• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donos

I think the tone here and everywhere would be harsher against HAM when VET/HAM had switched placed (HAM hitting VET) and HAM would only get a 10 sec penalty...

Nonetheless, seeing the highlights, this was entertaining.

RoKKeR

Just finished the race.

Man, what the hell just happened?!! Wild and terrible race, but also a great race.

What was that Vettel moment of rage? I can't believe he went Mario Kart on Hamilton there... wow.

Razgreez

All I can do is lament the fact that this should have been an easy 1-2 for Mercedes but that it ended up being anything but. We cannot leave opportunities like these on the table.

It was effectively a (- 25 - 18 + 18 + 10 =) -15* points swing :(

*It's actually more when competitor points gains are taken into consideration

What amazes me about Vettel's situation is that he actually got off relatively lightly and managed to extend his championship lead. Yet, instead of counting his blessings he's doubling down with remarks like these. It's a real head scratcher

Danielsan

Just finished the race.

Man, what the hell just happened?!! Wild and terrible race, but also a great race.

What was that Vettel moment of rage? I can't believe he went Mario Kart on Hamilton there... wow.
Vettel showed himself to an incredible asshat this race. Much like last year when exploded on the radio and went off on Charlie Whiting. I'll be rooting for Hamilton to take the championship this year. Vettel can get fucked.

Vettel showed himself to an incredible asshat this race. Much like last year when exploded on the radio and went off on Charlie Whiting. I'll be rooting for Hamilton to take the championship this year. Vettel can get fucked.

Like Hamilton said - when you're most under pressure is when you're true colours show -

Hamilton was perfectly calm today even with everything going on, and thats one of the things I have noticed as he has matured, he has lost the hot headedness that often made him make silly mistakes when he was younger.

Vettel on the other hand has always has a terrible temperament. It was easy to be jovial in his Red Bull days in a clearly superior car with no competition, but youve seen recently when its not going well he cannot handle it.

The gulf in class was evident today, and the whole weekend, in how they both dealt with issues.

THE:MILKMAN

It is very carefully worded and my interpretation is that Hamilton did brake/lift but did so consistently at all three restarts as part of warming tyres/brakes as the FIA say. What changed was Vettel's subsequent behaviour after the first restart mugging.

On the first restart he was sleeping and the second one he wasn't having that and so stuck to Lewis like glue and got mugged off again by Lewis. No doubt Lewis had a sense he was winding him up has a ice cold driver himself.

I'm surprised that Vettel thought Lewis would bolt at the same early point again, though.

G-Unit

pN76EGg.jpg

ITrhKWp.jpg

hcE54vZ.jpg

LOL at FIA's wording. More or less same speed. Sure thing. I guess this is how trump got elected.

Razgreez

http://i.imgur.com/pN76EGg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ITrhKWp.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hcE54vZ.jpg[IMG]

LOL at FIA's wording. More or less same speed. Sure thing. I guess this is how trump got elected.[/QUOTE]

10km/h speed reduction (while turning) in a car that can go from 200 km/h (124 mph) to a complete stop in just 2.9 second. He must've been hammering those breaks XD

pN76EGg.jpg

ITrhKWp.jpg

hcE54vZ.jpg

LOL at FIA's wording. More or less same speed. Sure thing. I guess this is how trump got elected.

He has to brake slightly to make the corner. He did the same thing at all 3 restarts, so why did vettel hit him in only one?

Clutching at straws really arent you? The FIA statement is clear.

THE:MILKMAN

Sorry, G-unit but those graphics are just one element and also show only a 10KPH (~6 MPH) speed differential which is tiny for an F1 car in first gear with a massive engine braking battery pack.

I would like to see other drivers acceleration and braking graphics including Vettel's for a fair comparison.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
pN76EGg.jpg

ITrhKWp.jpg

hcE54vZ.jpg

You tried really hard, which is commendable. It's a shame that it makes you look so silly.

FuturusX

Why are we wasting time with 'graphics' when the FIA have looked at the actual data? You trust the data and the interpretation or you don't.

dakun

even if he brake checked Vettel. There is no precedent where the leader is punished for slowing down.

We had way a way worse case, where Schumacher went almost full speed in Monza on the straight before Parabolica only to brake incredibly hard putting many drivers at risk and actually making Button crash. No penalties were given.

Same when Schumacher crashed into the back of Montoya (i think it was him) in Monaco in the tunnel. And that wasn't even when the Safety Car was coming in.

If the Safety Car lights are out, the leader dictates the speed and those behind better pay attention. Barely slowing down the way Hamilton did is not "dangerous driving". Not to mention he still had another straight where it was well within his rights to brake hard just to warm up his tyres. (just like basically all other leaders do during Safety Cars)

And just to clarify, I'm not a Hamilton Fan in any way.

John_B

It could be argued that Hamilton should have been more careful with his working of the car and that Vettel should not have been so close to him. If it was deemed a racing incident I think most of us could have accepted it.

Vettel totally lost his cool afterwards though and will regret his behavior. That was a really bad look from that cartoonish wheel bump to being pitiful on the radio and then doubling down when talking to the press after the race.

The race was incredible though. We should have one of these crazy races every season.

Shaneus

What in the actual fuck. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and see Danny had won? Seems like I have some catching up to do, jesus.

FuturusX

2016 British Grand Prix - running Felipe Massa off track (2 points)

2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - causing first corner incident with Nico Rosberg (2 points)

2016 Mexican Grand Prix - moving under braking (2 points)

2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - potentially dangerous move on Lewis Hamilton (3 points)

Vettel's been a busy boy over the past year. I bet every one of these was not his "fault".

EDIT: Oh and I'm a Hamilton fanboy so...don't listen to me.

spuckthew

I still can't get over the fact that Lewis lost because of a loose headrest.

I'm with you, but I just keep telling myself that we're not even half-way yet - there's still 12 races to go. Now, if this kind of dumbfuckery happens towards the end of the season or he ends up losing by like ~15 points, then I'll be mad.

DieH@rd

Banned

2016 Malaysian Grand Prix - causing first corner incident with Nico Rosberg (2 points)

2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - potentially dangerous move on Lewis Hamilton (3 points)

How much is needed for a race ban? 10 or 12 points?

Vettel's been a busy boy over the past year. I bet every one of these was not his "fault".

Thing is, Hamilton in this race was trying to punk Seb the God, but my man called him out on this shit and panzerkampfwagened him the fuck out like the true legend he is. The GOAT Schumacher would have been proud :')

Cant believe Max Verstappen didnt get hit with this penalty literally every other race last year.

Space Marine

Neo Member
http://i.imgur.com/pN76EGg.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ITrhKWp.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hcE54vZ.jpg[IMG]

LOL at FIA's wording. More or less same speed. Sure thing. I guess this is how trump got elected.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could post the exact moment Hamilton stopped braking and the exact point of impact?

Edit: Never mind, I found the video.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PPHpgye.jpg
skdSTXR.jpg

It would seem the brake test was more of a doing nothing test?

It really doesn't matter if Hamilton break tested him or not. Vettel lost his cool yet again, cost the team an easy win and lost the team a lot of points, which is crucial, because of Kimi's DNF. He needs to shut the fuck up and use every tiny opportunity he can, if he still wants the title this season. Because that Ferrari is definitely not going to keep up much longer and ending up on P3 won't be enough.

Sergio and Maurizio need to do something about his shitty temper tantrums. No driver is above the team he drives for and Vettel needs to learn that. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom