• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport (XSX) vs Gran Turismo 7 (PS5) Graphics Comparison (Up: Video in OP replaced as IGN one was not fit for purpose)

Which is better?

• Forza Motorsport(2023)

Votes: 170 24.1%
  • Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 404 57.2%
  • Mario Kart 8DX

Votes: 132 18.7%

• Total voters

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Dude was using PC footage???
smh GIF

Lay easy on the meme crack-pipe and read before posting, grandpa :messenger_weary:

All the pictures I've posted are from video(s) with Series X running in Performance RT mode.

Sources:

Last edited:

mrmeh

Both look good, just slightly different colour setup. Like some pics/videos better on GT7, maybe slightly more on FM with the more detailed scenery. Hope FM8 plays well, did not like 7.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wow, fucking amazing!
Best weather since Driveclub. not sure if its better, but its very close. Great looking rain droplets on screen. I wonder if it has the windshield physics when you turn and the rain acculumates for a second before being washed away by the windshield wipers.

demigod is going absolutely nuts lmao. four LOL reactions in the last 30 seconds. I am spending the next two days in this thread, only 4k short of 70k reactions. Should hit it with demigod's help by tomorrow.

Flutta

Banned
memes are fine. its just that adamsapple is taking the time to post actual comparisons and getting mass LOL reactions from team sony (i counted 8 on that one post) which is not a good look for us lmao

we need to post memes in the PC performance thread which is not great at all. especially after the redfall and starfield fiascos. not a good look for ms first party.

Adamsapple has quite the reputation around here, i'm not surprised he gets that type of reactions. Compare him to us? we shit on Sony all the time lmao.. this is nothing. Xboys should be able to handle it :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I think GT looks better to my eyes in the still pictures, but not enough from stopping me from trying Forza to see how it feels to play (if my laptop can handle it)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
memes are fine. its just that adamsapple is taking the time to post actual comparisons and getting mass LOL reactions from team sony (i counted 8 on that one post) which is not a good look for us lmao

Appreciated my brother but it's kinda become second nature now. I post a thing with reference, some familiar names @ me, I reply to them in kind and only my post(s) get deleted.

SlimySnake

Frustration must be killing him

I saw this with Starfield. The xsx version is lacking shadows and AO and it really hurts the visuals especially in meme towns like New Atlantis.

On one hand, im happy that the PC version is not being sacrificed for consoles. On the other hand, they should do a better job focusing on getting crucial settings to enhance fidelity into the console version. Starfield is 1440p. Why? Just downgrade to 1296p and get better shadows and AO. hell, even a 1080p game at higher visual settings will look better with proper upscaling techniques.

They have a lot more headroom here in Forza. I believe their performance RT mode targets 1800p. Just drop down to 1440p and increase visual settings to PC high.

Honestly, this is proof that devs should focus on one sku and make sure it looks fantastic.

, I reply to them in kind
yeah, dont do that. keep your cool. and argue your point. you know you are in the right here. just stick with the facts, ignore the insults and you wont get modded.

Last edited:

skyfinch

FM looks like ass in some videos, then look amazing in others.

This one in particular looks really good, especially at the end when he is racing on Limerock. Overall, I'm happy with the improvements, not blown away by then..And hopefully when they add more cars and tracks, and update things, they can go back and improve on the graphics as well.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
FM looks like ass in some videos, then look amazing in others.

This one in particular looks really good, especially at the end when he is racing on Limerock. Overall, I'm happy with the improvements, not blown away by then..And hopefully when they add more cars and tracks, and update things, they can go back and improve on the graphics as well.

Agreed. But when it looks amazing it really looks amazing. Can’t believe we’re getting this with RT on console. Lighting especially blows GT7 away.

nosoynadie22

Gold Member
I think FH8 has better graphics than GT7. but if we were to compare real life racing with these two games, then GT7 would have a greater resemblance to reality at least with videos, FH8 looks very artificial.

tmlDan

I cant even answer this poll, i think it's as expected - generally i think GT7 looks better but in some cases lighting and other details are better in Forza.

SlimySnake

Sorry, you're stupid because you didn't play GT7. It looks amazing most of the time. :messenger_tongue:

I'd show it to you if I could.
in my defense, i did buy it when it went down to $25 earlier this year, but walmart didnt honor the price mistake. i had figured sony wouldve added it to ps+ premium by now.

i always thought GT Sports looked fantastic in cloudy and dusk lighting conditions. I only had a problem with the midday lighting which had this really harsh look. Spiderman had this as well, and they have fixed it with the sequel. Same goes for Forza 7. I always thought it looked ugly during mid day and its a relief to see them finally fix it.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lighting in GT looks gamey? You can't be serious. I'd like to know why white colors look so blurry in Forza. Doesn't make sense.

It's pretty obvious that Forza has more going on like pointed out by Turk1993 Turk1993 in the other thread. All cars headlights casts shadows at night for example, more reflection on rainy weather and so on. Also RT in game. After all the game did get made by the ground up for this gen. So Forza is the more advanced graphics here.

On the other hand, I still do think GT7 looks better most of the time. Lighting is unmatched and car models still look clearly better, specially because the materials look less plasticky and the way light affects the materials is more realistic. I think it all comes down to PD's artistry than anything else.

Also a video which shows how beautiful GT7 is at night.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
in my defense, i did buy it when it went down to $25 earlier this year, but walmart didnt honor the price mistake. i had figured sony wouldve added it to ps+ premium by now.

i always thought GT Sports looked fantastic in cloudy and dusk lighting conditions. I only had a problem with the midday lighting which had this really harsh look. Spiderman had this as well, and they have fixed it with the sequel. Same goes for Forza 7. I always thought it looked ugly during mid day and its a relief to see them finally fix it.
I'll put some gameplay on twitch for you to watch. :p

But seriously, the game looks so good. Much better than GTS.

Gambit2483

I think GT looks better to my eyes in the still pictures, but not enough from stopping me from trying Forza to see how it feels to play (if my laptop can handle it)
Same, I'll at least try it on Gamepass to see if it's not just a case of looking worse in videos.

The replays only being available in 30fps is a shame though.

NEbeast

I don't know about you guys, but Forza's realistic lighting does much better in some comparisons.

GT here looks very "gamey" by comparison. The much better trees on Forza also help.

5qnGwgY.png
bT3UauS.png
HzWtUPC.png
Gt still looks better in those. Also, who tf cares about the trees in a racing game? You're laser focused on the track/cars.

SlimySnake

Also a video which shows how beautiful GT7 is at night.

Just looking at the youtube screencap, its odd that only the player car headlights are illuminating the track. i know forza horizon had some issues with headlights casting shadows, but im surprised that only the player is lighting up the track in gt7.

Senua

Gold Member
Appreciated my brother but it's kinda become second nature now. I post a thing with reference, some familiar names @ me, I reply to them in kind and only my post(s) get deleted.
Jim Ryan is definitely a mod on gaf, only my digs at sony get deleted and never my jabs at anything MS

GHG

Gold Member
The track lights aren't even on in GT7. FM looks way more advanced in this video.

They've just turned on lights (and it looks like additional lights have been placed) that wouldn't be in use during a race.

ACC is the official GT3 simulator btw, so trackside details will be accurate.

Circuit with lights vs circuit without lights, both look accurate.

It's the same track my man.

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Just looking at the youtube screencap, its odd that only the player car headlights are illuminating the track. i know forza horizon had some issues with headlights casting shadows, but im surprised that only the player is lighting up the track in gt7.

At 4 min, the cars in the distance also cast shadow on each other.

Also trackside lights shouldn’t been on during races, That’s not realistic. Just look at the 24 of Le Mans for instance. No lights are on, only car headlights.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Might depends on the car or something, some of them are lighting the track (3:25, 3:56 and so on).

Top Bottom