• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrnzaaas

Hamiltons new hair though.

Only hair?

111errhm.jpg

Lima

If that's fashionable then the homeless guy I meet every day on my way to work is a fashionista. Wears almost the same outfit (though I'm sure Hamilton's outfit is worth 5000 times more but still ends up looking about the same).

But hey he rocks that with confidence. Can't really hate on that.

Mohonky

As a Hamilton fan, I cannot defend that outfit.

Nithung wrong with the hair, but that short and pants....I think he's lost it. Maybe that bump from Vettel has effected him more than suspected

@adamcooperF1
now
Confirmation from @RenaultSportF1 that Robert Kubica will drive the current car in Hungary on August 2

Note: The in-season test, not race-weekend.

<Insert nervous picture of Palmer here>

Presumably they'd run Sirotkin next to him.
Palmer going to have a blue screen of death like Theon Greyjoy...

valkyre

Fuck, did I just get spoiled in a Formula 1 thread of all places?

And you chose to repeat it just to make sure the rest of us did as well?

On a more related note: Kubica should shave his head already... I've been saying this for years, he really needs to get rid of those hairs.

Matsushita to test for Sauber in Hungary. So is that Sauber-Honda deal still a thing or what?

This Matsu test is seperate according to Japanese F1 media

Sauber engineers visited Honda Racing in UK on July 12th to talk about the 2018 car.

But Honda could officially cancel the deal before Hungary, they are not happy that the new owners of Sauber want to change details after they agreed on engine, gearbox, driver and working together outside of F1.

Paddy Lowe wants talks with Honda but Yamamoto is not interested - the Williams Honda dream is dead &#128557;

DBT85

Pleased to see they are putting Kubica in the test.

Though he needs to sort his hair out, and those clothes man. sheesh.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130890/fia-imposes-fresh-f1-oil-burn-limits

Also, FIA sets a new limit on oil consumption because the oil burning as fuel thing. From 2018 it has to be less than 0.6l per 100km. From Italy this year it has to be under 0.9l per 100km.

However, mindful that some manufacturers could struggle to get within that limit with current engines, there has been no push to strictly limit oil use up until now.

Having analysed the engine situation over the first half of the year, the FIA has now ruled that any new power unit introduced from the Italian GP will have to adhere to a limit of 0.9 litres of oil use per 100km.

"We have accepted that some competitors may have difficulties in adhering to the 0.6l/100km limit this season and a tolerance is being applied to all power units currently in use," wrote FIA technical delegate Marcin Budkowski.

"However, we will expect the oil consumption of any ICE [internal combustion engine] element of the power unit introduced from the 2017 Italian GP onwards to be less than 0.9l/100km, any consumption above this will be considered suspicious and hence investigated as a potential breach of the technical regulations."

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Mercedes has announced it will quit DTM at the end of the 2018 season, as well as confirming a Formula E entry in 2019.

This ain't good news for DTM. Perhaps they should be looking at adopting electrical power units to retain BMW and Audi?

DTM has survived with only two manufacturers before. But with this year's dramatically decreased grid size, the future isn't looking bright for DTM.

Great news for Kubica, he will surely perform better in the test than Latifi. I guess this means Sirotkin is out from Renault?

Jezbollah

Is there an opportunity for teams to run Mercedes DTM cars without official support?

Kind of like how Prodrive Racing run Ford Falcons in Supercars?

Juicy Bob

The Kubica story is amazing.

From YOLOing a rally car into a fucking barrier and almost losing his hand to being in genuine contention to return for F1.

Metal as fuck.

cromofo

The Kubica story is amazing.

From YOLOing rally car into a fucking barrier and almost losing his hand to being in genuine contention to return for F1.

Metal as fuck.

One of the greatest comebacks in history, not just F1. If it happens ofc.

But still admirable even if it doesn't go further.

All the best Robert.

Zeknurn

The new Indycar design has a nice flow to it.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/07/07-24-New-car-unveil

And they've done what F1 should do.

Drivers have been asking for the car to generate more downforce from underneath the car instead of on top using the wings. Now, 66 percent of the generated downforce will be at the bottom of the car in road course/short oval configuration, an increase of 19 percent.

Reducing the dependency on topside downforce has eliminated the need for many of the extra aero kit pieces, which added to the turbulent air an Indy car leaves in its wake. At a recent short oval test where some of the new kit's components were affixed to a current car, the following distance for a trailing car was cut in half, improving maneuverability. If it's easier to follow, it should be easier to pass, creating an opportunity for tighter, more exciting racing.

DBT85

Wy do they go to so much effort to cover the rear tyres but not the front? Is it aero or to stop wheels rolling over one another at 200mph?

There's been talk about doing that in F1 but teams, including RB were against it because it would cost so much as they know so much about over body and comparitivly so little about under body.

Also, if your DF is generated under body its possible to suddenly lose it if you hit a bump or debris or something I think. I think that's part of the FIAs excuse for limiting it as much as they have over the years.

FrankCanada97

I love it, so happy they returned to having a roll hoop in place of an airbox. They also ditched the bumpers. Can't wait to see the road course version and what it looks like with a shield.

FrankCanada97

Whatever happened with the plans to merge the DTM and the GT500 Super GT regulations? Would be fun to see some GT-R's or NSX's mix it up with the DTM cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom