• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Shaneus said:
I think it's coming in a month or so.

But after seeing just how relatively easy it is to come across credits, 250,000 is pretty weak.
Yeah it is a bit of an insult, but it's better than nothing.

Also, diablohead, that Gran Turismo race mod GTO is awesome.

SarBear

Shaneus said:
I think it's coming in a month or so.

But after seeing just how relatively easy it is to come across credits, 250,000 is pretty weak.

This really needs to get across to Jube and Badned so they can get this message to the higher ups. It's....ridiculous.

Shaneus

Pretty sure Jube keeps a decent eye on this thread, even though he doesn't post here as frequently as, say, myself (though does anyone?) but I'm sure if he's in a position to pass it on, he will.

Hell, maybe the bug with people getting 999,999,999 credits is to compensate for the muscle pack? Ahahahaha.

Aptos

So... In S class I completely destroy the competition, then in R3 I get crushed... is there something I'm missing?

Also, it seems like most the cars in the club garage aren't special at all. It's kind of obnoxious wading through all the randomness looking for something cool.

saladine1

Mascot said:
The muscle cars are so incredibly brilliant in this game, I can't believe it! In fact, they are so awesome they really deserve their own game. Actually, Turn 10 should consider this for FM5. Have a separate game (FM5: Muscle Version) filled with nothing but muscle cars, and (here's the clever bit) to ensure sales of both games they should remove all the muscle cars from the regular version of FM5.

Same deal with the drag events.

/satire
Blasphemy!

The muscle cars in the game are some of the best represented yet in a video game. It's amazing to see just how Turn 10 implememnted the suspension modeling. The slalom autocross especially reminds me of the old TV commercials here in Aus. "Radial tuned suspension" apparantely made the cars handle like supercars lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW4091G5Bxo

nagge

Aptos said:
Also, it seems like most the cars in the club garage aren't special at all. It's kind of obnoxious wading through all the randomness looking for something cool.

This.

I thought the idea of sharing cars was if someone had a rare car, a nice livery or a good tune. But as it stands now pretty much every single car is in there even though there's nothing special about them. This has really kept me from even trying to use a shared car.

Slayer: Haha, hope you have to think twice "Wait, is that the ghost or a AI car? BAM! Oh god, no ghost..." ;)

nagge

sneaky77 said:
So has anyone here played Race Pro on 360? Is it good with a wheel?

The gameplay and physics were good as I remember it, the graphics however were horrible with tears and 30fps. Had quite a few bugs when it was released as well. Maybe they've patched it now, I never had it long enough to find out.

SciroccoGT.jpg

:)

reggie

Banned
Aptos said:

nagge said:
This.

I thought the idea of sharing cars was if someone had a rare car, a nice livery or a good tune. But as it stands now pretty much every single car is in there even though there's nothing special about them. This has really kept me from even trying to use a shared car.

Yeah, the club garage is a mess at the moment.

Aptos said:
So... In S class I completely destroy the competition, then in R3 I get crushed... is there something I'm missing?

I'm having the same problem. I get the feeling that the AI is cheating.

Aptos

nagge said:
This.

Can the club leaders remove cars from the club garage? Or do those who shared have to remove their own cars?

Aptos

reggie said:
I'm having the same problem. I get the feeling that the AI is cheating.

I wish there was qualifying laps so you work your way out of the crap grid position, that's the biggest problem I think. That and not knowing the tracks, qualifying would help you (re)learn the track again.

Shaneus

m0dus said:
At this point, I'm only sharing rare or liveried cars. We do need to enact a cleanup.
Can they be deleted by anyone or just the person who put them up there?

I'm probably partially guilty... I tried uploading some unicorns but couldn't, but did upload a good Trueno for the first FK drift rivals thing and just today a sweet-arse Scooby Liberty, but that's it.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
Blasphemy!

The muscle cars in the game are some of the best represented yet in a video game. It's amazing to see just how Turn 10 implememnted the suspension modeling. The slalom autocross especially reminds me of the old TV commercials here in Aus. "Radial tuned suspension" apparantely made the cars handle like supercars lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW4091G5Bxo

Internal memo to Product Development Dept:
The new SaladineTrap 2000 prototype has been field tested successfully. Please prep for mass production.

Seriously, though: not a fan of the muscle cars.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
m0dus said:
At this point, I'm only sharing rare or liveried cars. We do need to enact a cleanup.
I'll clean up some of my stuff lol..

My veyron is a great R3 800 car, tuned and all, I might add a mosler in the same cat since it's tuned as well so people have proper racing options while online.

I'll see if I remove what could be considered common, I removed that 350z I had shared at first, it's still an untuned mess.

Mascot

m0dus said:

Yeah, I put some of the gift cars from the upper tiers of the career progression in there for people to use in online races and challenges/rivals etc.
Probably no need for them anymore now that the game's been out a while.

p3tran

Banned
Aptos said:

in order to help for R3, try my cyan viper from the club garage.
top 50 car in many tracks, very-very easy to handle ;)

getphoton75x.jpg

Mascot

p3tran said:

Is that for sale on the Storefront? I've been looking for a decent R3 Viper tune.

p3tran

Banned
Mascot said:
Is that for sale on the Storefront? I've been looking for a decent R3 Viper tune.
hmm I'll put it up within the hour mascot

also I will park in the garage a f200 car for the top gear challenge
getphoto27bh.jpg

while testing it yesterday, this happened:
:p
img_2206z7yi.jpg

and still there is lots of potential for further trimming the time

Shaneus

Can we share tunes as well? I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it'd be nifty for competitions where you don't want your opposition having the same settings as you.

p3tran

Banned
Shaneus said:
Can we share tunes as well? I haven't looked into it, but I imagine it'd be nifty for competitions where you don't want your opposition having the same settings as you.
in the club I only put tuned vehicles.

m0dus suggested we do some cars, tuned and painted for the club.
I think this is a good idea. create a bunch of cars for leaderboard competition with club colors.
I also like the idea of the garage containing all sorts of rare cars.
its just the garage needs some management, so that everything can be included and everything can be found.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Help please!
I have no clue how to get into the NeoGAF racing club, might somebody mind adding me?
XBL handle is OnkelZee.

Thanks in advance!

saladine1

Mascot said:
Internal memo to Product Development Dept:
The new SaladineTrap 2000 prototype has been field tested successfully. Please prep for mass production.

Seriously, though: not a fan of the muscle cars.
lol, to each his own I guess. I'm glad that I can enjoy and appreciate all cars regardless of their inherent failings.

I'm really looking forward to some British classics however...and more Aussie muscle:)
I wonder how Turn 10 will release the car packs?
Will they have a theme of sorts..you know, "British classics", "Modern Marvels", "Lighweight racers"...etc or will it be mixed?

p3tran said:
hmm I'll put it up within the hour mascot

also I will park in the garage a f200 car for the top gear challenge
http://www.abload.de/img/getphoto27bh.jpg[IMG]

while testing it yesterday, this happened:
:p
[IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/img_2206z7yi.jpg[IMG]
and still there is lots of potential for further trimming the time[/QUOTE]
God damnit!

Shaneus

So if I strip a unicorn of its tune (say, the Top Secret S15) so I can share it, does that mean it's basically just like a regular S15?

Shaneus said:
So if I strip a unicorn of its tune (say, the Top Secret S15) so I can share it, does that mean it's basically just like a regular S15?
Not in previous games. Besides, you'd still get to put back all the parts T10 added.

Arucardo

Basically the only gripe I've got (0 credits bug being obvious) is not being able to use club cars or my own cars for cycled production races paint jobs, it always complains that the car isn't stock and you can't use it. All I want to use from it is the paint job :( .

About the AI, I've had very few races in the career that I'd consider cake walks. Basically I've had the same difficulty on AI as professional in quick race. Only easy races are when you can get second or third in the 1st or 2nd corner at the start. If I'm in the middle of the pack after the first few corners I've really got to work to win the race.

I don't think I'm THAT bad at driving in forza...

PS. My R2 tuned DBR is all over the place without TC :| .

Magni

I was supposed to work today... but I'll just play Forza instead, you are wizards T10! *shakes fist*

How are things going on the Club front? Any spots still open? I've been asking for the past few days with no answers... I need rivals to race against :(

saladine1 said:
lol, to each his own I guess. I'm glad that I can enjoy and appreciate all cars regardless of their inherent failings.

I'm really looking forward to some British classics however...and more Aussie muscle:)
I wonder how Turn 10 will release the car packs?
Will they have a theme of sorts..you know, "British classics", "Modern Marvels", "Lighweight racers"...etc or will it be mixed?

I also really enjoy the muscle cars. They have distinctiveness and characteristics that really are unique to that particular era of American automobiles.

I am hoping that they will just do mixed (or very loose theme) so we can get all type of car.

It's a shame the club leaders can't manage the cars like they can with users, isn't there a cheevo for sharing a car? would explain half of them on there.

I had 3 race tuned cars up but removed the FWD car last night, it's not one of my better cars.

Mascot

p3tran said:
viper's up mascot
tell me what you think

Bought your tune and the paint (the most I've ever spent on either in Forza 2, 3 or 4 :lol). I nabbed an R3 Viper on the auction house for C50k so ran a few laps with that one first on Alps Stadtplatz by way of comparison (I assume it was an auto-upgrade). It felt pretty good to be honest, I was quite surprised. I then applied your tune and was a bit worried in the apparent downgrade (all three indicators were red compared to the generic R3 tune the car came with from the auction house). The car definitely felt a little slower, but on my first flying lap I beat the previous ghost by half a second for a top-200 time on the leaderboards.

So yeah - I like it..! :)

Diablohead said:
It's a shame the club leaders can't manage the cars like they can with users, isn't there a cheevo for sharing a car? would explain half of them on there.

I had 3 race tuned cars up but removed the FWD car last night, it's not one of my better cars.

I think the only car I share was that Honda CR-Z. I could remove it later today when I get home from work.

G Rom

Small rant post incoming :
I really don't get Turn 10's obsession with bloom. They keep trying to use it since FM2 but they overdo it each time.
When you're racing on Fujimi Kaido, it's like God himself appeared in the sky and is blinding everyone looking at him. That pure white bloom above the trees is just ridiculous and ugly. It's the same on cars, there's just way too much of it.
I'm not against bloom at all but it needs to be more subtle not blinding.
I really don't understand how artists can't see how things like this drag the game's look down. I could point out several other small artistic choices that also make the game (mainly the cars) look worse than it could be.

Shaneus

G Rom said:
I really don't get Turn 10's obsession with bloom. They keep trying to use it since FM2 but they overdo it each time.
When you're racing on Fujimi Kaido, it's like God himself appeared in the sky and is blinding everyone looking at him. That pure white bloom above the trees is just ridiculous and ugly. It's the same on cars, there's just way too much of it.
I really don't understand how artists can't see how things like this drag the game's look down. I could point out several other small artistic choices that also make the game (mainly the cars) look worse than it could be.
If it's the bloom that's also responsible (at least partly) for the over-reflective roads, I'm in complete agreeance with you. I've never see any road at any angle look almost completely white... let alone a dry one. It baffles.

Wazzim

Banned
G Rom said:
I always wanted some kind of photomode-like settings for the ingame graphics (impossible because that would affect the framerate). Turning the bloom down and stuff would make the game look so much better.
It's sad that there isn't really a way to contact T10 for these kind of problems .. :(

Maybe some of the T10 guys on GAF can help?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
p3tran said:

getphoton75x.jpg

Going to try it soon, try out my two race cars please, I need some feedback on the tuning lol :p

Veyron + McLaren F1 GT R3

h3ro

I'm absolutely gutted right now guys. This morning at Sepang, we lost Marco Simoncelli during the MotoGP race. He died after a high-side correction that led him directly into the oncoming traffic made up of Vale Rossi and Colin Edwards. His helmet came off from the initial contact. He was gonna be a superstar.

What an absolutely terrifying week for motorsport and all it's fans. :(

I know there is some crossover between ForzaGAF and MotorsportGAF, so I think it's ok for this post...

RIP #58, Sideshow Bob

ekuuW.jpg

Seanspeed

Banned
h3ro said:
I'm absolutely gutted right now guys.
Same. I knew right after the accident happened that he was likely not gonna make it. :( Between Dan's death and Marco's today, my normal passion for racing is a bit waning right now. And since Battlefield 3 is coming out Tuesday, I probably wont be playing a whole lot of Forza in the coming week or two.

I'm certainly still in this for the long haul, so I hope its not gonna mean getting kicked from the club or anything. Just wanted to give fair warning. Its a tough time for motorsport fans right now.

Top Bottom