• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite Achieves Record-Breaking 6.6 Million Live Players Articles & Blogs

Draugoth

Gold Member
lego-fortnite-740x431.jpg

Epic Games’ Fortnite has once again set a new record for peak live players, with over 6.6 million players engaging in all its modes. The game achieved an amazing 2.3 million+ players in the Lego Fortnite mode alone.

This impressive milestone marks the highest peak of players since public reporting of numbers began in March 2023, excluding the unprecedented turnout of 11.6 million+ during a special event day. This is possible thanks to the addition of new game modes within the Fortnite universe, including Lego Fortnite and Rocket Racing.

Lego Fortnite is a survival sandbox game that has captured players’ imaginations with its unique blend of Lego Minifig character versions, material collection, building, and monster battles. Rocket Racing is a spin-off from the popular Rocket League, this racing game allows players to indulge in high-speed action with cross-game support for car-related cosmetics.

Source

Last edited:

jayj

Banned
Makes you wonder how long this game will remain an online gaming phenomenon, people are bound to move on to something else eventually. Could it be peaking, or growing still?

MirageMew2

LEGO is legit. The other shit not so much but they’ve got free skin challenges attached to them (Racing and Festival).

LEGO I see legitimately eating BR’s lunch.

acm2000

Makes you wonder how long this game will remain an online gaming phenomenon, people are bound to move on to something else eventually. Could it be peaking, or growing still?
it has constantly evolved, it can stay relevant for many years to come.

jayj

Banned
it has constantly evolved, it can stay relevant for many years to come.
Yeah, but then again just about most live-service games are focused on constantly evolving. I guess you could say they do a better job than most at giving fans a new way to experience the game periodically, but I think a lot of it's popularity has been centered around a generation of kids who are only getting older.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Been goofing off with it. The battle royale mode has never appealed to me, but there’s other stuff to do. The volume of content you can play at no cost is wild.

NickFire

They just set another record so yeah, it’ll continue as a phenom for a while.

SCB3

I've not played Fortnite now for a good 2 years or so, no real reason other than being sick of BR's and decided to give this a go with my Son, its really really good, its like a Lego version of Valhiem and a lot more in depth than I was expecting, very playable and time went really quickly, I can see why its so popular

Doom85

Honestly, never gave a shit about Fortnite, but this trailer definitely sold me on the LEGO mode:

And apparently it’s confirmed to be a permanent mode (you can even download LEGO Fortnite by itself on the PSN store, probably the other stores as well), so I can save it for when I have more time to check it out. Looks really fun.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
This is isn't a record, for the eminem event there was 13 Millions when I launched 30 minutes before the event

Diddy X

They added extra game genres to fortnite so you don't need to go nowhere else if you feel like playing something different.

Hugare

LEGO Fortnite will be huge with time.

Played some of it with my gf and 4h went by in a second. Its really good. A mix of survival game like The Forrest + Animal Crossing.

If they keep adding to it just like they do with BR, I see it becoming bigger than BR

Last edited:

BlackTron

Uh yeah this thread is me. Not a fortnite person but I caved for the Lego mode and installed it the other day. Haven't played yet but glad to hear you guys think its good and I didn't waste my HD space

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Lego mode is pretty great. It's pretty much a direct rip off of minecraft but whatever.

Kilau

LEGO mode was very disappointing. It's okay for what it is but it isn't a Minecraft replacement.

It's growing. It is becoming more of a platform title like Roblox. Expect more games with wildly different playstyles to start appearing over the next few years.

Top Bottom