• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forum Rumor] Durango Beta has 2 APUs. Console and Controller plastered with stripes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

Hoax?

New post from BD, who made the post in the OP:

Translation:

To the guy who reposted on neogaf, you must have negative intelligence.

The next time I do this, I'll say the Durango has 4 APUs instead, so you'll not believe it.

:lol

Spot on.

maltrain

Hoax?

Translation:

The next time I do this, I'll say the Durango has 4 APUs instead, so you'll not believe it.

Jajajaja... poor Reiko... XD

Reiko

Banned
Edit: Wow, so much happened while I was typing, lol. And yes he was calling you out, as he should. No one else was going to make a thread based on so little and risk their reputation, you made the call because you like the story.

Calling me out? Somebody said make a topic of that post and I did.

If BD is suffering from reading comprehension that's not my problem.

The weird thing is that everytime there is a hint of positive Durango news you always have a counter ready. Is this your bias slowly coming through the cracks?

Duffyside

Banned
Just scrolled through the whole first page looking for some meaningful information or discussion about what this means if it were true, and just found lots of people snickering.

So... can anyone help a non-tech guy like me understand?

Edit: Even if it is untrue. I'd still like to know.

i-Lo

I guess I can rely on op delivering all new Xbox 3 related rumours in future. Apparently all rumours are created equal and challenging one is tantamount to challenging all.

Reiko

Banned
Just scrolled through the whole first page looking for some meaningful information or discussion about what this means if it were true, and just found lots of people snickering.

Console warriors. Don't worry about them.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

The weird thing is that everytime there is a hint of positive Durango news you always have a counter ready. Is this your bias slowly coming through the cracks?

You made the thread, who cares how you found the info. Own it, be loud and proud. I tried to warn you it was a trap.

Darryl

Banned

this isn't positive news really unless bigger is always better to you and you want a $500 Xbox that'll take years to drop in price

statham

I was about to make a thread, if we have rumors that seem legit(he knew zebra) we should have a thread to carry conversation,.

Reiko

Banned
You made the thread, who cares how you found the info. Own it, be loud and proud. I tried to warn you it was a trap.

Whatever dude.

Maybe a new thread?

new thread this.

Create a new thread plz

If any of these people posted this thread you would create a narrative around them too.

this isn't positive news really unless bigger is always better to you and you want a $500 Xbox that'll take years to drop in price

Do you have any more info to share on why all of this will be super expensive compared to PS4 assuming the rumors are true?

i-Lo

Simple: special sauce is real deal because 2x1.2=2.4 TF and Xbox 3 wins. However it is also possible that it'll have a CPU like ps4 for non gaming tasks. And finally it may have been a hoax.

But b. e. l. I. E. v. E

I don't see why people are giving Reiko crap about this. It was posted by someone else first, after all. And considering that the post apparently contained some legit info, it isn't a stretch to possibly want to believe that everything the person said could be true after the fact.

Anyway, I thought this was fake, so it's good that we at least have some confirmation now.

Hoax?

Translation:

damn-o.gif

Hoax?

Translation:

Is that the actual translation? Will Reiko finally keep his dumb rumors to himself from now on?

Apath

I don't even follow what is going on here.

And when is Microsoft going to start talking about their new system?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Okay, calm down guys. Nobody is at fault here. It was a rumour from a forum, and nobody tried to sell it as something more than that.

Other people can also verify my translation, if you wish. I think it should be correct.

It wasn't "supposed to be" anything because there was NEVER an official date given at all. Everything is pure speculation at this point.
Didn't think that language would be much of a problem since it was rumored by so many people in the industry.

i-Lo

Alfred Jodl posted the original info on GAF.

So being unprofessional is okay? Good thing to know.

When did I say that it's alright to be a jerk? I'm saying it like the way it is. Or are you suffering from amnesia & have forgotten how things can be on the Internet forums?

That said people asked for this thread knowing full well that none of them were going to do it. But it'd be great if you could stop with the equality thing when it comes to rumours.

stephentotilo

Behind The Games
Well, maybe Kotaku source is this forum... nobody knows...

Look, I have nothing against forums. I rather like this one. But, I'm not sure why anyone would think my source was some forum when I clearly stated in my stripes article that: "But four unrelated games industry sources have all confirmed the look of the development hardware to Kotaku."

If my source was a forum, I'd say it was a forum and link to it. I don't play cute with sourcing.

As for the APUs, I have no idea. The last time I saw hardware specs was in February, when I was reading SuperDaE's trove of documents. I reported what was in them back then. Off the top of my head, I don't recall them mentioning Kinect having its own processor, but maybe? Could be? It's been a while since I dug through that stuff. Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.

Reiko

Banned
When did I say that it's alright to be a jerk? I'm saying it like the way it is. Or are you suffering from amnesia & have forgotten how things can be on the Internet forums?

That said people asked for this thread knowing full well that none of them were going to do it. But it'd be great if you could stop with the equality thing when it comes to rumours.

Well that's all fine and dandy... But if BD is confirming himself to be a joke that's all on him.

Whether or not he's telling the truth or not is irrelevant to me.

I simply took the request in creating the topic.

I even added take it with a pinch of salt because I'm not 100% keen on it, only reason I posted it is that his description of the controller matched up with Kotaku's before they posted info.

See here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=52442097&postcount=3683

Because of negative intelligence?
vHnGXp1.png

He must have more negative intelligence than me to see that I was not the "original poster".

statham

Look, I have nothing against forums. I rather like this one. But, I'm not sure why anyone would think my source was some forum when I clearly stated in my stripes article that: "But four unrelated games industry sources have all confirmed the look of the development hardware to Kotaku."

If my source was a forum, I'd say it was a forum and link to it. I don't play cute with sourcing.

As for the APUs, I have no idea. The last time I saw hardware specs was in February, when I was reading SuperDaE's trove of documents. I reported what was in them back then. Off the top of my head, I don't recall them mentioning Kinect having its own processor, but maybe? Could be? It's been a while since I dug through that stuff. Sorry I can't be more helpful at the moment.
I think most of us think your source is legit, this guy knew stuff so we fed off of it.

Mik_Pad

Banned
I rarely post in next gen rumor threads but I just wanted to say I don't find it fair the way people are reacting, Reiko just posted a RUMOR nothing more, if it isn't truth that's okay there will be another one anytime soon.

I don't think there is nothing wrong about posting other forums rumors if it is stated in the OP.

Reiko

Banned

Thanks for the info Stephen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

You didn't have to, but I appreciate you commenting on the APU situation, Totilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom