• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 Demo |OT| "Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Someone needs to ask the question we're all thinking.

Could a demo win game of the year?
idLLAhuHbkhxt.gif

Ape

Banned
It certainly could be with Destiny and Watch Dogs out of the picture. I see Bayonetta 2, Dragon Age, LotR, Sunset Overdrive, Advanced Warfare, Alien Isolation, AC: Unity, The Evil Within, Drive Club and Super Smash Bros and think... why not?

I absolutely agree. My bet is on SO but horizon is most definitely in the conversation. I'd be surprised if it had a metacritic under 90.

ironcreed

Banned
I am a cockpit view guy all the way, but just have to keep switching the camera outside because of how gobsmackingly gorgeous Europe is in this game. And holy shit at how huge the full map is.

flashmouth

Neo Member
Did you guys notice there is an insane discount now on the game in Hong Kong store?
Ultimate Edition HK$520 = $67 / 52€
Deluxe HK$416 = $54 / 42€
VIP Pass HK$79 = $10 / 7,8€

vrln

Neo Member
I absolutely agree. My bet is on SO but horizon is most definitely in the conversation. I'd be surprised if it had a metacritic under 90.

x2. Never thought a racing game might win GOTY, but this seems to be the main contender so far. Definitely metacritic > 90. DriveClub (it looks good too though) has a tough fight ahead.

Amir0x

Banned
Played it at a friends house?

It's damn good, some slight criticisms about the rain and how static it is, but it's pretty bloody great apart from that.

There's literally no better feeling than barrelling through a vineyard in bumper cam view at 100mph.

Yeah, he knew. I made a date. I had to play this demo, it's one of my most anticipated games.

The open world nature of the game really does make all the difference, though. It feels exciting, always on the edge, like any thing could happen during a race. It's quite fun. It's quite a good looking game for the XBO too. I can't find much to criticize. I'm sure I will find some things since I always do in full games, but so far so good.

So like the first game, the demo is amazing.

Rain is underwhelming though.

Does the rain not accumulate at all on the windshield? I know the wipers are going, but it never really appears to gather in between swipes. However, it does appear to do so on the left hand side of the windshield, where it really isn't in your direct point of view.

This game looks like so much fun!

DirtyLarry

Much to my surprise the demo was completely installed when I got home, even though the Smartglass app gave me no indication it would be when I downloaded from work.

Not complaining at all, but just weird some people got an indication it would download if auto-on was enabled, and I did not, yet there it was completely downloaded and installed.

Will check it out once I settle in, etc. Cannot wait.

I'm debating keeping my Amazon order (Day One Edition + pre-order car) or just getting the Digital Deluxe Edition since I have that $10 discount now

shandy706

I'm debating keeping my Amazon order (Day One Edition + pre-order car) or just getting the Digital Deluxe Edition since I have that $10 discount now

I love physical, but this is a game I'll be playing for a long time...and I don't want to dig for the disc.

If there had been a Collectors Edition I would have bought physical. They made that choice for me without one. :)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
The game seems to have gone up $20 on the Australian store over night. Stuff digital, not paying $100.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
This demo is absolutely fantastic. The physics feel great, the framerate is solid, and the IQ is superb. I don't really have anything negative to say about it right now. It's just a really well made game.
Couldn't put it better myself, blown away by the demo so much I've just pre-purchased it.

Game4life

Banned
How do you know that Sunset Overdrive sucks when the game hasn't even come out yet? I'm not denying that this game is amazing, but I also want to try out Sunset Overdrive

Sorry. Maybe I was too harsh on it. Just from my time with it I did not like it. I thought the gameplay was bad when I played it.

Grisby

Impressions sound great. Gotta stay strong to go in fresh.

Are the two deluxe editions only available digitally? Not seeing anything on Gamestop.
If the beginning of Destiny is what we're going by, our character died in a drivatar pileup.
Laughing for a good minute at this.

stay gold

Playground sure are a talented bunch. This game looks amazing, so vibrant and clean.

Seems like a very strong GOTY candidate for me after trying the demo.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmm.

First impressions are insane,but I have a couple of negatives. When going off-road the third person cameras give you an advantage in seeing where you are going, but they are way less immersive. But in cockpit/bonnet cam it can be difficult to see the next checkpoint. I would have liked either the red smoke to be higher up so you can see it more easily, or perhaps the checkpoint vertical line to be visible more easily. You can look at the minimal but that is a bit distracting.

Secondly, for me at least the circuit race looked really bad. It was in the wet and the road looked bad (too shiny) and the cars looked like shiny toy cars. Odd because later on in free roam the wet roads looked really good.

And I know in advance that the hidden roads that don't show up on the map are going to drive me insane. Have 39/41 on the demo but can't find any more.

Cheddahz

Banned
I think I'm just going to go cancel my pre-order of this at Gamestop and just pick up Microsoft money to get it digitally. I'm usually picky about digital games, but I know I'll be playing this for a while and it'll be nice to just have it on my Xbox for me to play whenever

JaggedSac

Hmm.

First impressions are insane,but I have a couple of negatives. When going off-road the third person cameras give you an advantage in seeing where you are going, but they are way less immersive. But in cockpit/bonnet cam it can be difficult to see the next checkpoint. I would have liked either the red smoke to be higher up so you can see it more easily, or perhaps the checkpoint vertical line to be visible more easily. You can look at the minimal but that is a bit distracting.

Secondly, for me at least the circuit race looked really bad. It was in the wet and the road looked bad (too shiny) and the cars looked like shiny toy cars. Odd because later on in free roam the wet roads looked really good.

And I know in advance that the hidden roads that don't show up on the map are going to drive me insane. Have 39/41 on the demo but can't find any more.

They all show up.

Really wondering if Ultimate is worth the extra or not. Deluxe seems like it offers the best compromise.

Played more of the demo and did and online freeroam which works really well, had no problems and some great races.

Don't really see peoples gripes with the rain. Looks great to me for an open world game!

It certainly could be with Destiny and Watch Dogs out of the picture. I see Bayonetta 2, Dragon Age, LotR, Sunset Overdrive, Advanced Warfare, Alien Isolation, AC: Unity, The Evil Within, Drive Club and Super Smash Bros and think... why not?

Well, couldn't Diablo 3 win Game of the Year for consoles? That game is incredible.

Damn this is impressive. That first moment when you go off road... Wow! The controller rumble is just perfect. Incredibly intense bouncing thru a field on bonnet view, adrenaline rush!

JaggedSac

There are definitely roads I drove on that weren't on the map. Do they not count towards the total then?

Those don't count. I was actually just competing with you about 20 minutes ago on road finding, lol. Have you gone to all the roads that lead out of the demo area? Or the little half circle roads in the festival center?

Top Bottom