• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former NC gov. says 'bathroom law' has made it hard for him to find job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...s-backlash-over-bathroom-law-has-made-it-hard

Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) says the state's controversial "bathroom law" has made it difficult for him to land a job after leaving office.

McCrory said in an interview with a World Radio podcast, according to the News & Observer, that the backlash following the law “has impacted me to this day, even after I left office. People are reluctant to hire me, because ‘oh my gosh, he’s a bigot’ — which is the last thing I am.”

He blamed liberal advocates who opposed the law, which requires that transgender people use the bathroom corresponding to their biological sex as identified on their birth certificate, for damaging his reputation.
Maybe because you tanked your state's economy over some BS, shit does not look good on a resume.

According to the report, the North Carolina Democratic Party issued a statement in response to McCrory’s interview.

“North Carolina has already lost hundreds of millions of dollars in economic activity and thousands of jobs as a direct result of House Bill 2, but I guess we can start adding Gov. McCrory’s career to the total as well,” a spokesman said in a statement.

Did it get dark in here, or is that some shade?

But I am surprised he doesn't have a cushy gig at some conservative think tank or on the board of some company lined up. They usually take care of their own.

Zombine

Banned
gM2tyFJ.gif

Lkr

"I am not a bigot" - bigoted former NC governor

I want to ask him what it's like to be transphobic enough to purposely lose your state the NBA all star game, countless NCAA events and I'm sure some non sports shit I never paid attention to and to personally lose your job over it. Was it worth it you fucking bigot?

My tranny bladder has no sympathy. In fact, I think I'm going to take a massive dump to celebrate it (and in the correct bathroom).

Mathieran

Banned
Conservatives sure love to lay blame on liberal for their failings. How about you take responsibility for your actions? Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, etc?

It's not our fault you sucked at your job.

Lkr

Conservatives sure love to lay blame on liberal for their failings. How about you take responsibility for your actions? Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, etc?

It's not our fault you sucked at your job.
Nah he's a little snowflake that needs to go to the safe space of conservative talk radio to cry about his feelings. "It's those mean liberals fault, mommy! They hurt my fee fees!"

mclem

McCrory said in an interview with a World Radio podcast, according to the News & Observer, that the backlash following the law “has impacted me to this day, even after I left office. People are reluctant to hire me, because ‘oh my gosh, he’s a bigot’ — which is the last thing I am.”

Absolutely correct. The final thing he was, the thing he will be remembered for, is a bigot.

deadlast

Maybe he should seek employment with those people he signed that pledge to persecute the LGBTQ with.

I'm sure The Keep N.C. Safe Coalition, made up of three conservative religious organizations – Tami Fitzgerald’s N.C. Values Coalition, Mark Creech’s Christian Action League and John Rustin’s Family Policy Council - are looking for another lawyer to try and bring NC back to the dark ages.

Beartruck

Classic asshole behavior: "Its everyone else's fault that the things I did pissed them off!"

Also, if you have to regularly state "Im not a ____.", odds are good you are. I don't have to walk around saying "Im not an arsonist" because im not.

mclem

It's the Party of
(Making Sure Everyone Else Takes)
Personal Responsibility.

necrosis

can't imagine why people aren't chomping at the bit to hire a dude who did substantial damage to his state's economy entirely in the name of bigotry

Bigots shouldn't have jobs if you ask me so this is a fine result in my book.

I'm sure Fox would be glad to hire him as some point though, he's their kind of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom