• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT2| A Dutch Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

"Yo Michael your car is fucked. No worry...just hop in the spare car..." Alonso is 21st...life is just repeating itself now, damn. What the fuck is Fishicella even doing in that Bennetton? He's diagonal and not even in the start box. Motherfucker can't even reverse into the box because he'd be disqualified. Lol. Hey look a Honda being hosed down by a fire extinguisher...makes sense.

Fox Mulder

It's really a shame that Malaysia is off the calendar while we have shit like Abu Dhabi and Russia.

It's a good track and has the crazy weather wild card.

Jezbollah

It's really a shame that Malaysia is off the calendar while we have shit like Abu Dhabi and Russia.

Unfortunately if people are not filling the stands, the event wont make money. If the circuit and local promoters cannot accept a loss, then it makes business sense not to hold it.

If it weren't for the fact Russia is taking place in September next year I wouldn't be able to see a international race for the first time. So I'm grateful that it's taking a year off just at the right time for my travel plans.

It will be back, and I expect they will announce shortly after this weekend's race.

Anyone going to the USGP? I'm already getting psyched for this years race. My second F1 experience here and I ended up with turn 1 tickets this time. Gonna be missing it next year though, hence the Sochi Russia GP trip.

Abu Dhabi sucks... It's just a boring race year after year.

Magni

You could probably fly to Malaysia and still get a ticket for race day this weekend :D

Ha, I live in Tokyo, so Suzuka is the one that's tempting... But I think I'll wait for next season and go to one of the European GPs with him when I'm over in Europe. Monaco? (fearfully looks at prices)

Chris R

Damn all you fancy people sitting T1 at USGP. Would have loved to have a seat back when it was all flooded and I just had a GA ticket. Ruined a pair of shoes standing in that mud all day :(

Razgreez

Who remembers this article:

http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/archive/article/july-1990/80/formula-success-honda-ra168e

More than anything else, the highly conservative nature of Honda's design stands out. The RA168E displays no devilishly ingenious features, nor any parts fashioned from 'unobtanium' or exotic materials, as had been rumoured. In fact, the block is made from plain old cast iron.

Moreover, the power and efficiency of the Honda engine did not come accidentally nor was it achieved by some trick feature, rather, as their engineers have now revealed, it was the culmination of a design effort that began with a clear identification of objectives, concentration on those objectives through all phases of the design process, and painstaking devotion to detail in development.

Honda's most successful developments came not from innovation but simply from taking what works and doing it better/best. Times have changed though so I'm not sure if the same ethos is applied nor if it would be successful

DBT85

Anyone wonder how Liberty are eventually going to get more than 21ish races a year which will ultimately be what they want to do? Teams complain about the staff costs and needing more etc, so I'm wondering if they'll add more races and start to put more limits on the amount of people you take to each race to keep costs down.

Zaru

I'm still recovering from that season-destroying Ferrari crash. Seeing it happen with my own eyes wrecked me.

Teams complain about the staff costs and needing more etc, so I'm wondering if they'll add more races and start to put more limits on the amount of people you take to each race to keep costs down.

Have one guy do the entire pitstop.

I'm still recovering from that season-destroying Ferrari crash. Seeing it happen with my own eyes wrecked me.

I was still thinking about it even until yesterday. I thought I was pretty much over it right after it happened, because it played right into my cynicism and pessimism, when it comes to the Scuderia, but God fucking damn it. It obviously didn't help to have the Twitter and YouTube feed full of highlights and articles about the race. I couldn't even bring myself to listen to the Shift+F1 podcast.

Fucking Vettel, man.

Anyone wonder how Liberty are eventually going to get more than 21ish races a year which will ultimately be what they want to do? Teams complain about the staff costs and needing more etc, so I'm wondering if they'll add more races and start to put more limits on the amount of people you take to each race to keep costs down.

Revising redistribution of prize money, creating a cheaper and less complex engine formula and perhaps even compressing race weekends would be several moves they could make.

xrnzaaas

I'm not a fan of the track itself, but yeah, all races where it's likely to rain are welcome to stay. :)

xrnzaaas

Lol, tomorrow's driver's press conference will feature Verstappen, Vettel and Raikkonen. They should like to fuck with them when they arrange who has to attend the conference. XD

I generally like Lewis Hamilton. But it'd be pretty great to see his engine blow out again this year...

It's a shame Malaysia is leaving. I get that it just eats money and needs to go. It's probably one of my favorite tracks.

"now available to watch for 19 days"

Bah.

It's a full official F1 race on Youtube; as a direct capture no less. If you told me this last year I wouldn't have believed you.

Yen

That 2001 GP was great. Don't remember much of Murray when I was younger but it was funny how often his mouth is ahead of his brain.

Mohonky

Lol, tomorrow's driver's press conference will feature Verstappen, Vettel and Raikkonen. They should like to fuck with them when they arrange who has to attend the conference. XD

That 2001 GP was great. Don't remember much of Murray when I was younger but it was funny how often his mouth is ahead of his brain.

We didn't have Murray-isms for nothing.

Guys commentary was always out of sync with reality.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Audi Formula-E e-tron FE04

DKwDRb5XoAQ6cm0.jpg:large

M52B28

Banned
Hamilton has an announcement coming up. Looks like something motorcycle related.

Maybe Isle of Man TT or Moto GP?

jey_16

Banned
I was still thinking about it even until yesterday. I thought I was pretty much over it right after it happened, because it played right into my cynicism and pessimism, when it comes to the Scuderia, but God fucking damn it. It obviously didn't help to have the Twitter and YouTube feed full of highlights and articles about the race. I couldn't even bring myself to listen to the Shift+F1 podcast.

Fucking Vettel, man.

the pessimist in me says even if Vettel won in Singapore, the Mercedes power would have been too much to overcome in these final races but it still fucking sucks to lose both cars at the first corner. The damage from Baku and Singapore were both self-inflicted by Vettel while I feel like Hamilton has driven quite well this year and has not really made any mistakes

sad to see such a great Ferrari design go to waste though, would not be surprised if next year is another down year. 07/08 was the last time they produced a great car in back to back seasons

Top Bottom