• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: 30 Under 30: The Brightest Young Stars In Video Games

jorma

is now taking requests
Holy shit. Day9 isn't 30+? For some reason i just assumed he was waaaay older than that.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
These young whippersnappers ain't shit. ;)

I'm honored to have worked with some of these fine people.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nice list. Only two females on that list though (possible three)? Need more and more successful ladies in gaming. =/

NaviLink

Add myself to the pile of people going something like "I'm wasting my life" when reading this list. I'm turning 30 soon, I won't ever be part of that list :(

Tripon

Contributor article?

Contributor article
Not this again. This is clearly the Forbes staff working on this lost together.

Edit: Its not even an opinion article where being a contributor would matter. Seriously, did you just post that to troll people?

Kerned

Banned
Ludwig Keitzmann is the only person from the gaming press on the list? That's an interesting choice that I totally approve of.

Dennis

Banned
List is sorta missing Tyler Malka (EviLore).

Building up NeoGAF to be the most important gaming site in the world has to count for something.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really looking forward what Alexander Bruce is going to do after Antichamber. He worked on it for many years and was super burned out during long parts of it. Maybe he'll never do something like it again.

edit: Also, this list is very indie dominated, I wonder if that's just because these guys get their names out more. I would hope the bigger companies also have many highly talented young people working for them.

I'm really looking forward what Alexander Bruce is going to do after Antichamber. He worked on it for many years and was super burned out during long parts of it. Maybe he'll never do something like it again.

edit: Also, this list is very indie dominated, I wonder if that's just because these guys get their names out more. I would hope the bigger companies also have many highly talented young people working for them.

It is indie dominated. I believe it is because most people that work at major studios are not really allowed to talk or brag about their work, so the indie scene will be getting more spotlight just because that is who is showing off at the moment.

jorma

is now taking requests
List is sorta missing Tyler Malka (EviLore).

Building up NeoGAF to be the most important gaming site in the world has to count for something.

That's... a fair point. Would definitely fit on that list (but then again, so would probably a few hundred others we don't know about =)

Tripon

It is indie dominated. I believe it is because most people that work at major studios are not really allowed to talk or brag about their work, so the indie scene will be getting more spotlight just because that is who is showing off at the moment.

Its indie dominated because big AAA publishers and development teams are run by season veterans. There's simply not enough room to run a 100 plus team, and have it led by a 20 something. Veteran developers would probably revolt.

Top Bottom