real after winning the CL, so RDM wouldn't be the first.

He also wouldn't be sacked seeing as his contract as caretaker is running out in like two weeks, Drogba isn't exactly getting sacked either... Still far from sure that letting Di Matteo stay as a manager would be a good idea, he has shown he can get the max out of the current Chelsea squad and he needs every bit of respect for that. But can he be the head of rebuilding this new team?

I don't think Lampard or Terry will be too happy about that...

Thought I might as well add my 2 cents on the final, after being a long time lurker and Chelsea fan. I meant to add something last night but the forum was down.

Even though from a neutrals perspective it might have been dull due to the tactics employed by Chelsea I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. So many players that had me worried due to their inclusion had me eating crow by the end of the night. Then there's Drogba. There isn't much I could say about his performance that hasn't already been said. Positively massive and while I'd be happy to see him stick around at the same time I certainly wouldn't begrudge him for leaving on such a high note.

Commiserations to Bayern, I can see why they might feel they 'deserved' the win. Personally I don't subscribe that line of thought but they should still be able to go away thinking there's no reason why they can't be challenging for the title once again next year and with the final being held at Wembely, that might just add a little bit more incentive.

I'm also a little saddened to see Spurs being knocked out of CL contention will likely lead to a mass exodus. While I was certainly excited at the prospect of Modric at Chelsea last season, their rise to be a genuine force in the league just makes it all the more interesting to me, so I hope they're not impacted too greatly.

In any case, I'm just ecstatic at the turn around after things were looking particularly grim, an amazing fairy tale for Di Matteo. I do feel for AVB who was probably fired for doing what he was tasked to do, although perhaps with a little too much zeal if the reports are to be believed. It will be interesting to see what pans out on the managerial front. While Di Matteo seems to have demonstrated the ability to raise morale and employ strong defensive tactics you can see how Abrahmovic might view that as a regression to the tried and true defensive Mourinho tactics and not a step toward the beautiful football he apparently desires. That and there's the whole matter of rebuilding I guess.

Anyway, with transfers a plenty and the Euros and Olympics, the weeks ahead should be good times.

The only thing that makes John Terry truly happy is another man's wife.

Well no idea how Di Matteos wife looks, saw one of his kids run up to him and kiss him (and Luiz, lol) though, so there's possible a wife for Terry to fuck somewhere. No matter how she looks she is no doubt better than Avram Grants wife, that crazy woman drank her own piss on live tv. Now that I can understand Terry not being into.

http://i.imgur.com/KqxDu.jpg

Also bathed in chocolate!

elseanio

Yay new thread. This will probably take us to the new season (if people use the other Euros thread) so I will start working on some things for the next OT. If anyone has any ideas or wants to contribute something, send me a PM.

Lol, gotta love the bitter tears, at least Holloway has more class than his players;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18143836

"Alex Baptiste has criticised West Ham's style of football and referee Howard Webb after Blackpool's 2-1 play-off final loss at Wembley on Saturday.

"We were the better side," the defender told BBC Radio Lancashire. "It was embarrassing at times. They just hoof it long and hope for the best.

"It's a foul on me for the second goal, so the ref has done us no favours.

"I suppose everyone got what they wanted. Everyone wanted West Ham to win because they're a team from London."

"I wouldn't survive in their team because I'm not tall enough. All of them are 8ft tall."

"Maybe we didn't deserve it [promotion] last time, but we sure as hell deserved it this time."

Regardless of how West Ham played on the day, perhaps Blackpool should be blaming themselves for; a) failing to put away their numerous chances in the final, b) failing to put up any fight against West Ham in the league, losing 4-0 at home and 4-1 away, and c) failing to secure automatic promotion, finishing a massive 11 points behind us. If anyone would have a right to feel aggrieved after losing that final, it would have been us, but that's the essence of the play-off's, it's all down to how you do on the day, and Blackpool just weren't good enough.

Salazar

"We were the better side," the defender told BBC Radio Lancashire. "It was embarrassing at times. They just hoof it long and hope for the best.

That fucking Allardyce sprung surprise tactics on em ?

That fucking Allardyce sprung surprise tactics on em ?

Lol, kind of, seeing as both times we played them in the league they were such a non-threat that we were able to play the kind of flowing, attacking football we couldn't on Saturday. It's a credit to how well Holloway had them prepared that they managed to peg us back to such a degree and force the long ball, but it's still pretty amusing to see them whinge when they threw away so much possession with misplaced long-balls and their only goal was a replica of our first, hoof from the halfway line and all.

At the end of the day, we're 3 for 3 over Blackpool, with 10 goals scored, 2 goals conceded and 11 more points in the league. And one of those matches saw us down to 10 men for about 60 minutes with a midfielder in goal. Deserved winners, and not just on the day.

Sappy113

BUT STANDING ISN'T SAFE

Amazing photo, imagine how intimidated away teams must feel.

Yea, that photo is amazing. I can't wrap my mind properly around how utterly massive that terrace is. Good job on Dortmund, creating a stand like that for their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom