• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes: "Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League's Joker Season Is Unbelievably Bad"

SJRB

Gold Member

While I was not exactly expecting Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League’s new Joker season to save the already-failed game, I was not expecting it to be one of the worst live season launches I have ever seen. It’s a void of content, a mountain of grinding and a complete lack of a story that was promised to continue after the abrupt ending of the campaign.

Luke thought it was dogshit too:

Sunk cost fallacy in full swing, it seems.

MiguelItUp

I'm not surprised. This was never meant to "fix" the core game. So, if you don't like the core game, you won't like this. It's just SOME "new" stuff, but the game itself isn't changing or improving other than getting a new character and story beats.

Luipadre

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

This is just sad and no doubt will be the final nail in the coffin. I hope this is a lesson to all publishers not to put a studio known for single player games on a freakin gaas looter. Its so sad that we won't get another Rocksteady game in who knows how many years ...if at all if WB (good case for worst publisher) decides to disband them.

I know what I'm saying has been said by everyone under the sun already.

Rocksteady should have been sitting comfortably with another quality release but instead they chose to wipe their arse with sandpaper with this game.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I didn’t even boot it up and I do think the core game is a 7/10. The end game (which this is) is the major issues with the game.

Grab on sale for campaign fun romp. That’s all it is.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
The grind is pretty awful, you can only go and save joker (and thus unlock him) after level up to 35, which takes much more than 35 runs because each level you get less XP; you just wind up doing the same stuff as before the update, until you're finally "allowed" to progress the story and unlock joker.

Obviously done because they are also selling joker for a quick unlock, gotta make the grind awful so you get tired and just buy him.

mdkirby

Somebody put in a hell of a lot of money into financing the development of this game. If I was them I’d probably explore opening a criminal investigation. What do we recon? 300mil budget? Like seriously where did that money go? Was it embezzlement? It went somewhere but it definitely wasn’t into the final product that’s in gamers hands

Neon Xenon

The many failures of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League are going to be fun to point and laugh at, but also observed for a long time. All of that money, time, and effort gone towards something attempting to grab as many audiences as possible and resulted in being such a dud that it actually repels people.

Seriously, this game and everything involved with the development and marketing should be studied as an example of what NOT to do.

Reactions: Isa

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Here is the game design around making money rather than making player's players better...

Then we have game like Unicorn Overlord made with passion even Vanillaware put their own money on the line to make vision happen.

Reactions: Isa

bumpkin

Wish Joker was never gonna save this game.

Even Arkham Joker with Mark Hamill wouldn’t be enough. This game was DOA.

SJRB

Gold Member
The core game looks revolting and superheroes aren't all that interesting if you give them all a rifle.

I just hate the overall look and premise of this game so bad that I don't even want to play it if it was F2P. Its just a shit game.

Still blows my mind that after seven years of development time the best they could come up with is just to give everyone rifles.

Reactions: stn

night13x

I took a peak at their reddit. People are pissed about this (who actively play)....despite everyone under the sun telling those people before release that the game is a scam. They now act surprised lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Stuff like this isn't exactly new, it comes back pretty consistently even though it's always dumb (the stating of obvious things), like 30 years ago superman saying shit like how he can't punch world hunger or corruption, well yeah...

Marvel and DC writing has been on the decline for some time now.

241.jpg

This at least gave us some funny memes like this one:
comic1.jpg

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
The diehard defenders of this game aren't even defending it anymore. It sucks because you don't want to believe studios like this have fallen so far. I remember the same delusions when Anthem was in beta.
I was pumped for anthem… it was looking so promising… then it wasn’t. Sad face

Caffeine

I still dont understand the type of game they were trying to build here. it was story driven, the post content has no story just cameos.

Why the fook was this delayed 6+ months? What did they cook?
My guess is that they didn't even intend on accomplishing anything substantial and that they really just wanted to see if a delay would allow them to sidestep the heat from the negative previews at the time.

The whole situation is a bummer. It seems like there's no way that WB of all publishers will allow a studio with a flop of this magnitude to survive.

It's crazy when you remember that Rocksteady revolutionized and raised the bar for their genre of superhero games not too long ago. To this day, other devs and publishers are copy and pasting the foundation that Rocksteady built with the Arkham trilogy and raking in billions.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
It’s very hard to comprehend why Sony dedicated more resources to the promotion of this game instead of putting more effort in Rise of the Ronin.
They got a deal with WB. And as they had a deal for Hogwarts that was extremely profitable for both parties doing it again make sense to me, if only as a "reward".

SJRB

Gold Member
Rocksteady: "Our new character is free*!"
Players: "What is that *, what does that mean?"
Rocksteady: "Don't worry about it, buddy"

These stupid motherfuckers.

Top Bottom