• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Deepo

2 questions:

1. The Tier rewards kick in when I log in to the actual game, not the demo, right?
2. Will I be able to earn the Mclaren if I get my tier higher by playing the older games after having logged in to Horizon 2?

DirtyLarry

I used SmartGLASS at work to download it. So cool.
I am curious how?
I purchased the demo, but all I saw after doing so was a button that said "Play on XBox One," no way to download it?
Or does it automatically start downloading because I "purchased" it?

Just did the first race and I like it. The presentation is so damm slick. I love the whole festival vibe it just seems like such a happy game. And a lot less serious than something Forza and GT.

Graphics are great in the first race you go from day to dusk. Very solid now off to explore :p

Yeah, this is one of the best things about the series, just pure joy throughout.

arhra

There are also Bucket List events for MP? Cool! Is online free roam the only way to start races agains human players?

There's also Online Road Trip (a more structured mode, with a series of events spread around the map), plus I think you can challenge any player you see at a car meet to a head-to-head race.

Daffy Duck

First thing I do when I get the full game is go looking for that damn train track.

I am curious how?
I purchased the demo, but all I saw after doing so was a button that said "Play on XBox One," no way to download it?
Or does it automatically start downloading because I "purchased" it?

When I clicked download now, I got the confirmation screen and after that it said "if your xbox is in instant on mode it will be downloaded to your xbox now."

Dabanton

Festival Cross Country is going to be very,very fun in MP.

Just completed it pretty awesome, less po faced racing games and more of this sort of stuff please racing devs.

And The Clash just came on the in game radio.

I had ZERO interest in this game until today. This dope OT thread, AyyScooby's stream and the release of the demo has me SOLD.

Looks fun as hell.

Do I go all out for the Ultimate Day One edition? Passed up on Destiny so I've got some extra cash to spluge...

Game is fucking great. I defy anyone to not have a huge smile slapped across their face when facing against the aerial display team along the coast road.

Graphically it is the best thing I've seen this gen along with Infamous and Ryse

Ape

Banned
MS should be smart now, hopefully.

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

btags

Wow this game looks really good. Those saying it would not look like the trailer were totally wrong, as I expected. I didn't play the first Horizon but so far the handling and open world have been really good. I don't know if I like playing in the cockpit view or seeing the car itself, as both look gorgeous (especially cockpit view while off road).

So I got home, set up my thrustmaster tx458 wheel on my wheel stand while the game installed.

I sat down and started the game.

Played the first part of the demo that leads to the festival with all the assists and what not on.

It was cool. The AI proved it was no slouch.

I then drove to an event and just looked st the scenery as I got used to the handling of the car. I smiled as The rear broke traction while braking and turning into a sharp corner.

I then turned off ALL assists and started a cross country race.....

Oh my God.

Oh my God.

SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

My only fear about this game was that my wheel would be relegated to a poor vibration wheel but everything is there.

The wheel goes light when you take jumps or lose traction.

The vibration motors go absolutely flipping mental when off loading.

Hitting a bump jolts the wheel accordingly.

I've played this gAme about five minutes and it's an insta buy. No doubt.

Certinty

Considering cancelling my white Xbox One preorder and simply getting a black one next week. Told myself I could wait a month to play this but as release day comes nearer I don't think I can.

Hawk269

I love how, well, fast everything is... "Hey, want to join this race? Press X!" No long waiting for another race, the social interaction and connection seems to be very fluid.
Bungie could use Playgrounds help on how to do social and quick matchmaking. Hehehe.

DirtyLarry

When I clicked download now, I got the confirmation screen and after that it said "if your xbox is in instant on mode it will be downloaded to your xbox now."
Oh well. I did not get that at all, and now when I go to it in the store again all it says is I already purchased this item and the only option I have is the "Play On XBox One" which since I am at work I cannot do.
Pretty damn sure my One is in instant on mode as well, there is no reason it would not be. Granted I have not turned it on for like 6 days, so perhaps that has something to do with it.
I'll just have to download it when I get home it looks like.

Thanks for the reply.

Just started the download from smartglass. Still at work for another 4.5 hours though :/ the hype is killing me.

Same here. Purchases from Smartglass that start downloading immediately is an awesome feature. I'm still at work for another 6 1/2 hours, so I won't be able to play for quite a while.

Oh well. I did not get that at all, and now when I go to it in the store again all it says is I already purchased this item and the only option I have is the "Play On XBox One" which since I am at work I cannot do.
Pretty damn sure my One is in instant on mode as well, there is no reason it would not be. Granted I have not turned it on for like 6 days, so perhaps that has something to do with it.
I'll just have to download it when I get home it looks like.

Thanks for the reply.

I've had this happen to me for other games. I wondered if it was because I had left my Xbox One on at home.

Megasoum

Banned
Ohhhh I get it... For people who were wondering why I got the Deluxe edition for 75$ Canadian... The Horizon 2 VIP is 50% off for FM5 VIP members.

Top Bottom