• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 7. A look at some tracks, Forza Horizon 3 skies, Dynamic weather

Luckydog

While we are waiting on Mixer, side topic:

Can anyone confirm the information about supported wheels? I have a Forza CSR elite setup from my 360 days that I have not been able to use on My XB1. Based on the recent data, it looks like that it will now be supported on XB1. Is that correct?

EDIT: Crap does that mean my Forza CSR Elite will only work on PC? Not XB1?

Theorry

untitledhjsro.png

Theorry

Changing assist for more XP is out. Mods are in. So you can select mods that give more XP. Like 3rd place or better

GHG

Looks great and the race length tool option is a welcome addition but unless I missed it they didn't expand on what "dynamic" really mean unless I missed it?

Gestault

I must remember that driver's dance next time I'm about to shit myself and the cubicle is engaged.

No more coffee for that guy, lol.

I'd like to see different stance options. Like, instead of the antsy-pants default, you can have an almost literal Stig-like statue stance.

Mascot

I'd like to see different stance options. Like, instead of the antsy-pants default, you can have an almost literal Stig-like statue stance.
Or consulting his race engineer... or checking the car... or anything that doesn't look forced and exaggerated.

Even if the movements were toned down a bit, more subtle. He's over-acting badly.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

Time for Kinect to shine.

They should have allowed Kinect gestures for Halo 5 victories, too.

KdotIX

Looks beautiful. Will pick up with a proper racing wheel.

any wheel recommendations for PC?

I recently picked up a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition and that will work on PS4 and PC - also confirmed to work with the PC version of Forza 7. Its a decent starter set as they come with the T3PA pedals (3-pedal set) - But I took advantage of a sale Thrustmaster had and also picked up the T3PA Pro pedal set for next to nothing. They're the same as the standard T3PA pedals, but they have all metal arms and can be inverted.

VOD isnt up yet. Will keep a look out for it.

But

Some direct feed footage on Sonamo from Ar12 tho. Good racer also. All assists off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LsI26fNmE

Another one on Sonoma. Direct feed. Bit more during the day some more sunny.

https://youtu.be/cT3QCryCJAo?t=9m47s

Hopefully theres a way to turn off that horrible camera motion/movement - making me feel a bit sick looking at it...

Fox Mulder

My God. If I never hear that bloke talk again it'll be far too soon.

He's a chosen influencer though.

He sucks at Forza really and his audience is younger and more arcade stuff. But this is how we're getting footage these days I guess. I already know Forza 7 is pretty. It looks great if you get the X or have a PC.

Pcars 2 devs hosted numerous streams and showed off and discussed all kinds of stuff.

MouldyK

Here

FORZA MOTORSPORT 7 PREVIEW – MICROSOFT’S KILLER GAME OF 2017 said:
Players will gain points based on their positions during each race, with all of the points of each race adding up to the player’s total in the championship, mirroring the point-system of actual motorsports, with the use of mods (or lack thereof) influencing the amount of credits and XP that the player receives for each individual race.

200w.gif

Gestault

0iSp1EC.gif

RpDiLNq.gif

MROJqf5.gif

I think I'm in love.

Having the motorsport scoring handled as its own persistent league tally, and the player bonuses determined by the mods is a great way to split that difference. Combined with being able to change race durations, this is going to make a lot of people happy.

Halabane

hoping it has better luck on PC than FH3 has been for me. Right now it will come up and then when you say start it just closes. The history on the pc has it works for awhile then it doesn't. Then the expansion packs come out and things are messed up again. Very sensitive to windows updates. Possibly it has something to do with the store. I really hope they get it straightened out. I like the game but on PC its just always feels like its a beta.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a dumb question, but, I feel like in the wake of GT Sport, I need to ask:

Will this have a single player campaign like the last Forza Motorsport games? Sad that I feel a need to confirm it, but, I've given up on GTS and am looking for FM to scratch that itch this holiday.

To piggy back this, will online co-op be possible?

xrnzaaas

Just started to watch that stream, the guy from Turn 10 made me laugh when he mentioned they have a McLaren F1, a Porsche 959 and a Polaris RZR. XD Did they pay Turn 10 more money to be featured in the main event in Forza 7 as well?

Removing bonuses for no/less assists is a HORRIBLE idea. I do like how you can tweak the length of each campaign race (there are some tracks I like more than others and I will use this feature very often) and what's even better the game doesn't give you too much room for decisions to change everything (and to finish the race in any place) like in Horizon 3.

Generally my response to what I've seen is mixed. The Suzuka gameplay looked great and the overall structure of the sp career seems acceptable but there's that stuff with no extra rewards for preset difficulty and also heavily Horizon inspired menus look pretty bad. I'm not sure yet about the car collection system. So the game basically encourages you to collect cars and that's okay, but from what I've seen those cars aren't really collected to be used in races but mostly to advance to higher tiers and to get better rewards with every level up. I really hope that it won't be another FM game where you have hundreds of cars in the garage and you only used a small percent of them in the career mode.

Oh and both of the showcases from the first cup look they don't belong in a Forza Motorsport game (bowling never belonged ;)). I hope that they're not only about that and will feature stuff like endurance or historical races as well.

Some direct feed footage on Sonamo from Ar12 tho. Good racer also. All assists off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4LsI26fNmE

The moving hud really is a godawful idea. I really hope they'll be an option to disable it or otherwise I'll have to resort to turning off the entire hud.

Mascot

* windscreen wiper gifs*

The rain on the windscreen looks fantastic, the way the wiped water flows back up the glass as the blade returns to the other side, and the way droplets move at different speeds across the surface. It's a far more convincing effect that pCARS 2's efforts and looks a lot more natural and true-to-life. FM7's effect looks procedural (even if it isn't) whereas it looks badly canned in pCARS 2.

Top Bottom