• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

spuckthew

Grojean seems to be walking a very thin line in terms of his relationship with the team. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him ousted at some point.

YourMaster

So that Verstappen cut. :D

Yeah, I think they should have waited until he was on the podium, and have Kimi do a running kick to replace him.

On a more serious note, when a questionable incident happens right before the finish, instead of trying to make a decision in 15 seconds, why not make quickly announce 'Incident is being looked in to', and get the racers into a non-camera room for a few minutes so you can decide.
The fans would totally accept that if they have to wait 5 minutes or 10 minutes for the outcome, especially if you keep showing the relevant footage on a big screen in a loop.

RSP

Yeah, I think they should have waited until he was on the podium, and have Kimi do a running kick to replace him.

On a more serious note, when a questionable incident happens right before the finish, instead of trying to make a decision in 15 seconds, why not make quickly announce 'Incident is being looked in to', and get the racers into a non-camera room for a few minutes so you can decide.
The fans would totally accept that if they have to wait 5 minutes or 10 minutes for the outcome, especially if you keep showing the relevant footage on a big screen in a loop.

I think the number of viewers drops dramatically once the race finishes, so they really have to work quick to keep people entertained.

xrnzaaas

I think the number of viewers drops dramatically once the race finishes, so they really have to work quick to keep people entertained.

Perfect moment to bring out cheerleaders.

Speaking of murrican entertainment hiring that famous boxing announcer for the driver introductions was a horrible idea and so painful to watch. ;)

Elros

There's a F1GAF discord if anyone wants to join it. Some people might have missed it in the shuffle the past few days.

Could you send me an invite ? Only reason I'm still on neogaf is for F1GAF. If you all move to another place, I'd like to be in.

Mohonky

Invite for Discord would be appreciated, missed lurking F1 GAF this weekend!

Edit: Kvyat seemingly completely dropped by Toro Rosso now, as per Marko

He was dropped last year as soon as they brought Max up, they just needed someone to replace him with which they didnt have.

With Redbull you either graduate from Torro rosso to Redbull or you go elsewhere. Seeing as noone else wanted him, he was always just seat warming

Qronicle

Another discord request here, really missed this thread last weekend!

And that best radio message video was soooo good this time :D

YourMaster

I think ending the race with a big message 'incident under investigation' and showing repeats of the incident AND similar incidents(investigated, not-investigated, punished and unpunished) that happened during the race for commentators to talk about is more entertaining than 95% of regular race-time.
If you've got to wait 5 minutes to see if a racer is kicked of the podium or not and you get a live-analysis I'd certainly stick around. And I'm somebody that never watches the podium ceremony.

There's a F1GAF discord if anyone wants to join it. Some people might have missed it in the shuffle the past few days.

I'd love to get in too. I'm new to discord tho...

Honestly the thing I was most bummed about GAF was the F1 and other OT topics I frequent going the wayside :(

Top Bottom