• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright brotkasten, you're on.

And the third one hits the wall. Now we're just missing Stroll and it's a full house.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue the bet, because Ferrari still seems surprisingly competitive. But fine, I got nothing to lose. Let's do another round!

Zaru

GFVsxXf.jpg

Nice shot

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Is there a good reason we need the kerbs at turn 8? Would we have more crashes and overshooting if they removed them?

EDIT: Was watchign a recap of the practice sessions. LOL at Alonso's car continuing moving.

M52B28

Banned
I'm actually pumped for this weekend's race. It's seeming that Mercedes may run this circuit slow just like Monaco, but I'm hoping they can win through strategy.

Just as much as some of you would agree, I feel like this circuit could benefit from better design tremendously. It's not really a pace that I like, especially considering some of the corners that they ha e put in it.

Anyways, let's see this piece of shit cause some havok, I guess. The amount of crashes at FP was really ridiculous.

EDIT: Was watchign a recap of the practice sessions. LOL at Alonso's car continuing moving.
I love how he threw the neck support thing out past the front of the car.

Yes. Quite clearly its the car and not the engine that is the weak link..

Gearbox and ICE are the weak links, but McLaren has suffered 3 gearbox failures to Honda ICEs 2, the gearbox is the weakest link.

That Japanese site I posted the other day:
Alonso crankshaft failure was down to production issue, the process won't be used again.

Baku update similar to Barcelona (16 bhp), improved fuel efficiency, not enough to catch rivals, but that upgrade is coming, lots of room for development

New ICE was over revved because of broken gearbox, will swap to old unit for the rest of the weekend so they can check for any issues.

f0rk

Since Palmer said he'd rather not do interviews every BBC article about this GP in general has a snipe at him, it's hilarious.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm actually pumped for this weekend's race. It's seeming that Mercedes may run this circuit slow just like Monaco, but I'm hoping they can win through strategy.

Just as much as some of you would agree, I feel like this circuit could benefit from better design tremendously. It's not really a pace that I like, especially considering some of the corners that they ha e put in it.

Anyways, let's see this piece of shit cause some havok, I guess. The amount of crashes at FP was really ridiculous.

I love how he threw the neck support thing out past the front of the car.
Not sure about ridiculous amount but there certain;y were ridiculous crashes. I was more shocked by how many drivers slid out of control, fishtailed, and/or had to just bail out on turns. I am very excited for Quali and the race itself. Legit can't wait.

I am actually very excited to see the red bulls have the edge. If they were able to get something going between canada and now, the rest of the year should be a lot of fun.

Fox Mulder

Not sure about ridiculous amount but there certain;y were ridiculous crashes. I was more shocked by how many drivers slid out of control, fishtailed, and/or had to just bail out on turns. I am very excited for Quali and the race itself. Legit can't wait.

I am actually very excited to see the red bulls have the edge. If they were able to get something going between canada and now, the rest of the year should be a lot of fun.

The asphalt is temporary and has to build up grip.

Redbulll's weak start bummed me out, but most of this circuit is slow corners they should do well in. They'll still get eaten on the straight though.

Zeknurn

Since Palmer said he'd rather not do interviews every BBC article about this GP in general has a snipe at him, it's hilarious.

Yeah, listening to the tone he had towards the BBC on the Chequered Flag podcast I can't help but think that's a man that has already been told he's being replaced and he does not give a shit anymore.

Good riddance tbh.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Nice, they changed the Turn 8 kerbs.

If you're wondering why Sirotkin is back in F2/GP2; Albon fell off his bike and broke his collarbone.

Jezbollah

Gearbox and ICE are the weak links, but McLaren has suffered 3 gearbox failures to Honda ICEs 2, the gearbox is the weakest link.

That Japanese site I posted the other day:
Alonso crankshaft failure was down to production issue, the process won't be used again.

Baku update similar to Barcelona (16 bhp), improved fuel efficiency, not enough to catch rivals, but that upgrade is coming, lots of room for development

New ICE was over revved because of broken gearbox, will swap to old unit for the rest of the weekend so they can check for any issues.

So McLaren have suddenly forgotten how to make a reliable gearbox then?

Or its the Honda with its oh-so-many horses of power that is breaking it? (pretty sure they didnt have as big a gearbox problem when they had their single year of Mercedes engine use when the current power unit regulations were introduced?

You should really work for North Korean state PR. You'd fit right in there.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So McLaren have suddenly forgotten how to make a reliable gearbox then?

Or its the Honda with its oh-so-many horses of power that is breaking it? (pretty sure they didnt have as big a gearbox problem when they had their single year of Mercedes engine use when the current power unit regulations were introduced?

You should really work for North Korean state PR. You'd fit right in there.

At this point I think he is just trying to be funny. In a bad way. Then again if he truly believes what he writes he is even more funny.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Is that a precursor to the F1 race tomorrow?

2 safety cars, 1 VSC and red flag due to blocked track, damage to Tec-Pro barrier

Mohonky

Two sessions in a row though...

Either way, what a difference a year makes, Mercedes powered teams were completely destroying everyone last year and yet here we are.

Except for Lewis. This is just not his track it seems.

Russia, Monaco and now Baku. Seems any track with light degradation or where its hard to load ip the tires.

Jezbollah

Wouldn't one want to force the cars to drive slower through that section?

If you go slower through that section, you will have drivers trying to go faster, if you know what i mean. They'll climb all over the kerbs to gain that time, and thats when you have accidents like Perez'

Zaru

More oil burning conspiracies: Now it's Mercedes suspecting Ferrari because they gained time on the straights in Montreal.

Xando

Vettel and Kimi both in the pits with some kind of engine issue.

Vettel not gonna drive again this session.

Edit: seems like some kind of water leak for seb

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Did they close the loophole that Hamilton used in Spa with 3 extra engines?

I know Ferrari are close to penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom