• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For $30/£20 a year EA Access is blowing me away

It's great if there are several EA games that you actually enjoy. Unfortunately for me, the only EA game I'll be buying this year is Dragon Age: Inquisition, and not digitally, so it's just not worth it for me.

The last EA game I bought was Battlefield 4, and that's because I needed/wanted a shooter that wasn't Killzone with my launch console. The model is great though. Not too many publishers that could do this.

therapist

Since i have pc and xbone , i may bite on this once the new BF releases.
Its a pretty good deal , a really good one for sports fans especially.

I'm interested in giving this a shot, but I read it was difficult to cancel / opt out of auto-renewal.

Can anyone say how hard / easy the cancellation process is? I just don't want to be stuck if I don't like/need it. Thanks!

Ade

I'm interested in giving this a shot, but I read it was difficult to cancel / opt out of auto-renewal.

Can anyone say how hard / easy the cancellation process is? I just don't want to be stuck if I don't like/need it. Thanks!

You click a button on the MS billing site, if that's what's defined as hard, you can also ring them up.

go into your account>subscriptions>other subscriptions>they txt you a code: it wont auto renew.

took this guy 30 minutes- but a normal person can do this in about a minute.

edit:^or do that :), I was posting to do this from an XB1 console

You click a button on the MS billing site, if that's what's defined as hard, you can also ring them up.

go into your account>subscriptions>other subscriptions>they txt you a code: it wont auto renew.

took this guy 30 minutes- but a normal person can do this in about a minute.

edit:^or do that :), I was posting to do this from an XB1 console

Thanks! That video was what I had heard about I think. Definitely seems easy enough, so I will likely be giving this a shot.

ukpanik

Banned
If you really wanted those old games, you would have bought them already.
With a subscription, you will play them just to get your moneys worth.
Place one game you like in a bundle of titles you are indifferent to, it suddenly looks like great value.
You may tell yourself you wanted all those games...but you know you didn't really.

Jaxx

Banned
Place one game you like in a bundle of titles you are indifferent to, it suddenly looks like great value.
You may tell yourself you wanted all those games...but you know you didn't really.

Same with PS+ and GWG, right?

ilib0y

Neo Member
I was dubious at the start but we EA leaving titles in the vault and after adding a couple more full Games and trails I'm recommending EA Access as a no brainer to any friends with a XBone.

PVZ Garden Warfare was the cherry on top, I adore that game.

Full Games:

- Madden 25
- FIFA 14
- Battlefield 4
- Peggle 2
- Need for Speed Rivals
- Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

6 Hour Game Trails (Available 7 Days Before Release)
- FIFA 15
- Madden 15
- NHL 15
- (NBA & Dragonage Shortly)

& 10% off all EA Purchases (Game/DLC)

How are you finding it GAF?

I'm with Sony on this.

The 10% discount and 6 hour trials are pretty much useless unless you buy a lot of EA games/DLC. Sony give PS+ members 10% off regularly on most new releases, and also have game trials.

If you look at the games, Madden and FIFA are last years games so are pretty much useless. Battlefield and NFS are good deals but both are old now. PvZ is good as well, but is a budget title.

It's probably just ahead on value but I don't really feel like I'm missing out at this stage.

I'm with Sony on this.

The 10% discount and 6 hour trials are pretty much useless unless you buy a lot of EA games/DLC. Sony give PS+ members 10% off regularly on most new releases, and also have game trials.

If you look at the games, Madden and FIFA are last years games so are pretty much useless. Battlefield and NFS are good deals but both are old now. PvZ is good as well, but is a budget title.

It's probably just ahead on value but I don't really feel like I'm missing out at this stage.

Ok those games are not the newest Version but why are they useless?
Useless implies that there is no value in them for noboby, you know like a broken beer mug.
There are many people who don't have the budget to always get the new games for 60$/€ when they come out.
Kids and teens without loaded parents or a job will not think those games are useless.
Sorry but I can't stand these arrogant and elitist posts when right now there are millions of kids out there who would die to play FIFA 14.

timlot

Banned
Wow, I really wish Sony would have just accepted EA Access too, because the arguments against it are just sad. Being a fanboy is one thing but you got to be a serious Sony Stan to say "Yes, Sony is right to decide for me what is a good value". Its just sad no other way to put it.

Raw64life

I haven't bought an EA game since NBA Jam in 2010, and I'm staying physical for retail games until the day I die so this has zero appeal to me.

If only I had the time and money to purchase every game I wanted.

Kinda OT: Do you think EA is going to release EA access stats in their quarterly report next week?

If they have some kind of cool sounding blurb "one million users" or "two million downloads" or something, then yes. If they don't have that magic user number they might say "EA Access members have played Access games for X hours" or something like that.

They'll likely touch on it because the street will want to know, but they'll ignore it if the story ain't good. That'd be my guess.

Also OT, but I'm more interested to see if Sony says anything about PS Now.

Eltros

Banned
That is really a great deal. If a person was to buy one of the games it would be the same price but instead access to much more from games to savings. I get my X1 in 2 weeks cause I am getting the Assassins Creed bundle and I will be getting this right away. There is a few games I want and I know I will get Dragon Age DLC so this is a no brainer for me.

chemicals

It's a good deal, but some people are just not content unless they own the games. Nothing to argue about. really. Lol

Aroll

I don't see the point in paying to access old games I can get for cheap anyway, and still have to pay for the new releases. Why subscribe when I still have to pay for the games I want to play anyway?

This is a path for the budget minded gamer. Why pay to play old games when they are cheap? Because combined, it would cost a lot more to buy all those old games than to just pay for a year sub, especially since new games are added every year for you. Battlefield 4 is $20 new atm. Or I can pay close to that and get that game plus 5 others. Think like this - eventually Dragon Age: Inquisition is going to be part of this (like a year or two down the road). It will still probably cost $20 to buy it new at that time. Pretty much any game EA releases on the Xbox One is going to eventually be part of this. That means it's basically going to be a library of old EA games for really cheap, with 6 hours access to full new games before they come out.

This program certainly isn't for everyone, but for those that don't feel madden is worth $60 a year, Fifa, don't want to buy any game really for $60 - this is a good deal. The fact you know future titles like Dragon Age Inquisition and such will eventually be part of it is even better. Plus, at least for now, you could arguablly sell old games to gamestop and it alone would pay the cost of this for a year yet you get all your same games right back. Say you sell Madden 15 next summer - it's going to be on EA Access in the fall. You might only get $5, but combine that with selling your old Fifa, your old Dragon Age, and then you get those games back? They just paid for themselves, and then some.

jedimike

It's one of the best deals in gaming. I didn't think PvZ would be my type of game, but I tried it out with ea access and love it. And it works out for ea too. Admittedly, I've spent some money on in game content.

Anyone having issues playing BF4 downloaded through Access? It keeps telling me to update but gives an error. If I manage to get to the title screen I'm told I don't have XBOX Live but I'm good till Nov 2015.

Top Bottom